EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read several posts about different all weather floor mat options and would like to know if anyone has any recent experience with "The Hogg" mats sold by Matt Depot. In particular, I'm curious about the fit and color match (cashmere interior and tan mats).

Thanks!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Took a look at their web site: http://www.matdepot.com/Carmats/Car...CLAVE&p_year=2008&category=hogg#anchorvehicle

[Note that it's Mat Depot, not Matt Depot.]

They're not custom. As they say "The Hogg is designed as a Semi-Custom Floor Mat program. The style that was automatically selected for your vehicle is the best of our (5) five uniquely engineered patterns". So I'd be concerned how well they fit.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of fabric mats that soak up a lot of water. I worry that they would take a while to dry, and get musty. But I haven't tried these.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! (I can only imagine I was thinking of Hogg with two Gs when I typed "Matt").

It's not so much the water I'm worried about, but the dirt that gets tracked in with two boys playing sports year round. I have Weather Tech mats in my other car and am very pleased with them but my wife doesn't like the "utility" look of them for her Enclave.

What are the best options (fit and color match) for keeping the car clean while maintaining the classy interior?

·
Registered
410 Posts
klynch said:
Thanks! (I can only imagine I was thinking of Hogg with two Gs when I typed "Matt").
Or thinking of someone named Matt?

klynch said:
What are the best options (fit and color match) for keeping the car clean while maintaining the classy interior?
Don't drive it. Don't go in it. Don't even look at it. It will stay much cleaner. :)

klynch said:
It's not so much the water I'm worried about, but the dirt that gets tracked in with two boys playing sports year round. I have Weather Tech mats in my other car and am very pleased with them but my wife doesn't like the "utility" look of them for her Enclave.
If it's dirt that worries you, then in my mind your best options are either a low-pile / tight weave mat, or a clear plastic cover that goes over your existing mats.

There's some posts somewhere from some company whose name I've forgotten that makes custom mats that people seem to like very much. Claims to cover better than the factory mats (which isn't hard....). They offer it in barber, which should clean up well, but I haven't tried it. Then get the mats steam cleaned a couple times a year. And replace it every couple of years if you can afford it :)

I like the clear plastic mats, because they allow (some) of the original color to show through, so you don't need to worry about it matching. Something like Hexomat (http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=3023) might work. They are, however, quite thick. These look intersting, much thinner, but I don't know how well they will stay flat. http://www.autoupgrade.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=50-LLPRT18-ALL2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts