EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i am in my preferred driving position with the back of the seat at nearly ninety degrees to the bottom of the seat the steering wheel obstructs the readings of the speedometer from the 45 to 100 mph mark. I have to lower my head to read these markings while I drive. I feel that the steering wheel needs to raise about another inch. does anyone else have this problem? Im 5foot 11.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We use the power tilt wheel to put the steering wheel in a good position for comfort and sight. I'm 6' and I've never had a visibility problem. Do you have the tilt wheel or power tilt wheel option? If not, I think your only choice is to try and raise or lower the seat without changing the angles so comfort doesn't suffer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Remember, the steering column is manually adjustable if you don't have the power option. :thumb:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Some "long waisted" (tall in the saddle) drivers have complained about this. The Enclave's wheel tilts back at the firewall like most imports, so some drivers can't move it up high enough to clear the top of the speedo. Try lowering the seat a tad and see if that helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why does the Acadia come with the speed on the windshield but not the Enclave? Odd. We test drove both today and loved the Acadia's lighted speed on the windshield. The Clave is still the better ride.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Because the heads up display of the Acadia will not work with the laminated glass of the Enclave...quiet ride or heads up display?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
bsox said:
Because the heads up display of the Acadia will not work with the laminated glass of the Enclave...quiet ride or heads up display?
I didn't realize that was why we didn't have the heads-up on the Enclave. I find I usually have to adjust the tilt just about every time I drive my vehicle in order to see the speedometer but consider it no big deal for the privilege of being owned by the Enclave.[/color] ;D

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I was having a rock chip fixed on my Enclave I was told all windshields are laminated. The difference is the Clave uses thicker glass.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
womps said:
When I was having a rock chip fixed on my Enclave I was told all windshields are laminated. The difference is the Clave uses thicker glass.
Might be, but there is more to it than that. the glass of the rear passenger windows and rear window are not the same as the windshield and the front side windows. Maybe it is the way that the front glass is put together that prevents the engineers from getting the heads up display to work. Maybe the air between the panels of glass? That alone tells me that window in the Enclave is not the same as the Acadia.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
If you lower the front driver's side window, you can clearly see the different laminated layers at the top edge of the glass. The result is an unusually thick window that is a better sound insulator. The laminated layers are each fairly thick, and my guess is that HUD would result in distracting double images due to an image reflected from each layer interface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts