EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Enclave Avenir White Frost
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of a 2021 Enclave Avenir. I have yet to see or feel the difference between the Tour and Sport Modes.
I am putting this out on the Forum in order to get some feedback from those of you that are familiar with these two driving modes. Do either change the ride or stiffness of the suspension, as the Magnetic Selective Ride Control does on some GM vehicles? Does one mode offer better gas mileage than the other? I am presuming that the shift points might be changed using the different settings. I would think that off the line, (if one does this sort of thing with an Enclave, heaven forbid) the Sport setting would get one down the track? a minuscule faster. I am not looking for the information the owner's manual gives re/ these two features, as I am looking for your personal experiences. Thanks, all.

JCEJr

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
In my 2018, Sport mode is replaced by Towing mode. The transmission will not shift into 9th gear and the shift points are raised slightly. I have not experienced a big difference in the handling or suspension.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have Tour, Sport, and Towing modes and there is a difference in the 3. Touring feels best when on the highway at speeds, 60+. Smooth, almost boat like but very comfortable. Don't notice much in town driving and feels a bit sloppy handling and side to side motions.
Sport mode feels best in town or when you are having some fun on a twisty road or just plane getting the throttle on. Harder, less side motion, feels better in town driving. At speeds, 60+, it is not nice to me and hard.

This is just what I observe and my thoughts. I am sure many will tell us what they think.

And yes, the Enclave will get it on from a dead stop or even in passing mode at speed. LOL

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
I think you are confusing Touring and Sport modes in the driver's display with the Sport and Tow/Haul mode button next to the Infotainment display. I believe the two options in the driver's display only change what you see in the display and have no bearing on the operation of the vehicle. The Sport button, which is the Tow/Haul button if you have the towing package does change the ride and handling characteristics.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Page 202 of my manual:

Driver Mode Control
Driver Mode Control attempts to add
a sportier feel, provide a more
comfortable ride, or assist in
different weather conditions or
terrain. This system simultaneously
changes the software calibration of
various sub-systems. Depending on
the option package, available
features, and mode selected, the
suspension, steering, and
powertrain will change calibrations
to achieve the desired mode
characteristics.
If equipped, the vehicle may have
the following modes: All-Wheel
Drive (AWD), Tour, Sport, and/or
Tow/Haul. When not in AWD, the
vehicle is in Front-Wheel Drive
(FWD) which will provide better fuel
economy. All drive modes may
display indicator or mode on
message in the Driver Information
Center (DIC) except FWD.

·
Super Moderator
321 Posts
The above paragraph references the Sport mode button or Tow/Haul mode button, whichever you have, but not the DIC display. If you don’t press the button you are in Tour mode. If you do, you are in Sport mode. Your choice will show up as an indicator in the DIC.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was excited about the ability to select between Touring and Sport mode on my 2019 Avenir, but I don't notice any difference at all. Maybe there are very minor changes in the subsystems but it's not enough to notice.

Emergency braking and pedestrian sensing/braking don't work either, at least not in the situations I've been in and not how they're shown in the Buick demonstration videos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts