EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Gee, more great news. Does this fall on GM or the tire manufacturer? I would think the tire company should be held accountable to change out all the tires on current "in service" 2015 Enclaves.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading the link I posted, it is something Goodyear found during testing. Small cracks in the thread area, which they claim is non-safety.

Waiting to see if my 2015 Traverse which is also part of the stop sales is included. It does have the Goodyear tires in question.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Good luck. How do you find the ride on the Goodyear's vs. Michelin(if you have experienced them).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Goodyear tires don't seem to as good as years ago. Had them on another vehicle and went through 3 sets trying to get them right. Never did and sold the car. Won't buy a new car with them on. Dealer will have to change them or it's no deal.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cfedor said:
Good luck. How do you find the ride on the Goodyear's vs. Michelin(if you have experienced them).
Haven't had Michelin on anything other than a 2003 F150 over the last 12 years. I had put nothing other than the Michelin LTX M/S on it for ride, noise level, handling, and tire wear. Fantastic tire that only got better with the LTX M/S2.

I have read too many poor reports about the Latitude tires on the Lambdas including poor traction, ride, tread wear, and cost of replacement, that I would not consider that tire. Kind of surprised about some of the comments I have read about it here, but this is actual driver findings and opinions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting, the Latitudes on mine lasted to the warranty of 65K miles and could have went further. Replacements at the dealer were only $175 for the 19's, I didn't think that price was too bad considering how well they worked for me.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XPyrion said:
Interesting, the Latitudes on mine lasted to the warranty of 65K miles and could have went further. Replacements at the dealer were only $175 for the 19's, I didn't think that price was too bad considering how well they worked for me.
It's kind of strange how the same brand, size, and model tire can get so many different reviews, even when reviewed by owner's with the same car. I was surprised to see so many negative comments about the factory supplied Latitudes. Wasn't really expecting that.

I have heard, but don't know how true it is. Tires supplied as OEM to different manufacturers may be different than tires produced for the aftermarket replacement venues. Difference may be slight compound content, different thread, etc. Not sure if the Latitude is one of those that is different.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
ls973800 said:
It's kind of strange how the same brand, size, and model tire can get so many different reviews, even when reviewed by owner's with the same car. I was surprised to see so many negative comments about the factory supplied Latitudes. Wasn't really expecting that.

I have heard, but don't know how true it is. Tires supplied as OEM to different manufacturers may be different than tires produced for the aftermarket replacement venues. Difference may be slight compound content, different thread, etc. Not sure if the Latitude is one of those that is different.
I've read that somewhere, too; perhaps on this forum. I don't know if this is speculation or reported fact. :shrug:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know it can be true for motorcycle tires but car tires may not need the same exacting specifications. If someone still has the stock tires, we could compare sidewall numbers.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
XPyrion said:
Replacement Latitudes for $175 from an actual Buick dealer? I can only find them for around $250/ea around Indianpaolis.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The wife said the service guy was pretty shocked also. I just looked and still listed at $175. Better prices in Nebraska I guess. Woot!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
XPyrion said:
The wife said the service guy was pretty shocked also. I just looked and still listed at $175. Better prices in Nebraska I guess. Woot!
:woot: :ditto: :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacement tires will never perform as well as OE. The OE's match the heavy points on the tire and wheel at 180 degrees to each other to minimize vibration. This is not possible in a tire shop. Not even the dealership. Most people will not be able to tell the difference but the OE's want the best possible ride for the new car. You can usually see a small paint mark on the tire and the wheel sometimes has a sticker to identify where the heavy point is.
Sometimes an OE will require custom adjustments to be made to the tire for their specific vehicle but you can still get the same tire as a replacement. Just match the MSPN number.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Has anyone learned the status of the stop sales order? I am going to assume that enough time has passed to have secured and replaced the faulty tires by now.

·
Registered
401 Posts
boilermaker said:
Replacement tires will never perform as well as OE. The OE's match the heavy points on the tire and wheel at 180 degrees to each other to minimize vibration. This is not possible in a tire shop. Not even the dealership. Most people will not be able to tell the difference but the OE's want the best possible ride for the new car. You can usually see a small paint mark on the tire and the wheel sometimes has a sticker to identify where the heavy point is.
Sometimes an OE will require custom adjustments to be made to the tire for their specific vehicle but you can still get the same tire as a replacement. Just match the MSPN number.
There is a DOT on the tire that is supposed to be installed 180degs from the valve steam. This is supposed to balance the weight.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
This issue seemed to come out of nowhere, and it also skipped off to nowhere. Does anyone know how long the stop sale order lasted?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
GoldEnclave
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing