EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was 70 today so i figured it was warm enough to wash cars, yall all gunna kill me but i took the enclave through a car wash but for two reasons 1. it was a complete touchless, i mean it just sprayes water, like i would at home plus it had rainx which i have never tried and here is awsome, and 2 because im jsut darn lazy to wash today. any way, while going through the dry when the big fans were over the front sun roof, it all BLEW IN TO THE ENCLAVE, no water but at just the right angle it blew all the air into the cabin. Yes it was shut, no it did not leak water, but a buch of air just blew in from the back of the sunroof like it was in vent mode, is this normal and it happend because it was a strong wind at an odd angle, or should i take it in to the dealer to have them look at it. give me your thoughts and let me know if this has happend to you.

THANKS

RT+BB

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: sunroof question

Funny you should bring that up. I stressed about it but decided to go for it today and took it through the car wash. It made me nervous but came out fine. I did not experience anything like air coming through. This is probably a dumb question but are you sure you had the roof shut ALL the way tight? I would think if you didn't, you would have had water coming in also. Maybe it was the way the blowers were pointed at the car at just the right angle that it came in, but that doesn't seem right to me. I guess if no water came in it would be okay, but maybe you should try it again and see if it happens again and if so, see if you can tell exactly where it's coming in and then have it looked at.

Or, perhaps it was just all that hot air from the driver!! :angel:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

it only happend on the front sunroof and it came in through the back middle, it sounded like i was moving at 60mpg with the windows down but i could feel the cold air moving, yes it was closed i got out and checked because the last thing we need is s wrecked interior.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

waitingsince 8-10 said:
Or, perhaps it was just all that hot air from the driver!! :angel:

SHHHSH but i let my girl friend drive it for the first time, but daddy does not know ;D

·
Registered
80 Posts

I drove mine through a carwash this weekend as well, since it gets too cold here in Michigan to wash cars by hand. I experienced the same thing. Under the blowers something in the sunroof deffinately opened up, as a loud burst of air came in the cabin. Didnt really feel it but I heard it. No water came in. I looked the car and sunnroof over and didnt see any issues. I thought maybe a weather strip blew off or soemthing, but it was still quite and sealed after I got past the blowers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yea i looked afterwards this morning and it looks sealed, and driving it was still nice and quiet, but i wonder why it does that, your right i guess i just heard it. because now that i think of it, i really didnt feel much, the shade was open. :confused:

·
Registered
344 Posts

well that's kinda scary!! Like I said I didn't notice anything loud happen while I was going through the wash, I was just all tense while the spinners were whipping away at the sides. :confused: It came out unscathed, though. whew!

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this strange enclave phenomenon. hmmm. ???
Thunder, maybe you should re-title this thread to something like "sunroof and drive through car washes" ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

waitingsince 8-10 said:
well that's kinda scary!! Like I said I didn't notice anything loud happen while I was going through the wash, I was just all tense while the spinners were whipping away at the sides. :confused: It came out unscathed, though. whew!

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this strange enclave phenomenon. hmmm. ???
Thunder, maybe you should re-title this thread to something like "sunroof and drive through car washes" ??

theres a difference, i used a completly touch free car wash, only water hit the enclave, never and i mean never use a car wash with the rubber brushed, they will scratch it up so fast it is not even funny. btw i changed the name.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The car was washed by hand after I brought it home. Shortly after that we went on mandatory water restrictions with the drought, so washing the car by hand was not a realistic option. Waited and waited until I couldn't stand it anymore and took it to a touchless car wash. As the air was blowing over the car I also heard a very loud noise and wondered what in the heck it was. I wasn't certain which sunroof made the noise and suspected maybe it was the larger sunroof, 1) because of size and 2) because I have never heard that noise with any other sunroof I've had, so the second row sunroof is new to me. Either way it got my attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ours was definatly the first one, it really could not be the second one because thats shut tight because it deos not open.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Okay are these touchless car washes the ones that you see at the Quik Stops? Do they really get the car clean? ??? ??? I don't know how they could possibly do a good clean with just spraying water. If they work then I'm thrilled! I'll start using those instead. I've always done the drive throughs, I have never had any scratches of any kind in all the 8 years with my Toyota. But if the touchless ones do a good job then I'll definitely switch. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this was a drive through, most if not all of the gas stations have gone to automatic touchless, and it sprays at a very high pressure and gets it SUPER clean.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i dont think there are any NON-touchless around here anymore.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do either of you have pinstriping on any of your cars? I wonder if the touchless very high pressure washes will chip pinstriping away? I'm thinking of getting her pinstriped but probably not until next summer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rollin Thunder + Black Bandit said:
no. i think pin striping detracts from the beauty of any car.
maybe true for some jobs, it has to be tastefully done to where it doesn't pop out at you, more subtle, and you have to use colors that complement the vehicle paint, not too much contrast. We have an artist here locally who pinstriped our last 2 vehicles, and turned out excellent. Show car quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im just not in to pin striping, on any car, i like the sleek look. although i think that if done right, like by your automobile artist, it would look cool. the best colors to pin stripe would be gold mist or cocca.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts