EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in San Antonio, obviously we have the south Texas heat. Getting ready to order a Enclave. Just not sure if we want the 2 sunroofs. I would not even consider it but we can get it for only about $300 dollars with the CA,FL and TX chrome package Buick is offering. Just looking for some comments on people driving the Enclave if they have noticed extra heat with the sunroof.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Its been pretty darn hot for Los Angeles the past several weeks (maybe not texas hot, but hot)..We have the sunroofs and Ebony interior and we have not had any extraordinary heat issues...I mean, the car is as hot as our Jeep is when we get in (we park outside), but nothing crazy. We keep the shades closed when we are not in it....The sunroofs add a feeling of openess to the car that I would very much miss (the kids too)......Good luck with your decision (BTW- if you are getting DVD you might want to check out some prior posts about positioning and sunroofs - not sure as got Opt 3 without DVD, but I recall people saying there is different positioning depending on whether you have sunroofs - not sure though!)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not a huge difference. Just enough light gets through the mesh that I sometimes notice and think "hey, there's light coming in." I've never actually felt heat on my head, and my swag is that while sitting in the parking lot the sunroof might allow the vehicle to reach steady state (HOT!) temperature a few minutes quicker, but probably doesn't increase the maximum temp the interior will get. While driving, I think the extra load on the AC is negligible.

·
Registered
214 Posts
We live in one of the hottest areas in the States (check any climate stat website for ZIP 86440) and have a Carbon Black Enclave with sunroofs. We traded in a white Pacific with no sunroof and we have not noticed any change in inside temps after parking outside. Both are hot, but the Enclave's A/C seems to cool pretty quickly. Of course, we have very low humidity which might make some difference. Our interior is Titanium which is similiar to what the trade-in was.
We have added 20% front side window tint and accordian windshield shades which we also had in the Chrysler.
Lucky you with the Chrome discount. My back property line is the CA border and I didn't qualify. :angryfire:

Wayne

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You to everyone so far for the INFO based on your information looks like we will order with the Sunroof.

Off topic but my wife and I was in San Antonio today and went by the Buick Dealership. They had over 20 Enclaves in the back of the lot. None for sale but here for the Valero Open Golf Tournament. Was nice to see most of the different colors together. Looks like we will order Red Jewel or White Diamond.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just picked up my Red Jewel w/ sunroof Tuesday and the sunroof is worth it. I live in Nebraska and it plenty hot here and I dont think it will be an issue.

·
Registered
317 Posts
tstew737 said:
We live in San Antonio, obviously we have the south Texas heat. Getting ready to order a Enclave. Just not sure if we want the 2 sunroofs. I would not even consider it but we can get it for only about $300 dollars with the CA,FL and TX chrome package Buick is offering. Just looking for some comments on people driving the Enclave if they have noticed extra heat with the sunroof.
tstew737,
FWIW we originally placed an order for a loaded CXL FWD without sunroofs -- I didn't want to spend the extra $$ (we couldn't take advantage of the Chrome package -- in my mind, with the package discount, it's really a no-brainer -- get the sunroofs -- but I digress). However, our order was sitting at 1100 and so I kept looking on the Buick locator for something similar. Although I wanted Platinum, we found Blue Gold Crystal FWD w/Ebony (the ebony was a must for us) but it had the sunroofs. Because we didn't want to wait and take a chance of not getting on Enclave until later in 2007 (or maybe early 2008 the way things weren't moving), we decided to simply pony up and get the one with sunroofs.

I can honestly say that I really like the sunroofs -- the screens do a nice job -- and my teen daughters just LOVE the extra light from the fixed "skylight." I've also been told that for resale purposes, once you get a loaded Enclave, you will actually diminish the value of it if you don't have the sunroofs because most folks will want that option.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love my Enclave.... traded a lemon (SRX with HUGE sunroof - that had lots of problems) and all I can say is I wish the front opening was larger and that there was a deflector to cut down wind noise... apparently these "extras" won't be available for at least SIX MONTHS!
Didn't want black interior as I too live in a HOT climate (interior B.C.) and winter in Arizona but seats have not been a problem - other than black shows every bit of dirt!
LOVE this vehicle!
Finally had to let hubby drive it yesterday for first time as he couldn't fit his things into his BMW.... he was SO impressed with my car.
Sorry bud - hands off!
This one is MINE!
[/color]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts