EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Stop the spam

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  rbarrios 
#1 ·
Can an admin go in and ban the spammer and delete his post so we can find real post?

#3 ·
I just joined the Acura MDX forum and was able to post right away . My second post has a link for Rockauto on it and the administrators have yet to release my post to the forum. It would be nice if we had the same restrictions here. The forum looks the same as this one so probably run by the same peeps.
In the meantime, if you go to the spammers profile, you can ignore them so you won't see their multiple posts.

#4 ·
I don't think the Administrator on this site checks in very often. I am an Admin on another VS forum. A few months ago I offered my services to the Admin on here. I did not get a response. If these spammers are not banned they will continue to overshadow all the normal threads. If the Admin does not regularly check the threads, he will not know about spammers unless they are reported by the members. Just click the three dots at the top right of any spam post and select "Report". If the Admin looks at the site at all, the number of Reported Posts will stand out in red at the top of the page. Members can not see them.

#8 ·
If the administrators do not want to administrate, then they should let others who do. This is embarrassing.

#9 ·
You can always report the spam poster. You can click in the spam posters screenname, it will take you to their page, and you can choose to ignore that spammer user.

#11 ·
Thx. also messaged admin to start doing their job and monitoring it better. Especially that dongreen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.