EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........and it's not the Enclave.
According to the story in Business Week, it is the Toyota Highlander. The story starts "All hail the Highlander", and it reads like the writer, Michael Frank, is on the payroll of Toyota.
He also said "The redesigned 2008 Toyota Highlander LTD AWD ($34,150) I drove recently may be the very best seven-passenger crossover on the planet"

I guess he loves Toyotas. ???

Sorry, I can't get the link to work. :banghead:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: The Ideal Crossover Has Arrived(NOT the Enclave)

Everyone has their own set of priorities in a car, and their own set of trade-offs.

For another take, checkout http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroadtests/13690/tested-2008-toyota-highlander.html

The all-new 2008 Toyota Highlander is boring.

Seriously, we haven’t been this bored driving an all-new car since, well, the original Highlander was introduced for the 2001 model year. Yes, with its new version, Toyota has addressed customer complaints regarding the previous model’s lack of style, space, and horsepower. But somehow, in spite of those improvements, the ’08 Highlander exhibits no more charisma than Al Gore hosting a paint-mixing seminar.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Here is the link:

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/jan2008/bw20080117_354415.htm

Here is an excerpt, the only time the Enclave is mentioned:

Plus, the interior is so brilliantly packaged that without being a full-size-

SUV-handful in the mall parking lot, there's more room inside than in

the Honda Pilot, and more second-row legroom than you get in either that vehicle

or General Motor's (GM) well-received Buick Enclave.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

"Al Gore hosting a paint mixing seminar" - priceless.

I am actually a big fan of Toyota's. It all depends on what you want. If you are looking for a reliable motor vehicle appliance then I think Toyota is for you. If you are looking for something to connect with emotionally, then probably not.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

*Enclave*
Thanks for the link. :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

zman said:
It all depends on what you want. If you are looking for a reliable motor vehicle appliance then I think Toyota is for you. If you are looking for something to connect with emotionally, then probably not.
You forgot to mention tolerance to the arrogant dealer. For sure Toyotas are just appliances and I bet my couch will handle roads better than a Toyota.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does anyone else think the Highlander really looks like a minivan now?! It looked much better BEFORE the model makeover for 08.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts