EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for certain the impact of the strike on an Enclave already in transit? I called my dealer today and my Enclave, ordered in mid May, completed production on 14 Sep, has been shipped, and is expected to arrive at the dealer by 27 Sep. The dealer has the invoice and these dates are from the invoice. If it makes a difference the dealer is in South Carolina.

As a side note the dealer has three Enclaves in stock that he got on a swap with another dealer. My dealer said he had to take ten other cars to get the three Enclaves. Dealer is Performance Chev, Buick, GMC in Seneca SC. No affiliation, just wanted folsk looking to be aware he has some in stock.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I would like to know that also as mine was built last week and some others have gotten their's already that were built at the same time. Does anyone know anything?![/color] :confused:

Axiama would know...where is she?![/color]

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: Stoke impact on Enclave in transit

She's on the picket line!

If your car made it off the plant property by rail or truck ( depending on how far your dealer is from the plant) you should see it soon. Unfortunately mine didn't.

Fritz

·
Registered
118 Posts
Even if the vehicle is in the hands of the transport company, it may not help.

This is from a comcast.net article dated today:

Industry analysts said initially the strike would have little impact on consumers because GM has sufficient inventory stockpiled for most of its products.

But Monday afternoon, the Teamsters transportation union said its 10,000 automotive transport members would not cross UAW picket lines to deliver GM cars and trucks

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2007/09/24/771577.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if this will impact my delivery. If the Enclave is already on a truck or rail car the picket line would need to be at the rail to truck transfer point or the Teamsters would just decide to not drive even if there is no picket line to cross.

Look's like I will take a "wait and see" posture. If my Enclave is hung up by the UAW/Teamsters the I hang up on them and go foreign.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car was shipped on 09/16 and as of 09/21 was at 4800. My dealer says the strike should not matter. We sahll see.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine was finally shipped on Sept 14th and is now sitting in Port Newark in Newark NJ. I was told today that it was confirmed there and they will find out tomorrow when it will arrive at the dealership (only 30 miles away).

I really hope it will be this week. I just sold my car in prep for getting this one.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
comiccolec said:
Mine was finally shipped on Sept 14th and is now sitting in Port Newark in Newark NJ. I was told today that it was confirmed there and they will find out tomorrow when it will arrive at the dealership (only 30 miles away).

I really hope it will be this week. I just sold my car in prep for getting this one.
Man that is close. I would grab 5 gallons of gas, the sales manager and drive over there and get it yourself!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Called Buick customer service today. Gave them our order number and they determined that our Enclave was "in transit".

Then I called my dealer, and he said it should be with the carrier as they had an invoice and that it was shipped. He also mentioned that the shippers "were not UAW and should deliver your vehicle". He mentioned that on the invoice it notes that the shipper has to have it to them by October 10th or they (transit people) have to pay them interest. Seems strange that they would give them 18 days to deliver it, when we are only 300 miles from Lansing.

You know this whole thing is REAKING of BS! :angryfire: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
juglake said:
Called Buick customer service today. Gave them our order number and they determined that our Enclave was "in transit".

Then I called my dealer, and he said it should be with the carrier as they had an invoice and that it was shipped. He also mentioned that the shippers "were not UAW and should deliver your vehicle". He mentioned that on the invoice it notes that the shipper has to have it to them by October 10th or they (transit people) have to pay them interest. Seems strange that they would give them 18 days to deliver it, when we are only 300 miles from Lansing.

You know this whole thing is REAKING of BS! :angryfire: :banghead:
I read somewhere the transporters are refusing to cross the picket line. They are members of the Teamsters. [/color] ???

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh this is just getting better. :angryfire:

Now I see the Teamsters transit robots are going the way of the UAW and will not cross lines.

Ya know, I don't know about any of you out there, but I am sick of the HIGHS and lows of dealing with this GM bu##sh#t. We've always in the past shopped around and picked a car off the lot. This time we got caught up in the waiting game and got BURNED!

I need to convince the wife, whose been car less for 4 weeks now, to go shoppin. That's never a problem for the mall trips, but we need to go "to the city" and check out the competition. I love the Audi Q7......hmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Teamsters agreed not to cross the lines to deliver or pickup parts or vehicles, but if it already left the plant, they will still deliver it. Once they remove it from GM property, they are responsible for it. If it is in transit, you should see it on time.

Even with the Teamsters agreement, I was reading stories this morning about drivers crossing the lines to pick up and deliver parts. Interesting.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Acropolis said:
The Teamsters agreed not to cross the lines to deliver or pickup parts or vehicles, but if it already left the plant, they will still deliver it. Once they remove it from GM property, they are responsible for it. If it is in transit, you should see it on time.

Even with the Teamsters agreement, I was reading stories this morning about drivers crossing the lines to pick up and deliver parts. Interesting.
Saw a new car transporter with no load flying down on I-70 yesterday. Probably headed home to be parked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got "the call" from my dealer. My Enclave is here and I can pick it up tonight.

Odered on 21 May, told there could up to a 4 month plus wait, paid $1,400 under MSRP.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
russstan,
Great news, enjoy the Enclave. :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts