EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone's sunroof not completely fit flush on the front edges? I have noticed I can push down and it fits flush, but it doesn't stay. Haven't had any leaks, just curious if this is how it is supposed to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ccaats said:
Does everyone's sunroof not completely fit flush on the front edges? I have noticed I can push down and it fits flush, but it doesn't stay. Haven't had any leaks, just curious if this is how it is supposed to be.

Ccaats, I haven't looked from the top, but while I was sitting in my car one day, fiddling with everything, it didn't feel "right". I drove it in the rain all day last week and no leaks. Let me know what you think of it as you investigate more...as I know you will.[/color]

·
Registered
743 Posts
ccaats said:
ccaats, I believe it should be Flush all the way around. Mine is perfectly Flush and every Car that I've owned with Sunroof was the same way. Take it back and let the Dealer take care of it. Good luck Buddy and take care.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello,
Mine fit's flush I know because I was up there waxing to roof last week but I did notice you can push it down a little with pressure, I've never had a suroof do that before but it also doesn't leak..... so maybe that is just a the mechanical design of the latch mechanism..... but looking at your picture mine fits better than that ..... take it back to the dealer and see what they have to say.
Rob

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume the latch mechanism just needs to be adjusted slightly. I will have them look at it when I get first oil change. At least it doesn't leak, and I can't tell any wind noise caused by it. I agree that I think it should fit flush, because mine does on my car.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
ccaats said:
I assume the latch mechanism just needs to be adjusted slightly. I will have them look at it when I get first oil change. At least it doesn't leak, and I can't tell any wind noise caused by it. I agree that I think it should fit flush, because mine does on my car.
Mine does fit flush all around unlike your pic. That can't be right. I am getting a wind deflector installed next week to cut down on noise when opened, but I can definitely say mine fits much tighter than yours does. I don't know how easy of fix this would be, there really isn't a latch up there is there since it either just opens or pivots from the front when tilted. Maybe more of a tract problem? Good luck with it. I will be anxious to know how it turns out.

G

·
which one is that, i cant really tell from the pic, i checked ours and their tight and flush, i checked our others and they are tight and flush too, so i would have that looked at.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
bsox, does the wind deflector help when the sunroof is open all the way, or when it is just tilted open? Not sure it I need one of those or not...[/color] ???

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
bsox, does the wind deflector help when the sunroof is open all the way, or when it is just tilted open? Not sure it I need one of those or not...[/color] ???
It helps quite a bit with the sunroof fully open and maybe some with the tilt. It doesn't change the look much as it sits up between the roof rails. I like it as I use the sunroof more with it. I like the sunroof just for the light and space it gives, but the noise did bother me when open. It is put on with double back tape so no screws or anything which I would not have liked done even tho the dealer did it for me. I don't really know how to post pics yet, but maybe I can try this weekend to get something up.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
which one is that, i cant really tell from the pic, i checked ours and their tight and flush, i checked our others and they are tight and flush too, so i would have that looked at.
It is the front one. It seems to close "tighter" some times than others, so maybe it is just an "adjustment" issue with the brackets or something.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Rosita, I finally mastered some pics of the wind deflector and put them in my gallery if you want to look. Hope they help

·
Registered
25 Posts
ccaats said:
It is the front one. It seems to close "tighter" some times than others, so maybe it is just an "adjustment" issue with the brackets or something.
Check my sunroof on Saturday and it fits nice and flush. I'd definitely go back to the dealer to see what's happening. Like you said, it's probably an adjustment issue.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Ccaats,

Did you get it in yet and if so, what did they find??

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't seem to pry the Enclave away from my wife to bring it in. :banghead: :banghead:

It seems to be fitting more flush now, and it isn't leaking, so it isn't a rush priority. I did let me dealer know I wanted to bring it in sometime for them to look at that and the exhaust tip residue issue, but it might be a few weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts