EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had our Enclave at the dealer to try and fix a rattle in the front sunroof shade. When the shade is open, there's a little too much play between the shade and the track. Any significant bump (or even slamming the doors) causes a rattle. The best they could come up with was a small piece of foam to try and hold the shade in place when it's open (it's better, but not totally gone), and have referred it to GM. Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions that worked?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doesn't the front sunroof panel have a sliding door that closes, fully sealing off the roof? Just asking, as I am thinking of adding the sunroof to my order. I thought the shade was just on the 2nd row sunroof? :-\

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
jnebra said:
Doesn't the front sunroof panel have a sliding door that closes, fully sealing off the roof? Just asking, as I am thinking of adding the sunroof to my order. I thought the shade was just on the 2nd row sunroof? :-\
The sunroof and the shade are separate. The shade over the back fixed glass is power operated and that roof does not open. The front shade is manual while the sunroof opens.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the front sunroof opens and has a manual shade, too. Can you seal up the front sunroof completely, or is there always some light coming in through the manual shade with the glass shut. In other words can you seal out all light from the front sunroof? Thanks for your info! 8)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Both the front and rear shades are perforated and allow some light in.

·
Registered
413 Posts
jnebra said:
So the front sunroof opens and has a manual shade, too. Can you seal up the front sunroof completely, or is there always some light coming in through the manual shade with the glass shut. In other words can you seal out all light from the front sunroof? Thanks for your info! 8)
The sunshade does not completely seal off all light. IMHO the small amount of light that does come through is no big deal. The shade is a black mesh material unlike the solid material that usually matches the head liner in most cars. The reason for this type of shade is the close proximity of the front and rear sun roofs; a solid material type of shade would not have enough room to slide back without interfering with the second skylight. The mesh shade rolls up when retracted.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Both Sunshades work similar to a Home Window Shade except the Rear Shade is Powered. 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks. It seems a little odd that the front sunroof lets some sunlight in (why not make it a solid shade?), but it makes complete sense that both shades are retractable. Excellent responses that are very helpful. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts