EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were all set to order our WDT w/ebony interior Enclave after all of the help from reading this forum. OOOOOHHHHH so excited! A good friend of ours qualifies for the GM Supplier pricing and was going to go through their 'Friends and Family Supplier Pricing' to get us an auth. code. I found my car exactly like we want on a lot that just came in and was all excited, went down drove the car for a 2 hour test drive, and put down a deposit. Our friend went online to try to get the code for us now. Turns out that until he purchases his GM (which he isn't doing until Summer) he cannot get a code for a friend. I'm so bummed! I was wondering if anyone in this great Enclave family has any ideas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an idea. Buy the Enclave now before some else does! I've been waiting for over 8 weeks for my WDT/Ebony Enclave to arrive and would jump on an opportunity to own one now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
24fan24-7.....

When did you place your order? Did you get a build date yet? We ordered our WDT CX AWD on 2/23 and were trying to figure out how long the wait will really be. We figured 8 weeks since it was near the endof the 2008 run, especially for the WDT.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
mmrekos said:
We were all set to order our WDT w/ebony interior Enclave after all of the help from reading this forum. OOOOOHHHHH so excited! A good friend of ours qualifies for the GM Supplier pricing and was going to go through their 'Friends and Family Supplier Pricing' to get us an auth. code. I found my car exactly like we want on a lot that just came in and was all excited, went down drove the car for a 2 hour test drive, and put down a deposit. Our friend went online to try to get the code for us now. Turns out that until he purchases his GM (which he isn't doing until Summer) he cannot get a code for a friend. I'm so bummed! I was wondering if anyone in this great Enclave family has any ideas?
Don't take this the wrong way but I think your friend is confused or not being truthful. Read the FAQ here:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/virtual/pages/html/ff_faq.html#q27

It says:

How many authorization numbers can I get for the GM Supplier Discount for Friends program?
Eligible LTI executives can request ten (10) GM Supplier Discount for Friends authorization numbers per month. Eligible M-band executives and retired executives can request five (5) GM Supplier Discount for Friends authorization numbers per month. All other eligible employees can request one (1) GM Supplier Discount for Friends authorization number per month.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what we thought going in. When he went to do it online it kept telling him he didn't have any authorizations left so he called the support number. When he spoke with them they told him about how many he could get but that he must purchase a GM vehicle FIRST and use the supplier pricing and then he can begin getting auth. numbers for friends and family.

We didn't end up ordering yet because I happened to find it on a lot, just the way I wanted it. I have placed a deposit on it and will most likely buy it either way, it's just I was looking forward to putting the additional $1000 savings into my side assist steps, roof cross rails and molded splash guards :-\

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
They must have changed the rules then. I used this program back in '04 and there were no such restrictions. They should update their FAQ's I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts