EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a hunter in this house. Her name is Missy Serenity.

Last night, Joe let Elwood and Missy Serenity out for their "last call" before bedtime.

He had left the patio door slightly ajar. Then he heard a "squeal". He stood up thinking that perhaps Elwood or Missy Serenity had hurt themselves. Or something else had hurt them.

As he was walking to the patio door, Elwood and Missy Serenity appeared.
AND the hunter....

Missy Serenity had a full size rabbit clenched in her mouth. She had brought it up to show her hunting prowess, and to give to Joe as a present.

Now I know that girl is FAST. I have shown videos on occasion showing her racing out of the patio door and into the yard. Then racing along the back fence, back and forth. There have been a couple times she was close to getting either a rabbit or squirrel.

Last night she accomplished that. AND she was so proud of herself.

It took a couple minutes for Joe to convince her to let him have the rabbit. He said it was still moving, slightly, so he made Elwood and Missy Serenity go inside and he placed the rabbit off to the left side of the patio.

Once he had Elwood and Missy Serenity settled down for the night, although she really was keeping an eye on the patio door, Joe went outside. The rabbit didn't survive so Joe took the rabbit and tossed the poor little thing way into our woods out back.

Yep, we have a hunter in our home. It would have been a **** of a good video, if I had been awake and downstairs.

Oh and this morning, she was standing guard at the patio door, looking everywhere for her catch of the day. Or, perhaps a new catch.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impressive to catch a rabbit!
I know! Also impressive she didn't eat it. I have a friend in Columbus, her Sheltie dines on rabbits and birds all the time.

I have witnessed her to almost catching not only a rabbit but a squirrel.

Here is how I think it played out last night.

Elwood and Missy Serenity were working together, perhaps. I could see Elwood flushing the rabbit out and herding it towards Missy Serenity and she caught it.

Or perhaps not. After all, SHE IS FAST and I mean FAST!!!! I have a video showing just how fast she is when she "bursts full speed out of the patio door way, an immediate left turn to the side yard and then a right turn, down the hill to the back fence and then an all out full speed race to the end of the fence line and then, a 180 turn and back along the fence line again".

It is amazing to watch her.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Our 4 year old mix mutt Jessie has taken down moles, voles, and such unto a couple weeks ago when she caught 1 of her prized rabbits. Our kids were outside playing and came running into the house hollering that she had caught a rabbit. The wife and I went outside to check on the rabbit that had been bitten on the head, had an eye missing and was is total shock. I wrapped it up in a blanket and put it in a cooler with a wire mesh top and waited for it to calm down. Well, it calmed down alright - and died. :( But I know deep down inside that killer mind of hers, She is gunning for a squirrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Our rescue we were told was shepherd/lab mix but the vet thinks is more shepherd/husky has caught two rabbits so far. She'll turn 2 years old this summer. Our old pure bred shepherd used to chase them all the time but never actually caught one.

She doesn't look like a murder dog. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We were talking last night over dinner. LOL and yes, it was about Missy Serenity and the case of the "got that rabbit".

He said she was so determined to bring the rabbit inside with her. It actually took him longer than a couple minutes to get it away from her. Then of course, after he laid it beside the patio, Missy Serenity was inside, guess who did a circle around the patio furniture and heading for the rabbit? Elwood and he was scolded and made to go inside, minus the rabbit.

We always feed Missy Serenity and Elwood in their cages. She is very food aggressive and inhales hers and would, if given the chance, take Elwoods away.

My husband believes, and I do as well, she was wanting to bring the rabbit inside, into her cage so she could have a royal rabbit feast. OMG could you imagine the mess we would have had IF she was able to get it inside and wasn't noticed???

So far she is still on rabbit detail, looking all over for more rabbits. But, you can still be assured, she still barks and barks and barks at those evil evil squirrels. Now the squirrels, too fast, so far that is, for Missy Serenity. Elwood just watches the whole thing unfold. He knows better to get in her way, unless he can possibly get a hold of a rabbit, already caught that is.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG Missy Serenity and Elwood almost had a rabbit this morning!!!!

Snatched some fur off of it and probably left a few teeth marks on the little thing. She cornered it at the back fence and it was able to get under the fence. There is fur on this side and the other side of the fence.

I actually caught it on video this morning! The chase, catch, squealing and escape.

Not sure how to post a video on here though.

Any directions on the how to???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing