EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject says it all. For those of you who have roof rails, no deflector and sunroof open, how noisy is it?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
You'll notice less noise from the open sunroof than from the AC on its highest setting. I would guess that an open drivers side window produces more noise than the sunroof also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had mine open on the highway - slight wind noise - but I would say you really don't need a deflector. I had one on my VUE and it seem like it made more noise with it than without it.
:thumb:
The rear passanger one has no noise when open! LOL - :drunk: ;D

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Actually it is pretty amazing, I have not seeing an open sunroof as much muted as in the Enclave. I think the wind deflector cause more noise since it "deflects".

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I am quite happy with our sunroof without any wind deflector. It has significantly less buffeting that our 03 Expedition had.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's great to know. I have a terrible wind noise on my other car. So much that I have to put the volume up, and I already have a deflector installed on it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
But I think deflector causes more noise. It prevents wind from blowing in the cabin at the cost of noise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is exactly the info I was looking for.

This is great news as I typically dislike the deflectors as they often obstruct some of the view through the sunroof.

Thank you for your responses!

·
Registered
743 Posts
As I have stated before, the Enclave have a built in Deflector at the very front of the opening. It keeps wind from blowing into the cabin and cuts down on the noise. I don't have the Enclave yet :banghead: but I have an STS with a similar Sunroof and at 80 MPH I can talk in a normal voice with it open.
Open the Sunroof and you should be able to push the Deflector down. It's spring loaded and should pop back up when you remove your hand. 8)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
My Pathfinder has something similar, but I ended up getting a plastic one as well, which I think creates more noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts