EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special ordered our Enclave (CXL, Ebony, White Diamond) six weeks ago without even driving one. I trusted all the feedback from owners, the media and this forum. We picked up our Enclave yesterday and this vehicle is off the chart, it has met and exceeded all my expectations. I want to take this time to thank the GM team that planned, engineered, and built the Enclave. The ergonomics, design, and materials of the interior and exterior is superior to many luxury vehicles costing far more than the Enclave. I hope you’re as proud as I am of this crossover. I will take every chance I get to upstage the imports and make thier owners regret the decision to buy one. My Enclave was built the week of February 18 and the build team did an exceptional job!!! Fit, finish, and attention to detail is exceptional and again I want to thank them for having pride in their work! I want to see GM beat down the competition, especially the imports, so keep up the relentless pursuit of that goal with vehicles like this Enclave!! Thanks again from a proud Enclave owner.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
gm4ever said:
Special ordered our Enclave (CXL, Ebony, White Diamond) six weeks ago without even driving one. I trusted all the feedback from owners, the media and this forum. We picked up our Enclave yesterday and this vehicle is off the chart, it has met and exceeded all my expectations. I want to take this time to thank the GM team that planned, engineered, and built the Enclave. The ergonomics, design, and materials of the interior and exterior is superior to many luxury vehicles costing far more than the Enclave. I hope you’re as proud as I am of this crossover. I will take every chance I get to upstage the imports and make thier owners regret the decision to buy one. My Enclave was built the week of February 18 and the build team did an exceptional job!!! Fit, finish, and attention to detail is exceptional and again I want to thank them for having pride in their work! I want to see GM beat down the competition, especially the imports, so keep up the relentless pursuit of that goal with vehicles like this Enclave!! Thanks again from a proud Enclave owner.

:dancing: Congratulations!!! Enjoy that Enclave! To make the Imports jealous.......... just drive it around.....you'll see them adjust their mirrors for a better look at you! :thumb: ;D

Tune in here often for tips help, and ideas. Even the Space Shuttle needs a little "tuning" occasionally, and it's MSRP was a bit higher! ;)

best wishes

·
Registered
26 Posts
gm4ever
Same build week, same delivery date and i'm just as excited.
As i was driving from the dealer (50+miles) she turned a few heads.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hey welcome to the Enclave Family :cheers: and congrats on your new baby. I wholeheartedly endorse every word of your post :thumb: :thumb: ;D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
gm4ever
Oh that could be my name........
Welcome to the forum :welcome:
It's great to have you here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We enjoy our Enclave as well, fully loaded. Beware of the "slight" problem in that the roof leaks after going through a high pressure car wash. GM says avoid these car washes, I say build a vehicle so it does not leak. Dealer had no idea as to where it is leaking from, has not received a Service Bullitin, and said roof liner will have to come out to see where the water marks are. Not looking forward to that but it may be the only option. Talk is sunroof drain tubes or roof rack seal. Would hope that the "GM Enclave Team" would have this figured out by now so it would be a quick fix but apparently they have not.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've run mine through the high pressure car wash several times this winter, I have the sunroof, and so far no sign of a leak. I'd rather wash it myself but this has been an unusually harsh winter so no chance to do it myself. Got to get the salt off somehow... This car wash even has the super high speed blowers to dry it & even though it sounds horrible its held up just fine! I probably just jinxed myself!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I am sorry, but I have no other options than the no-touch high pressure washes in the NE winter. I am also sorry to say, but I feel my Enclave should be able to go through a wash without leaking. For God's sake, I have been driving and washing cars for 33 years and never had one leak sunroof or not and I am not going to stop doing it. If there is a leak it is wrong and should be fixed period. I for one don't know how anyone could settle for any less. Geez, sometimes the GM love drives me nuts. :mad:

By the way, What is a " 'slight' problem in that the roof leaks after going through a high pressure car wash"? Is that like a slight punch in the nose? Any leak is too big.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
bard said:
We enjoy our Enclave as well, fully loaded. Beware of the "slight" problem in that the roof leaks after going through a high pressure car wash. GM says avoid these car washes, I say build a vehicle so it does not leak. Dealer had no idea as to where it is leaking from, has not received a Service Bullitin, and said roof liner will have to come out to see where the water marks are. Not looking forward to that but it may be the only option. Talk is sunroof drain tubes or roof rack seal. Would hope that the "GM Enclave Team" would have this figured out by now so it would be a quick fix but apparently they have not.
Hi. Glad your leak doesn't happen in rain storms, on your way to a wedding ;) But I would definitely get it looked at, headliner-off and all, as it may be a simple fix (disconnected drain tube, sunroof screw needs sealing?) I run mine thru the car wash regularly and it could be named Hurricane Hugo!! You should be able to also. No leaks here to date, w/8,000 miles :thumb:

PS......another poster here went thru the problem and it was the screw from the roof rack! They siliconed everything and no further probs. Good luck.......pls let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I happened to be in the service area of my Buick dealer today and mentioned reading this thread on your leak problem. The service tech said there is a service bulletin available that tells how to fix the sunroof leaks. Sounds to me like your dealer’s service department needs to check it out!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bsox, couldnt agree more. I wrote a similar comment 2 weeks ago. Why on earth would someone excuse leaking in a vehicle, let alone a new vehicle. I have owned 8 cars and never had such a problem. Its laughable. I will take delivery of my Enclave in 3 weeks. And when I do, if it leaks, I will park it outside my dealer with big sign on the roof that reads "My brand new 08 Enclave leaks when i use a car wash" until they fix it or give me a new car. I have to say this will be my first American made car, and if "water tight" is all i can hope for, it will be my last. I am trying to stay positive about my purchase, but sometimes I read things here that are shocking.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Petero said:
Bsox, couldnt agree more. I wrote a similar comment 2 weeks ago. Why on earth would someone excuse leaking in a vehicle, let alone a new vehicle. I have owned 8 cars and never had such a problem. Its laughable. I will take delivery of my Enclave in 3 weeks. And when I do, if it leaks, I will park it outside my dealer with big sign on the roof that reads "My brand new 08 Enclave leaks when i use a car wash" until they fix it or give me a new car. I have to say this will be my first American made car, and if "water tight" is all i can hope for, it will be my last. I am trying to stay positive about my purchase, but sometimes I read things here that are shocking.
LOL, that is a pretty funny picture. I doubt very much if it will leak. Mine does not and I use high pressure washes every week as well as mine sits outside and has never leaked even in heavy rain. If you are unfortunate to get an unlucky leaker, it seems to me the more common problem is the roof rail leak vs. the kinked drainage tubes of the sunroof which is what the service bulletins are for. You will love your Enclave, I am very happy despite several small issues, a couple of bigger ones, and of course the tranny. But, everything else is so nice, I am still very pleased.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Petero said:
Your comment proves EXACTLY why I am sick of people on this forum blowing way out of proportion a problem that only happens to a "handful" of owners. It scares away potential buyers of the Encave at worst, or at best causes them to be worried about their purchase as you apparently are. Anyone who will stand up here and tell me that other manufacturers don't have occasional bad cars come off their assembly line, is lying! Why don't you reserve judgment of your "American car" until you actually have it and are driving it? Why do people seem so quick to "rush to judgment" of "American car quality" just because a handful of people have posted about their unfortunate luck with getting one of the random bad apples off of the assembly line? If you go to ANY other auto forum (yes, even the import ones) you will find proof of other owners having random problems as well......yes even on an IMPORT (sorry, if I just committed blasphemy). Why don't we all just be helpful to those who experience an unfortunate problem, and quit trying to use others' misfortune to perpetuate someone's myth of American car inferiority? It really is immature.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
ccaats said:
Your comment proves EXACTLY why I am sick of people on this forum blowing way out of proportion a problem that only happens to a "handful" of owners. It scares away potential buyers of the Encave at worst, or at best causes them to be worried about their purchase as you apparently are. Anyone who will stand up here and tell me that other manufacturers don't have occasional bad cars come off their assembly line, is lying! Why don't you reserve judgment of your "American car" until you actually have it and are driving it? Why do people seem so quick to "rush to judgment" of "American car quality" just because a handful of people have posted about their unfortunate luck with getting one of the random bad apples off of the assembly line? If you go to ANY other auto forum (yes, even the import ones) you will find proof of other owners having random problems as well......yes even on an IMPORT (sorry, if I just committed blasphemy). Why don't we all just be helpful to those who experience an unfortunate problem, and quit trying to use others' misfortune to perpetuate someone's myth of American car inferiority? It really is immature.
Well, to be perfectly fair, I think there are just as many people who get sick of comments like yours. No one that I know of is blowing anything out of proportion, people with leaking roofs have reported it while others have suggested comments that may help them get those leaking roof fixed period. No one that I know of has blown anything out of proportion. If you had your way we would just sit around and praise GM blindly because they are an american company I guess. Well guess what, without the pressure from imports and quality such as found in the Lexus or Acura or Mercedes, your precious American made companies would not be producing such fantastic vehicles as the Enclave. It is called competition and to compete you have to produce quality or be left in the dust. To answer your question about people "rushing to judgement" of American car quality it is because historically the quality HAS NOT been on par with the foriegn vehicle, not because of a "hand full" of comments made on this forum, as you have suggested. Do you think it is just bad luck that Toyota has taken over number one, or do you think, just possibly, just maybe, they have been building a better vehicle for a while and have developed a reputation that has developed a loyal consumer base. Do they produce a perfect vehicle, I am sure not, nor have I read ANYONE stating that the foriegn made vehicles are without problems, but you seem to think they have.

It is your blind love of GM and apparent inability to have anything negative said about the GM that is immature. I know you don't care for my opinions and this post won't help, but really after over 600 or your posts and 1200 of mine, I can not figure out where you come from and why you have such tunnel vision for GM unless you work for them, which I believe you have said you don't. Why are you so zealous in you defense of GM? Please explain so maybe I can understand.

BTW, just about fell over when you said on the tranny post that yours cycled too much (even though you made it a point in several posts earlier to say it did not and explain how intuitive the tranny was and how it will stay in 5th for you to refute those of us complaining about the cycling) (see I do pay attention). Of course you couldn't just make the post, you had to preface it by stating "if there is anything I agree with on this thread"...

XXOO

Bsox

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
firebird said:
Wow!! touchy, touchy....cabin fever?? :cheers:
No not really, just history and the failure to see the point of needing to defend a multi billion dollar corporate conglomerate as if it personally affects me.

I love my Enclave, first "American made" car since my 1974 Gremlin, and I put that in quotes as all my Mazdas, my Hondas, and my Mitsch. Montero were all built here, but it is just a car and I fail to see the logic behind these passionate defenses of a corporation such as GM along with all others, that are out for one thing only, profit. You can read through all 1200 plus of my posts if you would like and I have never argued that my previous foriegn cars were perfect. I also feel that my and others complaints about the Encalve's transmission may lead to upcoming reprogramming which I feel would be a valuble outcome which would not have come about if we all just accepted the vehicle as is because we are in love with GM.

thanks,

Bsox

·
Registered
32 Posts
ccats, I think yours is an overreaction. Everyone acknowledges that all brands domestic or import have flaws. And I am well aware that enthusiast forums are havens for talking about things that go wrong. What I cant understand and what troubles me most is why people would ever excuse these flaws from any company. 2 weeks ago here a number of people claimed that "sunroofs do require maintenance to keep them from leaking". They said this in response to an Enclave owner upset that their 2 week old enclave was leaking in the rain. In my 20 years of car ownership i have never had a car without a sun roof, and I have never had to maintain a sunroof in any way shape or form. So what worries me is not the "horror stories" I see on occasion here, but rather the fact that I purchased this car in part based on the great reviews the car was getting from consumers. If it turns out those consumers are willing to excuse a leaky roof and still rate a product as excellent, I grow concerned that the standards by which they measure may be substantially different than those I am used to. I would not have purchased this car had I not had some confidence in the US industry. But I will excuse nothing simply because it is an American car. I dont understand why anyone would.

·
Registered
644 Posts
bsox and petero,

Beautifully stated. Thank you both for your well-reasoned comments. Later on today, I will post my review of the Twin Cities Auto Show, including remarks about many comparable vehicles, for whatever those may be worth to others. My ultimate conclusion after the trip is that the Enclave is the best value, by far. That being said, the comments by those with difficulties are extremely valuable both to consumers/customers and to GM, as well. It is ridiculous at best to assume that blind allegiance to a corporate entity like GM will help a transition by the public from foreign-made to domestic designed and produced vehicles. GM actually can benefit from disclosure of problems because that disclosure will "keep them honest" in terms of competing effectively with other auto makers. And, they had better be paying attention. There has never been effective leadership with only "yes men" surrounding decision makers. The same goes for the auto industry. While PT Barnum realistically asserted that one will ever go broke by underestimating the intelligence of the American public, there are many Americans, Canadians, and others who value difficult to acquire dollars and plan on investing in vehicles that engender loyalty gleaned from experience with beautifully designed, engineered, and crafted automobiles. Without that commitment, those of us contemplating giving GM a chance will never do so again.

BB

·
Registered
644 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
Hey, BB: The details of the show will be great, but we all want to hear about the Spam Museum! How about it? ???

2Much
There you go, 2Much! I try to be serious for a change and you spoil it all with a question about the Spam Museum. I'll make a post in the way off topic forum at some point. I'm whipped after the tome on the car show. I will say this to tantalize you; there are 22 grams of fat in the regular spam and only 2 grams in the turkey. More importantly, they make 44,000 cans of the stuff an hour Those poor pigs!

BB

1 - 20 of 36 Posts