EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scared to death of the strike, I'll admit it. I had a build date of 10/8, but that's shot to heck, now. So, I'm forced to compromise with what's left on the lot.

To clarify, I'm talking about an Outlook. I would post in the Saturn forum, but it's like a ghost town over there. You guys talk much more here

Anyway, I had a 2008 XE with Preferred, Convenience, and the DVD player. In the Saturn getting the DVD adds Automatic Climate Control, and Advance audio (Bose) with rear controls

The 2 on the lot I'm looking at have Preferred and Convenience, but no DVD. One has a Sunroof, one does not. I plan to add a dealer installed DVD to either.

So, how much will I miss the Automatic Climate Control and the rear seat audio?
Is the sunroof a must?
How bad is the 6 speaker stereo?

thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with you on the Outlook forum being a ghost town!! I just got my '07 Outlook a little over a week ago. I have an XR with all options except the sunroof. I have owned sunroofs in the past, and quite frankly almost never used them. At first my wife wanted to find one with the sunroof, but after thinking about it, she agreed that we almost never use it. I don't view the lack of a sunroof an issue - I personally stopped thinking about it the day I picked mine up. I was way to excited about the new car.

With regards to the auto climate control, that is a personal preference. We lived without it for years and were fine, but this is our second car with it and I have to admit that we LOVE it. My wife is always cold and I am always hot. She never complains when we are in a car with the auto climate control since she can set her own temperature for her side of the car.

The rear seat audio controls are really nice if you have kids who want to listen to something different than you. The headphones have two channels, so you can listen to something on the stereo, one kid can listen to a DVD and the other kid can listen to a different radio station or the auxilary input through their headphones. With the rear controls, it is nice being able to let them change it themselves and to not have them complain about what you are listening to.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
One thing in your favor, there seems to be PLENTY of Outlooks on dealer lots, at least here in NJ.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
The Outlook was my second choice, first choice until I saw and drove the Enclave. Then it became a quick second choice. Do what you want of course, but if you really want an Enclave, I don't think you will be happy with the Outlook. Everything I have read implies that this will be a short strike. No one knows for sure, but unless you need it right now, I would give a week or so and see what is happening with the UAW. I don't think striking was too popular of choice and they seem to be taking it to the UAW in the press reports.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I want and will buy and Outlook. I was just looking for opinions on the various features of All 3 Lambdas, since they are very similar.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
stiffi said:
Sorry, I want and will buy and Outlook. I was just looking for opinions on the various features of All 3 Lambdas, since they are very similar.
Sorry myself, misunderstood you since this is an Enclave forum, I made an assumption that that was what you had in mind and the strike was changing it. I will stay out of it. :(

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
stiffi (if that really is your "real" name...LOL :banana: ) I wanted the outlook until my wife talked me into the Enclave. I will comment on the audio system in the Outlook as I test drove several. The standard audio system in the Outlook is a POS with NO low end bass AT ALL! I would at a minimum go with the 6-disc advanced audio as it does add additional speakers and a sub. It, however, is not the Bose setup that is in the Enclave, but is MUCH better than the standard audio.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Stiffi, I love the sunroof and use it all the time. However, if I had to choose between the sunroof or the rear audio controls I would take the rear audio controls. Do you have kids? If so, do you like listening to Hannah Montanna every freaking day? If not, get the rear audio controls and some headphones - by all means.

Enjoy your Outlook. I was about an inch away from buying one myself. :cheers:

G

·
just to let you know, i dont thing the outlook has bose, i think there is just more speakers, enless somthing has changed, but i HATE the outlook, i find it awful it shares the lambda name with the acadia and enclave, i mean the acadia and enclave have so much more style and elegance and they are NOT A SATURN.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
just to let you know, i dont thing the outlook has bose, i think there is just more speakers, enless somthing has changed, but i HATE the outlook, i find it awful it shares the lambda name with the acadia and enclave, i mean the acadia and enclave have so much more style and elegance and they are NOT A SATURN.
I also dont think the saturn even has Bose speakers as an option

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rollin Thunder said:
Wow, what a strange thing to say. I realize this is an Enclave forum, but most reasonable people would tell you the Outlook is VERY similar to the Acadia and the Enclave.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How often do you buy a new vehicle? For us it's not that often. We checked nearly every Enclave option. We have had cars with and without the automatic climate control. I would definitely get the climate control.

As for the sunroof . . . we were not going to get it, but the wife and kids tried it and they really like how in the back it really gave the Enclave more of an open feeling. Plus we were getting the 19 inch chrome wheels and if you get the chrome package the sunroof option is nearly free.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I love the OUTLOOK, too! Great styling, beautiful vehicle. It's just that I'm old and love Buick's more. Quit pickin' on Stiffi and just answer his questions! He's buying GM guys...[/color] :angel:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well, now the strike is already over, SO...I assume you'll wait now and get the vehicle you originally wanted? Now things should be back on track, give or take a day, and you don't have to compromise.

It really made everyone skittish, but overall, didn't last that long--and now things are pumping again, 2 days later.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, waiting for the order again. Thank you all for your help.

So can we get some love for ALL 3 Lambda Triplets?

I like the Enclave, Acadia and Outlook. I think the little things end up making the difference. For me it's the lack of wood trim, plus the yellow interior lights on the Outlook.

Good luck to all you Enclave owners!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
:-* :-* :thumb: :thumb: Love for the Outlook here. I, too, wanted an Outlook until my wife talked me into the Enclave. I think the Enclave is "sexier" and more upscale, but I liked the Outlook much better than the Acadia because I thought it had more "European" styling and was more upscale inside than the Acadia. Good luck with your build stiffi, did your dealer give you a build week? Our Enclave is/was scheduled to be built this week, but it may be delayed till next week....which is fine with me. I would rather the line be back up and running for a few days before they build mine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To bsox. Not sure what was indignant about anything I wrote, it wasn't meant to be.

As for the build week date for my Outlook, it's 10/8. The dealer called me today to tell me the date is still 10/8, it's as if the strike never happened.

I hope that's true. I can't imagine how even 48 hours of the production line stopped wouldn't affect things some how, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I imagine then, I should have the car somewhere around 10/25.

G

·
err, i hate the outlook, im glad that the dealers cant sell them and tehy have 50 on every lot here , im also glad that the acadia and enclave sell so hot that they cant even keep them on the lot once their delivered, GO GMC AND BUICK, saturn SUCKS.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rollin Thunder said:
err, i hate the outlook, im glad that the dealers cant sell them and tehy have 50 on every lot here , im also glad that the acadia and enclave sell so hot that they cant even keep them on the lot once their delivered, GO GMC AND BUICK, saturn SUCKS.
Brilliant post. Very big picture thinking. It's not like the failure of 1 GM product affects any of the others, right?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts