EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where the subwoofer is located? it's not in the rear. a salesman told me he thought it was under the front center console.

this would be important to anyone planning on installing any 3rd party audio equipment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
I can check my owners manual later but right now I haven't the slightest clue where it is located.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
titelines said:
does anyone know where the subwoofer is located? it's not in the rear. a salesman told me he thought it was under the front center console.

this would be important to anyone planning on installing any 3rd party audio equipment.
I SURE HOPE THAT'S NOT WHERE IT IS CAUSE THAT WOULD BECOME IRRITATING.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wouldn't worry about it being irritating. i couldn't get much bass out of the acadia enhanced audio sub.. no matter where it was located. bose is not noted for booming bass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
titelines said:
i wouldn't worry about it being irritating. i couldn't get much bass out of the acadia enhanced audio sub.. no matter where it was located. bose is not noted for booming bass.
WHAT BOSE DO YOU HAVE? EVEN THE BOSE ON MY COMPUTER IS OFF THE CHAIN W/THE BASS COMING OUT OF THAT SUBWOOFER. YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT GETTING MUCH BASS BECAUSE IT'S FACING THE BACK SEATS (IF IT'S UNDER THE CENTER CONSOLE) TURN IT UP AND SIT IN THE BACK AND SEE IF YOU GET THE SAME SOUND LOL. ;D....GOTTA HAVE MY BASS LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't have one. i'm basing my comments after many tests on the acadia sound systems... all packages including a dvd audio test. which, btw, if you get the 5.1 audio that comes with the rear entertainment, it plays dvd audio discs..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
btw.. sorry about your disability. as you can see i type without any caps.. should be same effect for you on the key board.

started doing that when i found out that bill gates does it, my old ceo did it.. theory is that it's just text... good enough for them, good enough for me. saves time. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
titelines said:
btw.. sorry about your disability. as you can see i type without any caps.. should be same effect for you on the key board.

started doing that when i found out that bill gates does it, my old ceo did it.. theory is that it's just text... good enough for them, good enough for me. saves time. :thumb:
TY SWEETIE :comfort:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
My owners manual does not seem to mention the subwoofer. I think the concensus on the Acadia forum was that it is indeed under the center console somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
zman said:
My owners manual does not seem to mention the subwoofer. I think the concensus on the Acadia forum was that it is indeed under the center console somewhere.
Yep, im pretty sure it is under/in the front center console..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
Yep, im pretty sure it is under/in the front center console..
NOT A GOOD SPOT....WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? :crazy: :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
idk the one in our suburban is in the very very back cargo area! works well back there, i guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
idk the one in our suburban is in the very very back cargo area! works well back there, i guess
THATS WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE KINDA WORTHLESS HIDDEN UNDERNEATH THE CENTER CONSOLE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I'm not an acoustics engineer or anything, but as I understand it, low bass tones are so nondirectional and permeate the listening space so well(****, they'll permeate your listening space even if you're in the car parked next door) that placement in a vehicle really makes very little difference as long as the surrounding materials are not overtly sound-deadening. I wouldn't think it would matter much where in the Enclave the subwoofer is - it should sound fine.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I'm about 99% sure our subwoofer is under the center console in the Acadia, so I'm sure that's where it is in all Lambdas. And for those that aren't getting good bass from it, you might want to have a dealer check it. This thing isn't going to rival an aftermarket 12 inch kicker, but it has a LOT of bass for a factory install. Even two notches down from the highest setting rattles and distorts the rearview mirror so bad it's almost useless in ours! It's easily twice as much bass as the lousy "premium" BOSE system in my G35 coupe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Even two notches down from the highest setting rattles and distorts the rearview mirror so bad it's almost useless in ours!
"If your mirrors ain't shakin', you've been taken!!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
tymj said:
"If your mirrors ain't shakin', you've been taken!!"
:dancing: :woot: :woot: :dancing: :banana: :hyper: :clap2: :clap:
:ditto: SOUNDS LIKE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PARTTTTTTTTTTTY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
I've had Bose for quite a few years in different vehicles, and I've never been disapointed. If my sound isn't right, take the vehicle back!!!!! I love my Bose. :blob:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
rocketman said:
I've had Bose for quite a few years in different vehicles, and I've never been disapointed. If my sound isn't right, take the vehicle back!!!!! I love my Bose. :blob:
YES, AND USUALLY IT ROCKS FROM THE BACK....NEVER HEARD OF IT COMING FROM THE CENTER CONSOLE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I have the Bose system in my '03 Suburban and I am quite pleased with it. It doesn't bump as hard as the custom boom setup I had in my car back in the 90's, but my aging eardrums can't handle that kind of bass anymore! :eek:hno:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top