1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....for September 2007.
Ford is really struggling, down 21%.
Two months in a row, GM sales are up. :thumb:
New products that people really want is the key.
At Buick, the bleeding is almost stopped. 2007 Year-to-date sales down 24.7%, but for September, down only 5.1%. There is no place to go now but up.

***GO BUICK***

G

·
ALRIGHT GO GM, I hope toyota finds no sales in the U.S. and gets the heck out of here and back to japan where they belong, this is america, i pity anybody who drive a jap car. Like supporting the japanese when they bombed pearl harbor. Honda is the same way. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: Only out of country car i like is mercedes benz, and i know yall are going to say "well thats like supporting the holocaust" well hitler had nothing to do with mercedes benz, also the same people who made cars in japan probably were in the planes in 1941.

G

·
Rollin Thunder said:
... also the same people who made cars in japan probably were in the planes in 1941.
You really think the 85 year olds in Japan are working on the assembly line? :)

I drive a Japanese car...

G

·
Circle-D said:
I am definatley a "made in the USA" kinda guy. But now days everything seems like it gets parts from everywhere.

The Toyota Tundra is actually made in Texas. Although you could argue that the profits are made in Japan.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/22/toyota-tundra-production-begins/
yup that is exactly what i argue, that 50k you can drop on a tundra (that has bad camshafts btw) is all going to support the japanese and pay a years salary for 20 people.

im a diehard Gm guy and if i would drive fords the rest of my life if for some reason i couldnt buy Gm.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
ALRIGHT GO GM, I hope toyota finds no sales in the U.S. and gets the heck out of here and back to japan where they belong, this is america, i pity anybody who drive a jap car. Like supporting the japanese when they bombed pearl harbor. Honda is the same way. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: Only out of country car i like is mercedes benz, and i know yall are going to say "well thats like supporting the holocaust" well hitler had nothing to do with mercedes benz, also the same people who made cars in japan probably were in the planes in 1941.
I hope you never buy anything from Walmart or you may have to sell it all.

PS 80%+ of Wal-Mart commodities is made in China.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-11/29/content_395728.htm

Note the article is from 3 years ago and indicates 70%.

Just in case you do not read or open the article I will quote it.

"So far, more than 70 per cent of the commodities sold in Wal-Mart are made in China"

Careful do not buy electronics, digital cameras or TV's...you may regret it.

G

·
well all of our tvs ar Visio, which if i recall is made in california, all of the computers i bought are made by apple, also in california, my boat is a wellcraft with a Mercrusier engine, made in Wisconsin. only camera we have is a casio and i know that is not made here in america, but i didnt buy it and it is not mine, my phone now is an iphone, made by apple in california, same with my notebook. Hunter ceilings fans, Bose is the only stereo equipment we have, also made in California. Ge light bulbs. is there anything else you think i buy that might not be maid in america. most of our shopping is from a local fresh market, except for the daily stuff which is found at farm fresh. Lawn Tractor is John Deer, which was founded by some guy in illinois, with a Briggs and Stratton motor, same with our edger, blower, and buz saw.

i think i walked in to walmart once when i was 17 and bought 6 quorts of oil when the oil pan in my 99 gmc suburban got torn off when i ran over the median, other than that, i never shop there. there so dirty and full of smelly people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
well all of our tvs ar Visio, which if i recall is made in california, all of the computers i bought are made by apple, also in california, my boat is a wellcraft with a Mercrusier engine, made in Wisconsin. only camera we have is a casio and i know that is not made here in america, but i didnt buy it and it is not mine, my phone now is an iphone, made by apple in california, same with my notebook. Hunter ceilings fans, Bose is the only stereo equipment we have, also made in California. Ge light bulbs. is there anything else you think i buy that might not be maid in america. most of our shopping is from a local fresh market, except for the daily stuff which is found at farm fresh. Lawn Tractor is John Deer, which was founded by some guy in illinois, with a Briggs and Stratton motor, same with our edger, blower, and buz saw.

i think i walked in to walmart once when i was 17 and bought 6 quorts of oil when the oil pan in my 99 gmc suburban got torn off when i ran over the median, other than that, i never shop there. there so dirty and full of smelly people.
I believe the Iphone is made in Taiwan. Most Apple products are assembled in either China or Taiwan. The Apple Ipods are assembeld in China. Look at the fine print on the back of any Apple product an it says the following "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China". The following link from Business Week explains.
http://www.businessweek.com/globalb...p+news_top+news+index_businessweek+exclusives

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:

I said TV's not recording devices and check the labels just because it is an Americian company does not mean it is made in the USA. I think the Ipod example used makes the point.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, Thunder, I hate to break it to ya, but your Tommy Bahama is made in China, at least from what I could tell in a quick google search!

http://reviews.ebay.com/Fake-TOMMY-...0000013902?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:1

Check a tag...I would be curious to know that this is true!

And as much as I love ya, :love: I think your attitude is a little off kilter! There is someone on Acadia who has said the exact same kind of things and I lost a fair amount of respect after reading this kind of post. I have several relatives who fought in WWII (pacific and Europe) and I think it is very unfair to carry that kind of grudge into 2007. My Grandpa was in the pacific and has had Mazda's (OK, a tiny bit ford) and Honda's.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
yup that is exactly what i argue, that 50k you can drop on a tundra (that has bad camshafts btw) is all going to support the japanese and pay a years salary for 20 people.

im a diehard Gm guy and if i would drive fords the rest of my life if for some reason i couldnt buy Gm.
OK die hard GM guy, GM wants to sell vehicles in China and other Asian countries, Have you heard of what goes around comes around? Japan bombed us and we bombed them. Aren't we even now? Although I still do not understand how killing innocent lives could be justified regardless of the side.

We are living in 21 century, we like our iPOD, computers and all the things that the technology can bring, but we still live in dark ages. The world is living a global economy. We all depend on each other. Please Grow Up, you are holding us back.

G

·
i dont care where its made, the fact is all the money i spend goes to americas economy, notice i didn't say where they were made, thats why, and don't like my attitude, FINE, if you want to continue to support japan, Fine, but im sick and tired of all of yall's crap, every time i try to make a point.

and mama2girls+aboy!, the tommy bahama shirts i buy arent fake, there is a tommy bahama store here that only sells tommy bahama, and i can tell because the prices are SKI HIGH, i think 200 for a shirt was the last time i bought there. like 6 months ago.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
OK, go ahead and make your point, but others can have an opinion or y'alls crap as you call it, but this statement is idiotic period. Look outside your box once in a while.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
i dont care where its made, the fact is all the money i spend goes to americas economy, notice i didn't say where they were made, thats why, and don't like my attitude, FINE, if you want to continue to support japan, Fine, but im sick and tired of all of yall's crap, every time i try to make a point.

and mama2girls+aboy!, the tommy bahama shirts i buy arent fake, there is a tommy bahama store here that only sells tommy bahama, and i can tell because the prices are SKI HIGH, i think 200 for a shirt was the last time i bought there. like 6 months ago.
No problem you can think, talk and do as you please. Last I checked this is a car forum and targeted to the Enclave not a place to discuss your beliefs of the world.

Signing out of this discussion thread from the Great White North. (Canada)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have been gone all day and not had a chance to respond. You got me ALL wrong. I didn't say YOURS were fake, it was the first website I found (in a hurry) that listed where they are made. And it talked about how knock-off also come from China so be careful. It was how to spot a knock off from a real one. Not that the context matters. It was just a point to go along with how all the Apple stuff is made in the far east, as well as most of our clothing.

Let's still be friends and keep politics to ourselves. :) :)

G

·
coop said:
OK die hard GM guy, GM wants to sell vehicles in China and other Asian countries, Have you heard of what goes around comes around? Japan bombed us and we bombed them. Aren't we even now? Although I still do not understand how killing innocent lives could be justified regardless of the side.

We are living in 21 century, we like our iPOD, computers and all the things that the technology can bring, but we still live in dark ages. The world is living a global economy. We all depend on each other. Please Grow Up, you are holding us back.
thats very good, now they can support us for a change, its kinda nice to export OUR cars to some other country than IMPORT there POC cars.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i agree with thunder. but its mostly with the cars, i will buy from walmart, but ONLY american cars! and mainly GM

·
Registered
208 Posts
I guess I used to be that sort of (snob maybe? - describing me only, I don't speak for others) only driving my Japanese cars and am now this close to maybe buying an Acadia. It goes both ways. But I am sure my current Honda was probably made in Mexico so what do ya do? We are just one big happy family after all!

G

·
Mama2Girls said:
I guess I used to be that sort of (snob maybe? - describing me only, I don't speak for others) only driving my Japanese cars and am now this close to maybe buying an Acadia. It goes both ways. But I am sure my current Honda was probably made in Mexico so what do ya do? We are just one big happy family after all!
you can call me a snob, or how about "white trash with money"

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would never call you a snob! "White trash with money" - might be about right! ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts