EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find that the steering wheel doesn't go high enough (or that the cockpit is too high)?

I'm pretty short (5'6") so I like to raise the seat fairly high (almost all the way I think). I then also have the steering wheel all the way up. However, it then completely blocks me from seeing the top of the cockpit (i.e. I can't see the top of the speedometer or the display, where I like to show how many miles I have remaining).

If I lower the seat way down then I can be more eye level with the cockpit and the top of the steering wheel is above my eye line and I can see everything. But I feel really low like this.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
newbie01 said:
Does anyone else find that the steering wheel doesn't go high enough (or that the cockpit is too high)?

I'm pretty short (5'6") so I like to raise the seat fairly high (almost all the way I think). I then also have the steering wheel all the way up. However, it then completely blocks me from seeing the top of the cockpit (i.e. I can't see the top of the speedometer or the display, where I like to show how many miles I have remaining).

If I lower the seat way down then I can be more eye level with the cockpit and the top of the steering wheel is above my eye line and I can see everything. But I feel really low like this.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
1st. Happy Thanksgiving, Newbie01!
2nd. I guess it is personal preference as to "where" you set the seat and steeringwheel for your best view of the dash/instrument cluster and gauges. Sorry, not much help. But, I am 6'3" and have the seat lowered, and the steering wheel set all the way up - which works for me....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would like the steering wheel about 2 - 3" higher. I'm 5 11 and have the seat all the way down. The steering wheel in mine is a powered one, no manual adjustment.
Btw I'm long from the waist up, I've been told.

Rick

·
Registered
121 Posts
From what I have read steering wheels should be positioned so the airbag when deployed aims more toward the driver's chest and not the face.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul K. said:
From what I have read steering wheels should be positioned so the airbag when deployed aims more toward the driver's chest and not the face.
That's a good point as well, and again further goes to my point that (for me anyway), I need the wheel to be all the way up in order for me to properly see the cockpit. Otherwise I can't see the top of the speedometer or display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
newbie01
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing