EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was any wind noise when the sunroof is open, and what would the benifits of having the black visor thing installed?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
I was wondering if there was any wind noise when the sunroof is open, and what would the benifits of having the black visor thing installed?
of course there is wind noise when you open the sunroof and the visor should limit it some.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I've actually been very pleasantly surprised by how low the level of buffeting has been. Our Expedition was much worse.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
is that w/or w/o the sunroof visor?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Sorry - without any type of shield or visor.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
oh thats really cool :blob:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks! We havent had a car with a sunroof since before i was born, sooo i didnt know

·
Registered
124 Posts
I find the sunroof noisier than on other vehicles I have owned.

·
Registered
124 Posts
yes, no defletors on any of them.

It is dead quiet closed. ;D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ItsaBuick? said:
yes, no defletors on any of them.

It is dead quiet closed. ;D
WHEN MY SUNROOF ON THE VOLVO IS OPEN I CANT HEAR MYSELF THINK....I AM GETTING THE DEFLECTORS ON MY ENCLAVE NOT ONLY FOR HELP W/WIND NOISE BUT IT ALSO HELPS W/SUN ALSO...

·
Registered
124 Posts
there is a mesh shade for the sun. Even if the sunroof is open.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
YA KNOW I REALLY LIKE THAT MESH SHADE... I WAS SO SURPRISED BY THE WAY IT BLOCKS OUT THE SUN ESPECIALLY IN THE BACK SEAT. THAT WAS AWESOME. WONDER HOW MUCH IT COST TO HAVE THOSE REPLACED, YA KNOW, IN CASE SOMEONE ACCIDENTALLY HAS AN ACCIDENT AND IT SHOULD GET RIPPED... THEY SEEMED REALLY STURDY THO.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ItsaBuick? Every Enclave I've seen has a Deflector on it. It pops up when the Sunroof is open and folds down whem it's closed. It makes a big difference in that it cuts down on the noise and also the turbulence inside the Vehicle. When buying a Vehicle with Sunroof, one of the first thing I check is to see if it has a deflector. I have an STS with Sunroof and at 80 MPH with Sunroof open, it's not too loud nor is there very much wind inside the car. I didn't know if you meant the exterior Visor or the one like I just described. Anyway, I love Sunroofs summer and winter, mostly in the pop-up position.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I meant the additional plastic deflectors. Don't have it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ItsaBuick? said:
I meant the additional plastic deflectors. Don't have it.
the visor that you purchase separately, right? if so it sounds like rocketman is saying that it comes w/one that pops up when open and folds down when closed. if that is so, its great, i may not need to purchase the outside sunroof visor.... ty rocketman for the info.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think it is noisy in is standard form compared to others I have owned. It is probably due to the shape of the car.

you might want the deflector.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ItsaBuick? said:
I think it is noisy in is standard form compared to others I have owned. It is probably due to the shape of the car.

you might want the deflector.
itsabuick, do you think it could be that the car is just extremely quiet and therefore making the noise from the sunroof more noticeable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
maybe. I'm comparing to a 93 Camry V6, 90 BMW 750IL, 04 Mazda RX8.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The Deflector that I was talking about is standard with the Enclave Sunroof. With the Sunroof open, look on top at the front opening. There's a deflector sticking up slightly above the opening. When you close the Sunroof, the Deflector will fold down and the glass closes over it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts