EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll try to make this short, 2009 Enclave CXL, we had this truck around three years, has VERY high mileage, like over 200,000 Now, BUT the truck drove like a champ, everyday driver, even driven it to Florida a year or so ago from Detroit, OK, error message on dash read (Trans Running Hot, Idle vehicle) check online for this issue, said too much trans fluid and to do a flush, after flushing twice, the trans lost Comm to the TCM, No broken wires on TCM plug, good fuses, and relays, My Question is, if I replace the TCM, would this resolve my issue?
Oh and the truck drove fine before this happened.
Oh the backup camera stopped, the backlight behind the PRND1 that illuminated each gear(gone), you can see the letters, just not telling you what gear it's in...Hmmmm

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
was it the 1st time a drain/refill was done?

did you notice any weird shift issues? Park to Drive? or delayed shifts?

with 200,000 miles- the other issue would be the TECHM laminate discs.

but your sysmtoms are different,
heres a good read. Ive already done this to mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here's a little update, after removing and inspection of the TCM, no disc were torn or even disturbed, the truck didn't lose communication with the TCM until the second drain and refill, while going thru the gears after the refill, the engine made a hard shift from park to reverse and into drive, and that hard shift does move the engine, but I can't find a break in any wire, all fuses and relays are good, I'm completely at a stand still now, really trying my hardest to avoid ALL TRANSMISSION SHOPS, especially the dealership.
I had taken my old 2005 envoy 4x4 to a trans shop, they said $1500 for a trans, of course I took it home, went to the. Junk yard the next day, drained a trans off one there, got all the solenoids for under $20 bucks, and the truck drove perfectly for another two years, until a line leak, yes I still have the truck.
Which is why I have to figure this out as well, no way for it to be a bad trans, it drove perfectly until the overheating trans alert, and the draining and refilling, truly confused here....HELP!!.LOL

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
are you using a meter to test the wires for breaks? or just a visual of the wire from the outside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using a test light, I have power at the relay, power at both the trans & TCM fuses, and power at the connector to transmission, but it's Not communicating with the transmission, does that mean that the TCM is fried???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts