EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess the economy is still on a roll....wonder how long this is going to last. Perhaps now is the time to move the "high-risk" into the medium to low risk stock options. Or perhaps just let it ride.

The Dow is now less than 40 points away from its all-time closing high and only about 70 points below its intra-day high.

Both records were set in October 2007.

The S&P 500 rose nearly 0.5% and is also within striking distance of all-time highs from October 2007. The Nasdaq added 0.4%.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/investing/stocks-markets/index.html

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Who knows. The market is near an all time high but P/E ratios are still less than 2007 so one might argue the market is not over valued. But earnings suck and bond yields suck so people are now putting money back into the market with little regard for economic numbers. The economy is not on a roll but the market is. Two different things.

I am betting on a long tem correction but maybe a little more run up before that happens. I still think there is a sh*tstorm ahead due to QE but what do I know? I work for a living and don't live off investments.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ha ha....yah, compare how much it costs to fill a bag of groceries vs. 3 or 4 years ago. I don't feel so rich.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Re: Stock market on a roll

The market is on a roll ONLY becuase the fed continues to flood the economy with essentially free money. Once the fed stops pumping, the bottom is going to drop out.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Stock market on a roll

GoldEnclave said:
I wish the Fed would pump tons of money into my wallet. :-\
You and me both. Wherr the government is concerned, money only seems to flow out of my wallet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got out in June 15' for safe keeping, watching the roller coaster and then the real decline starting this month. I predict if we elect a Republican President, things should begin to bounce back in 2017.

The real big problem, is the elected "Establishment," that has been in Washington to long. We need Tea Party members!!!! Ya!! :confused: :happy: :violent: :deadhorse: :dancing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
teetertotter
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing