EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little story for those who are getting frustrated.

In April, I was considering replacing my 5 yr old G35, dreaming of the new 335i convertible, when my wife called and demanded that I put my search on hold because we had to get rid of hers. It was an '05 Odyssey Touring with about 30k miles, it has had more problems than you would expect from a Honda. The sliding doors have been constant problems, brought in 5 times to be fixed, radio had to be replaced, blower for middle rows had to be replaced, air conditioner compressor had to be replaced (this one they said was due to a rock and not under warrenty, $1k to fix), the 2 front tires were balding (not unlike myself) and those run flats are expensive. So, I had received a private offer for the Acadia, and having 2 small children it look like a good alternative. Brought the wife down to the local dealer to drive, she didn't like it, but noticed a picture of the Enclave and was hooked. The dealer indicated they wouldn't get one until June. In meantime, I received a $250 test drive offer, so on May 3rd, went back to the dealer to register the rebate and to my and his surprise, there were 2 Enclaves on the lot. Immediately brought the wife to see, she loved it, they had a White Tri-coat and Red Jewel (FWD), so I told the sales guy, $500 over invoice and we have a deal, I think you can imagine their reaction. So, I said, when you want to sell for $500 over, call me. I was home for 15 minutes when the phone rang, sales guy says if you take it today, they will sell for $500 over. Asked the wife if she was ready, two problems, she didn't like the color or the light interior (the 2 kids I mentioned earlier being the main reason). So, I said no, but if I could order one for the same price we had a deal, they agreed. So on May 3rd, I went back to the dealer armed with the invoice price for Edmunds, started the process of ordering when the invoice price they had was about $900 more than I had, it was the dreaded Adv Fee, this annoyed me to no end. But, the dealer indicated that it was a no obligation order, chose a standard config and if I still wanted it when it came in it was mine, if not, I just walk away. So, I order a Black on black and like many of you started waiting. In the meantime, I tried every dealer possible to avoid the Adv Fee, checked inventories every day, talked with about 5 other sales guys, it became pretty evident that I was not going to do any better than the deal I had struck. I'd say once a month i would call my dealer to ask about the status, answer was always the same, "no idea", finally in late August I yelled at my sales guy, indicating that I have called him 4 times and they have called me exactly none times. His response was they haven't called because they are no updates. Right before Labor Day, I figured this was over, it will never get done, when I receive a spam e-mail from the dealer for some promotion they were having on the Hummers, I responded to the e-mail by asking them to send me an update on my order from 4 months ago instead of this useless spam. Within 5 minutes I get a response indicating that my car is in transit (so after 4 months they can't even call me to let me know it's coming). So, since I never signed any paperwork, I figured they would never honor my deal. Well it took 2 weeks for the car to arrive at the dealer, but they called on Weds to tell me it was in and I arranged to pick it up on Thurs. But in the back of my head, I still thought the deal would fall through, they would concock some story of why I had to pay more than we agreed. Well, I go last night and there it was, A fully loaded Black Carbon CXL with Ebony, but I wasn't going to get too excited until I saw the paper work with the agreed upon price. To end this fairly long story, Everything turned out great, I got it for $500 over invoice, received a conquest rebate of $1k, the $250 test drive rebate and I had $2k GM points. I added the running boards, and boy do they look great. I have only drove 5 miles to get it home, but really nice to be able to fold the mirrors in when pulling into the garage, mine is narrow so it is cool to have that extra space. After driving minivans for the last 6 years, it was good to end the "Odyssey" and get into an Enclave.

So, to all, don't give up, you'll appreciate it more after dealing with the aggrevation. :beer:

I will work on trying to get photos of the Black with the running boards up this weekend, but computers are not my game, so we'll see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrads on the new addition to your family. You left out one part to your great story.
Did they stick you with the $900 ad fee as the shine off the Enclave blinded you?

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Great story thanks for posting. Enjoy! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Great story and another reason why "The Best Things Come to Those Who Wait" :cheers: I just wish more "truth and facts" like you have stated about your Honda Odyssey would be published in CR and other so-called "objective" reliability publications.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
ccaats said:
Great story and another reason why "The Best Things Come to Those Who Wait" :cheers: I just wish more "truth and facts" like you have stated about your Honda Odyssey would be published in CR and other so-called "objective" reliability publications.
I don't think "CR" and "objective" belong in the same sentence.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Congrats on your new Enclave. Did I get it right that your oder was placed in May? I guess I don't have a right to complain (but that won't stop me) about my June 12th order that I am waiting on...I am getting frustrated when I hear about the July and August orders that have been delivered. Yes I know about the whole allocation junk, stupid system. Orders are orders blah blah blah. I am also trading in a Honda. A pilot that I have owned for 10 months and has been in for the same repair 6 times...Hopefully I will be out of that soon :banghead:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, May 3rd. The frustrating thing was that some of the dealers I talked to knew exactly what their allocations were, when they were going to be built, one was willing to even guarantee 8 weeks from time of order because he knew one of his allocations was about to be pulled. But mine didn't seem to know anything or they were just hoping I would go away so they could sell it at a higher price. I was convinced they had sold mine to someone else and even told the finance guy last night as much when I was signing the papers.

But like I said, all is forgiven and I will even give the dealership a good review on the survey, it is only a couple of miles from my house, so all my repair work (hopefully not needed) will be done there.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Wow, May3rd is pretty bad. I have not heard once from my dealer either and after I reached and passed the promised 6-8 week point, I have called every week not once a month. They have not called me once. The last news was the 9-11 delivery date and still nothing. With my luck the UAW will stike and my Enclave will sit outside of Toledo at a truck stop for 3 weeks. How hard would it be to call me once a week and say something to try and appease me especially with a $40,000 vehicle? :banghead:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very cool, congrats! I'm a sucker for a happy ending. :)

Funny; my 'clave on order will replace my tired Odyssey ('03, no problems like yours though) and my hubby drives a G35. Which he loves (and, which I have never driven because he insists on only manual vehicles. Nice ploy. ;))

Hope you guys enjoy your new car!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Gator has some good running board pictures in his gallery.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats Boomzer, I got a similar deal, but $300 over invoice, plus the $1,000 conquest rebate. However, I didn't have any GM points or the $250 test drive rebate. Feels good though, doesn't it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
marzetta7 said:
Congrats Boomzer, I got a similar deal, but $300 over invoice, plus the $1,000 conquest rebate. However, I didn't have any GM points or the $250 test drive rebate. Feels good though, doesn't it?
Thanks, it does feel good to finally get it over with. Can't wait to drive it more. There were times when I was like, "should I just pay sticker and be done with it", but the accountant (read, cheap) in me just wouldn't give in. Thank goodness I no longer have to go to the Buick vehicle locator sight and put in 6 different cities to see what's out there and then to be dissappointed when there is nothing to my liking.

G

·
darn i was hoping this was mama2girls thred, thinking she had come to her senses and bought a lambda, and stopped bugging us and the acadians , im just messin with ya ;D ;D

anyway, enjoy and congradulations :cheers:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Boomzer said:
Thanks, it does feel good to finally get it over with. Can't wait to drive it more. There were times when I was like, "should I just pay sticker and be done with it", but the accountant (read, cheap) in me just wouldn't give in. Thank goodness I no longer have to go to the Buick vehicle locator sight and put in 6 different cities to see what's out there and then to be dissappointed when there is nothing to my liking.
I know the feeling...sometimes you feel like "screw it, let's get this done," but it is sure a nice feeling when you stick to your guns, albeit sometimes honing your a-hole skills with the dealers out of necessity, and coming out feeling you got a fair to great deal. Nothing worse than cognitive dissonance, I tell ya.

Congrats again. :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts