EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving with my family back from a wedding in Arizona. The US Border Patrol has a few checkpoints along the drive from Arizona back to San Diego. This particular border guard (35 years old or so) was waving most vehicles through but stopped us. He asked if we were US citizens (we are), where we were going. Then he said, "What kind of car is this?". I replied, "It's a Buick."

He waved us thru and said, "Nice car." I immediately thought to myself that the only reason he stopped us was to check out the car. I think I recall a TV car commercial with a theme like this.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Bwahahahaha, if it's not a commercial, it SHOULD be! ;D

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Boarder Patrol will tend to stop large vehicles with dark windows. I usually roll down the rear window when I approach the guard so they can see in the back seats.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you were on your way to San Diego, DW, then you probably passed through Yuma. Hubby works for the BP as a mechanic and yes, I agree that you were probably stopped so he could check out the Clave. And yes also to the BP stopping any vehicle with tinted windows especially vans. You would be surprised where and how aliens are willing to be stashed in order to be smuggled into the country.

Hoping to hear this week if our dealer got an allocation for us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts