EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Okay - how many of you have or will have a sunroof? Also, is there anyone who didn't get a sunroof

• Sunroof

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Sunroof

• Don't have one wish I did

• Have one wish I didn't

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's help out Baeballmom94.......maybe having a poll based on others experiences and opinions will help her to decide.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
My first sunroof ever, and VERY GLAD I have it. :thumb:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be mine, too! :thumb: Can't believe I started a poll - but it seemed needed, it wiill be interesting to see the votes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm sure this is a function of geography too. I live in Florida and I get PLENTY of sun as it is, so I don't need it coming through the ceiling too. Frankly, it's just another mechanism to fail and another entry port to leak. Plus, extra UV light will just age things quicker. Plus, being in Florida, it's typically far to hot to be wanting outside air in. When looking for an Enclave, when dealers want to try to sell me one on the lot, I just tell them we won't take one with a Sunroof, even if they comped it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I like a sunroof but the wife doesn't. It's her vehicle so she got to decide.

·
Registered
612 Posts
So glad I don't have a sunroof (on order). We performed measurements about a month ago. The screen on the Sunroof version of the DVD player hangs down 2 inches lower than the non sunroof. That is highly significant to me since on my test drive of a sunroof the screen blocked the rear window by 50% vertically.

The sunlight makes it harder to watch DVD's (the shade keeps out some, not all light).

Stories on this forum about people getting "blown down on" during a car wash blow-dry don't sound like much fun either.

Seems the assembly line is forgetting to hook up the drain line for rain water in a significant number of these.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I didn't want the sunroof and ordered it without. I had two cars previously that had them and I never opened them once. I try to keep the sun out of my kid's eyes for the most part. I'm really happy with the tinted windows for that reason.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Our car is due to be built this week. We ordered without sunroof because in July and part of August we have temps in excess of 115 here in the Arizona desert. Didn't want that extra heat beating down. Plus, thought as the Enclave was made to deter sound, why detract with a sunroof. Just our thought.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Didn't get the sunroof as I have never been a fan of them. I also don't want the sun in my kids eyes, so the middle row skylight wasn't on the menu.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
the middle skylight has a retractable shade and when closed blocks the light. I have the sunroof and it doesn't add any noise....looks great IMO.

·
Registered
758 Posts
We didn't order the sunroof because we generally didn't use ours in the previous SUV, but we generally like sunroofs.

I thought the positioning of the front roof made it not very accessible to the front passengers. I like the rear skylight, but we also wanted to save some money. I would encourage getting a sunroof if you get the Ebony interior since it does look a bit somber and dark in ours. We like the formal look, though.

Now we like the idea of darker roof when watching the DVD which is a big draw for my kids. The DVD screen comes down lower in sunroof equipped Enclaves.

Also, mechanical problems with sunroofs are common in our experience as well as the annoyance of wind noise.

We wouldn't order a car without a sunroof, unless it detracts from headroom too much. My next one will likely be a convertible if its a sports car.

TM

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yumawench69 said:
Our car is due to be built this week. We ordered without sunroof because in July and part of August we have temps in excess of 115 here in the Arizona desert. Didn't want that extra heat beating down. Plus, thought as the Enclave was made to deter sound, why detract with a sunroof. Just our thought.
Only 115? I guess that is correct, as Yuma is a little cooler than us up river in the summer. :D
We have a CBM with sunroof and I have not noticed any difference in inside temps than I did with my white sunroofless sp? Pacifica.
Has MythBusters ever tracked inside vehicle temperatures between various exterior and interior colors? Might be interesting. I was going to do it with my Enclave and white truck, but never got around to it.

Wayne

·
Registered
65 Posts
My wife really wanted the sunroof and skylight, I think that is what she liked the most.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had a sunroof / moonroof in every car I've owned since graduating from college 15 years ago. After the first one, I couldn't imagine not having another--- it's a requirement for me. I haven't been able to use this one yet, due to the weather, but am looking forward to "cranking" it open once warmer temps arrive.

BTW, no issues with glare on the DVD or carwash wind blowing in.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Being 6'5" tall most of that in my torso the sunroof just takes up too much headroom.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Got the sunroof because we wanted the chrome p[ackage and the sunroof was virtually "free" with the combo. Had one on Pilot the enclave replaced and opened very rarely. I am a llittle conerned about a weak spot for leaks :-\

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I've never had a sunroof, but have one now. Not sure how much I really like it yet. I look forward to driving with it open in the summer, but as hot as it gets here, I hope I made the right choice as we are a mile high and the sun really beats down on us in July. One thing I don't like is it's always dirty with spots, dirt, leaves. Yuck! I DO love the brightness they add to the cabin, tho!! [/color] :sunny:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I am a big fan of sunroofs. Every new car I have purchased except for the first (1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24) came with a sunroof. I even put one in the Cavalier. I like the added light and I use the vent quite regularly. I'm 6' and never had a problem with headroom but they are all American brands. Two Chevys, 1 Dodge, one Chrysler, one Ford, one GMC and one Buick (Enclave). Never had any issue with leaking or failure and I usually go well over 100K (206 on my last Tahoe) before getting rid of them and they all worked fine right up until I got rid of them. I'm also not in the south so I only get short hot summers so I can't comment on sunroofs making it warmer inside.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Went to the drive-in movies tonight to see Horton Heard a Who! Had the sunroof open, temp was 74, kids are happy. Listen to the sound on my 10 speaker bose. Nice!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts