EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the first day, when I press the button to open the dash top compartment, 95% of the time it does NOT open unless I manually lift it to get it started. It is not the spring, because sometimes it works(rarely). The dealer checked it and "serviced it" but the lid still sticks most of the time.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how was it fixed?
I saw a post on the Acadia forum with this problem mentioned.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Re: Sticking lid on dash top compartment

MRBUICK said:
Since the first day, when I press the button to open the dash top compartment, 95% of the time it does NOT open unless I manually lift it to get it started. It is not the spring, because sometimes it works(rarely). The dealer checked it and "serviced it" but the lid still sticks most of the time.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how was it fixed?
I saw a post on the Acadia forum with this problem mentioned.

SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLE! Obviously, a binding issue or something. latch works all the way? Mine seems OK.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Smokin SRX said:
SORRY FOR YOUR TROUBLE! Obviously, a binding issue or something. latch works all the way? Mine seems OK.
Not really trouble, just a minor inconvenience. It seems to be binding somewhere. I just want everything to work properly. I am confident the service department will rectify it on my next visit. I am happy this is all I have to deal with.
Now my friends Lexus, that's another story, in the shop more than it is out.........
It's a good thing Toyota products have no problems. ::) ::) ::)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

I do not have that issue with mine. It opens very gently (softly).

·
Registered
80 Posts

My friend has the Outlook and he complains of the same issue.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Sticking lid on dash top compartment

UPDATE:
The dealer can not seem to get the compartment to open properly. After trying one in the showroom that worked properly, and seeing no way to adjust the one on my car, they said they will order a replacement.
It seems that this is not an isolated problem, as I see some complaints on the Acadia forum also.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Re: UPDATE: Sticking lid on dash top compartment

MRBUICK said:
UPDATE:
The dealer can not seem to get the compartment to open properly. After trying one in the showroom that worked properly, and seeing no way to adjust the one on my car, they said they will order a replacement.
It seems that this is not an isolated problem, as I see some complaints on the Acadia forum also.
After looking at mine, I would reccommend a little WD-40 (on the edges) Perhaps the very soft spring is too weak/broken to work. Try a piece of paper to prevent total closing and try it then. This will point to binding vs spring problems. I would then consider filing lightily on the edges or latch edge, if you determine spring is OK. Just a little filing! maybe 1/64 inch should do it? If you can't fix it in 5 minutes........to the Dealer! Worth a shot! good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

It seems that the latch is not releasing completely. Once you lift it up a little, the spring opens it with no problem. The dealer offered to replace it, so I will let them.
Thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

MRBUICK said:
It seems that the latch is not releasing completely. Once you lift it up a little, the spring opens it with no problem. The dealer offered to replace it, so I will let them.
Thank you for the advice.
Good luck...but keep the file handy ;)
It sounds like a piece of plastic on steroids!

·
Registered
577 Posts

Plastic expands a little when it warms. Maybe it is binding due to heat (sun)

I have not seen the problem so a complete shot in the dark. But the file idea to nip a little off has some potential.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Cold from the garage, or hot in the sun, no change-still sticks. As the dealer has serviced my vehicles well for years, I will let them replace it as offerred. If this does not resolve it, I will try some of your ideas.
Thank you for the responses 8) 8)

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer replaced the entire dash top compartment today. That resolved the problem. The lid is now working fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glad to hear this Mr. Buick. Have you had your tranny updated?? I can tell a real difference for the better. Not perfect but better.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
buick59 said:
Glad to hear this Mr. Buick. Have you had your tranny updated?? I can tell a real difference for the better. Not perfect but better.
Yes, and I posted my comments on the "Transmission Update?" thread.
First impressions are that it seems to hunt less for the right gear, definitely an improvement.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
MRBUICK said:
Yes, and I posted my comments on the "Transmission Update?" thread.
First impressions are that it seems to hunt less for the right gear, definitely an improvement.
Glad you got it working :thumb:
Had a scary 1 second delay today, (honest!) when "flooring" it to enter traffic (from dead stop). Gotta get my tranny done!!! :rant:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts