EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with getting supplier pricing? We have dealt with 2 dealerships in our area and haven't purchased from either because both won't come back with showing us invoice or an ACTUAL supplier price. They tend to want to HAND WRITE a number down...which we find shady. What are your thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer also would not honor supplier discounts. Its based on the allotment of Enclaves they have (or don't have) right now. Give it a few months or a year and I am sure it will be honored. Since I ordered mine in September and picked it up in November, I just stuck with negotiating on trade in and best sticker rate possible. I also ordered the Enclave with the features I wanted.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had no problems getting supplier pricing in the Philly area on incoming or ordered units, not stock Enclaves. As you may know you can go to the Supplier site and build an Enclave and it will show supplier pricing for the build.

Good Luck!! I'm a car nut and still, after 3,000 miles, think the Enclave is well worth the effort!

·
Registered
22 Posts
johnt26 said:
I had no problems getting supplier pricing in the Philly area on incoming or ordered units, not stock Enclaves. As you may know you can go to the Supplier site and build an Enclave and it will show supplier pricing for the build.

Good Luck!! I'm a car nut and still, after 3,000 miles, think the Enclave is well worth the effort!
^+1....Originally, we were getting the same story about not honoring the Supplier Discount from our local dealer. However, we expanded our search and discovered that it is ultimately up to the dealer whether they want to honor it or not for a particular model. The easiest way may be to go through Edmunds, build your car and then request quotes through them. I did that and put in the notes/comments that I wanted to use my Supplier Discount and I got not one but three different dealerships in the area that agreed to honor the discount. The funny this is that we went to test drive one they had in stock that was similarly equipped to the one we wanted and were expecting to order one - they ended up giving us a better deal than what we would have paid with the Supplier Discount! We ended up paying $800 under invoice.

Just brought home our new Enclave tonight!

:cheers:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Double congratulations Hassa, a new Enclave and 800 under invoice.

Akin187, our local dealer did not want to offer supplier pricing, even on an ordered vehicle, and when he knew that we would purchase elsewhere. I also built the vehicle on the GM supplier site and we didn't pay a penny over it as it should be. Your Enclave is out there, just keep looking. Remember your vehicle is worth the wait and the drive if need be.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Which state are you in? If you are in the tri-state area of OH, PA,WV let me know and I can give you a great dealer reference. I also used the supplier discount and knew exactly how much the car should cost. I couldn't get a dealer in my area ao I chose one 2 1/2 hrs east and got exactly what I wanted for the price I wanted.

G

·
I get supplier pricing on all GM vehicles. It is not the dealers that control this level of pricing. This is something their big bosses pass down to certain consumers and they have to honer it. I had a Chevy dealer three years ago try to pull a fast one on me and I placed a call to corp and the dealer not only had to give me it at that price, but also another $1000 off due to the hassle they gave me. ;D I am waiting to see how the local Buick dealer reacts when I walk in with my price point and order one in the spring.

·
Registered
333 Posts
When we picked up our car the dealer showed us that they were receiving about $700 from GM for honoring the supplier price so coupled with just over invoice pricing and that kickback they don't do too badly with supplier...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts