EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, searching for advice on a rattle noise only noticeable at low speeds and when hitting bumps or when driving on grass/gravel. It really seems like a suspension issue but I’ve had both front struts replaced, new drivers side LCA and bushings, new sway bar linkages both sides, new sway bar bushings.
It’s super annoying and I can’t figure it out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
On my 2013, at 100K (currently 168K) I had my complete strut assemblies replaced with I believe Monroe's quick ready strut assembly. I am also noticing a bobbling noise in mine too. I just had the end links and saw bar bushings replaced as well. at the same time I had all engine mounts and the tranny mount replaced due to 3 out of the four were broken. None of this has helped with the suspension noise. The Tech said the strut mounts and the bushings in the control arms are most likely causing it. The bushings are prone to fail. GL and post up if you find the cure for your issue

Reactions: Thejarhead

·
Registered
2015 Buick Enclave
58 Posts
This is discussed in a service bulletin:

Front lower forward control arm bushings are not difficult to replace - You need to torque the bushing to frame bolts to 55 ft/lbs and the main 'pivot' bolt to 144 ft/lbs while the suspension is at ride height. There are some YouTube videos explaining the procedure.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, searching for advice on a rattle noise only noticeable at low speeds and when hitting bumps or when driving on grass/gravel. It really seems like a suspension issue but I’ve had both front struts replaced, new drivers side LCA and bushings, new sway bar linkages both sides, new sway bar bushings.
It’s super annoying and I can’t figure it out. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Maybe a failed motor mount?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem for a very long time. It wasn’t until it got worse before we figured out it was the transfer case fluid. It needs to be changed every 40k. I haven’t had any noise since having the fluid changed. I hope that’s the fix you need!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, I have a loose, rattling or "knocking" sound coming from the front suspension when driving at slow speed over undulating surfaces, such as in parking lots. In addition to hearing it, I can feel the looseness through both the steering wheel and brake pedal. You won't notice it at higher speeds. And it's much more noticeable in cold temperatures.

I have an extended service plan on the car. Now, I did take it to the dealer maybe a year ago for this problem and, after they looked at the car, the service writer said, "here's what we're going to do". He never actually said what all parts were causing the problem. Well, whatever they did did help, but only for about a month or so, and then the loose rattling was back and still continues. So, I think the extended service company only offered to do whatever was the cheapest "fix" and didn't replace some parts that needed to be.

This is the kind of thing that is turning me off to GM, i.e., they just don't seem to be able to make vehicles that can really be maintained so as to be restored to original operating condition. The suspension in my wife's 2012 Hyundai Genesis with 135,000 miles on it is just as tight as when we bought it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it to another place in town and they said the first place I had replace the struts used O’Reilly cheap ones and they were bad. Replaced them with a “better” brand and noise is gone. Even got O’Reilly to cover the replacement cost as they were brand new but were defective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts