EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Enclave with only 70,000KM. Seems the suspension is shot, ka'put. When I go over good bumps now, it bangs, or makes a really good thump...What would you recommend to swap in? What brand?
I bought the car from my Parents, hence the loooooow mileage on 'er.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just swapped mine out with Bilsteins OEM B4 shocks and struts (I have 76K on my Enclave). You can buy them at shockwarehouse.com. The only thing is that you will need to use a plastic wire tie to secure the speed sensor wire to the hole in the strut as it's too small to fit the factory part, but this is really easy to do. Also, buy a good spring compressor and be careful. Although many don't want to mess with compressing springs, I did for the first time and it was really easy - I just took my time, compressed evenly, and ALWAYS pointed it AWAY from me. OEM tools sells one on Amazon.

The only thing I used from the original strut was the spring; I bought OEM parts for the strut mount, bearing, etc. so everything is new. The reason I used Bilstein was past experience on 2 other vehicles - they're high quality, made in Germany, and last quite a long time. If you change the struts, you might as well change the front sway bar bushings and sway bar links too because they are most likely worn.

If possible, stay away from quick struts unless you go with a well-known brand. These are quick so the repair shops can make more money - good for them, bad for you. Often times these quick struts come with the wrong spring and your vehicle will not sit at the right ride height or will not ride like stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
gig229
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing