EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
so the supercharger would be for a 2008... no DI.
What about the DI owners who are interested?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's a good question... :eek:
I know that when dealing with DI, it's anoher whole game.
I can and will inquire and see what if any other challenges are there.
Have you researched it at all?
When it comes to the fitment and machining of the intake for the eaton unit, there will be diferences there.
Programing wise, definatley diferent...You could be the first DI application :cheers:
This could work out well long term, then there would be options for those with and without.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
tranjo,

What I’m saying is when you’re the “new kid” (regardless of degrees, qualifications, years of hand-on experience with in-depth/high-level/top-secret propulsion system designs), you have to bear in mind there’s generally a certain level to which we adhere for forum etiquette. Some tightly, some loosely, and others stick to the middle of the road.

Hence, the responses you received to your, ‘how many people want to drink this awesome cool-aid? . . . it’ll be great!’, first post. That’s a typical response, due to the human condition, for an initial post of the nature you presented.

I’ve speculated that despite your good intentions, most people are wary (or, at least roll their eyes) of a post that’s heavily laden with BIG $$$$$$$ when offering supercharger technology for a vehicle of this nature; especially in regards to the mainstream average age of owners on the Enclave forum.

With that said, it’s not a crime to be highly over-zealous; but, the ‘deluge release method’ for information of this type can drown a captive audience faster than they can open their floatation devices.

My .03 (sorry, inflation)

. . Falcon

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
tranjo,

As a side query, do you get down to the States very often, or just work from the Ontario area?

. . Falcon

·
Registered
556 Posts
tranjo - I wouldn't be interested in the supercharger only because it has adequate powr for my needs (and I have other fun cars), B U T your mention of the modified exhaust system has me interested. Many here complain about low mpg. These Enclaves have absolutely NO exhaust note! They are so quiet it leads me t believe the exhaust is quite restrictive - but not being into all the flow characteristics of an engine I may be wrong. Perhaps this is part of the quiet tuning, but even my wife says the E sounds like a hair dryer!! Is a more free flowing exhaust available? I haven't found anything yet but think a less restrictive exhaust would help and be mandatory for the supercharger. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Falcon...
I am in the states........New England
Sorry, still a newbiew, so mybe my profile is not correct

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
im personnaly not interested in something like this---
But I mentioned the DI- because the DI has 2 fuel pumps. 1 in the tank- and 1 right by the engine- that is driven by the camshaft.
The one by the engine is the one that raised the PSI to about 1500 or some really high numbers...

so now you also have to reprogramm the injectors operation? more to think about...
Im also very conten with the MPG I get. so no MPG issues from me.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
tranjo said:
Well I can tell you that to my knowledge there is no so called off the shelf kit for our trannies.
So when I quoted stage II kit, it's really just to catch the eyes of those who were familliar with the older box type hydraulic upgrades.
I had my tranny shop play around with the TCM programming during routine maintenance and my cooler install etc. There are so many adjustments in there, as far as pressures, timing etc.
I was just not happy with the tranny performance..Even in manual mode, just seemed like it could be much better.
I know the intention is maximum fuel economy, longjevity/reliability, and comfort///(Not sport) :eek:hno:
There is also an option to have diferent clutch packs installed, but would be something to consider if you were having your unit rebuilt etc.
You should reach out to your mechanic/local tranny shop for a quote etc. :beer:
I can also tell you that we had to play around with it a few times till everything seemed good. Guys I goto are very experienced in this area...
So my comfort level was ok...
This is a must upgrade in my book!!!!!!!!
I am going to have level 10 work on mine soon if the gm can't right the ship
http://www.levelten.com/
IMHO they are the best in the biz anywhere

·
Registered
273 Posts
Interested in what you used for the sway bar and end links?
How did you run your strut supports in front while planning for the SC?

From what I have read, the trans has an insane amount of controllable variables. There is no doubt you could make it better IMO.

I really hope that it works out well for you but I have a lot of concern for this drivetrain. You have to remember that this is a transverse set-up pulling over 5k #. Adding extra hp (although I would be very happy with it) could be very stressful especially at low rpms. This is why I actually think a turbo set-up (twin GT35Rs anyone) may be a better move (although they are much more of a hassle installing).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
My 2 cents guys is this FWIW and I strongly agree with the points raised by madhunter: if you really feel the need to supercharge or turbo your Clave...you bought the WRONG vehicle :facepalm: Trade it in for a Porsche Cayanne and call it a day ;)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
for the amount you will spend on a loaded cxl-2 awd and then add the costs as proposed inluding all the items you would need to upgrade not mentioned in the cost figures you called just about get to the Cayenne or easily get into the FX-50 or the Grand Cherokee SRT8

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sciond, the point you are missing is what madhunter attempted to point out is that those vehicles are DESIGNED for that type of power and can handle the stresses placed on the tranny. The Clave is not and all the mods in the world won't get you where you want to be with a Clave. I'd be willing to wager that if you do your mods to your Clave, your reliability will be in the toilet and that you'll bite off more than you can chew! You raised a great point though in that you have other options besides a Porsche...buy a Jeep SRT8 or an Infinity FX50...they are great choices too and built to give you what you so desperately seek :blob:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
cableguy said:
My 2 cents guys is this FWIW and I strongly agree with the points raised by madhunter: if you really feel the need to supercharge or turbo your Clave...you bought the WRONG vehicle :facepalm: Trade it in for a Porsche Cayanne and call it a day ;)
Geezus!

Thank You, for SOMEONE finally saying what I've been thinking since the inception of this thread. ;)

I mean, I'm all for tweaking things. In one of my college's, my motto was 'ANYTHING can be modded!' But, as wisdom later intertwined with my intelligence, I learned that just because you 'could', didn't always mean that you 'should'.

Now, if you're looking to retool your Enclave's powerplant to use a hydrogen conversion system using fresh water. . .THAT's a different story. :D

Plus, with an end user price of $4/gal for a refined fossil fuel, burning off a set of tires doesn't sound as nearly inviting as when gasoline was only .53/gallon; and all my big muscle cars used a LOT of fuel way back then.

. . Falcon

·
Registered
303 Posts
Personally, I'm for having something a little different than stock/ordinary vehicles. Imagine how cool it would be to come up to a Mustang GT...you rev your E...mustang guy giggles a little...you rev it again showing you mean business...he stares at his young girlfriend with a look of "watch this"....then the E...the family truckster...the sleeper burns the mullett right off the back of his head...all while your 3 year old is watching "Dora the Explorer" in the back seat :dancing:

I think it's fun to modify something that someone would not expect to be fast...would I do it with the E...HECK NO...but that doesn't mean I don't think it would be trick to see one! :veryhappy:

·
Registered
303 Posts
As a sidenote...I would never race with a 3-year old in car...that line was mentioned only to give more re-enforcement to the E being a family vehicle :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ditto on Blue Oval's comment. Modify the E all you want and the Mustang GT will still beat it hands down.

Besides, the drivetrain for the E wouldn't survive with the HP it would need to accelerate as fast as a modern muscle car.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
cableguy said:
Sciond, the point you are missing is what madhunter attempted to point out is that those vehicles are DESIGNED for that type of power and can handle the stresses placed on the tranny. The Clave is not and all the mods in the world won't get you where you want to be with a Clave. I'd be willing to wager that if you do your mods to your Clave, your reliability will be in the toilet and that you'll bite off more than you can chew! You raised a great point though in that you have other options besides a Porsche...buy a Jeep SRT8 or an Infinity FX50...they are great choices too and built to give you what you so desperately seek :blob:
nope the point was not missed I was just stating the point a bit further
now I could build the Enclave to those levels if I wanted to but it is a terrible waste of resources..trust I have been down that road with many projects

·
Registered
273 Posts
Level 10 doesn't list the 6T75 as one of their transmissions to rebuild. Max tq rating is 300lb/ft. I reiterate that modifying one of thesese for a G6 may be OK but the load for moving this beast is much higher. I would suggest if you have this donw to not go much bigger than stock tires to keep your tires as the limiting factor. There are a lot more components than just the trans (diff's, shafts) that may need strengthening.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts