EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

761 - 770 of 770 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Re: Synthetic Oil

dzs3fz said:
Got a great deal on Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic at my local Meijer store because it appears there was a duplicate sale going on for Labor Day. First sale was for $22.19 for the 5+qt size that the sale ended on 9/7. The second sale was for a $10 mail in rebate which started on 9/7. Since the computer at checkout charged me $22.19/jug and no mail in coupon was generated, the store manager gave me a $20 gift card for (2) jugs. Bottom line…$12.19 for the 5+qt size.
This would have never happened at ABT!! just joshin' but now you have to buy more, you don't have cash...

·
Registered
4,433 Posts

dzs3fz said:
Last time Meijer had the $10 rebate from Shell, all that was required was the printed coupon at checkout and the original sale receipt.
Gotcha. The I did you had to get the code from the cap of the jug, and enter it online, and it got uploaded to a Shell card. Problem was people in the supply chain knew each code was worth $20, and they ripped them all off. Then, to add insult to injury, 2 of my jugs contained used motor oil! Human nature, very very sneaky. As I learned last weekend, Mobil 1 has foil caps inside the plastic caps, no pour-eee out-eee, fill-eee back-eee! :happy:

·
Registered
956 Posts

john 070 said:
Gotcha. The I did you had to get the code from the cap of the jug, and enter it online, and it got uploaded to a Shell card. Problem was people in the supply chain knew each code was worth $20, and they ripped them all off. Then, to add insult to injury, 2 of my jugs contained used motor oil! Human nature, very very sneaky. As I learned last weekend, Mobil 1 has foil caps inside the plastic caps, no pour-eee out-eee, fill-eee back-eee! :happy:
The Pennzoil jug comes with a tamper-proof cap.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts

dzs3fz said:
The Pennzoil jug comes with a tamper-proof cap.
Has it changed since last year? A person has to feel the resistance as the cap twists, and then it breaks the plastic. If it comes off easily, then it has been opened b4. In addition, Mobil 1 has foil. If PP doesn't have an inner seal, then it's still fun and games when you get the "used oil surprise." :confused:

·
Registered
6,456 Posts

hmmm- I think my Valvoline Dino oil- 5 qt jug comes with an aluminum seal...

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

john 070 said:
I disagree about this being human nature. This is thievery, plain and simple.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts

GoldEnclave said:
I disagree about this being human nature. This is thievery, plain and simple.
Gotcha, I know what you mean, it's so unlikely anybody here would steal codes from Pennzoil caps, no matter how easy Shell Oil made it, and actually putting used motor oil back into the containers and returning them to a store, that's over the top.

Seriously, when I see politicians being busted over trivial amounts like 40k, 60k, 350k, I always say I don't get it, they have law degrees. My buddy says it's not the amounts, of course they're not going to lose their livelihood over 40k, it's that they felt there was zero chance of being caught.... :angryfire:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts

I think that many politicians start to think that they are above the law after a while. :sosad:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Synthetic Oil

Hello

I am new to the forum and have new 2010 Enclave on order. I know the pros and cons of synthetic oil but what does the owners manual say if anything.

Thanks
If you haven't checked GM requires DEXOS synthetic blend is factory fill on all vehicles since 2011.

761 - 770 of 770 Posts
About this Discussion
769 Replies
94 Participants
redvett
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing