EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 803 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My co-workers father's Enclave has a roof leak which the dealer has not been able to find after 3 service visits. The water is leaking over the rear seat around the back-up sensor lights on the headliner.
It doesn't leak immediately after the rain or car wash, but will start to drip the next day. I have heard of many Acadia roof leaks, but not one like this.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
405 Posts
Re: Roof leak

does he have a sun roof? If so have all the 'drainage tubes' been checked/cleared?

·
Registered
34 Posts

Advise your friends to tell his father that this amount on the same problem in a short period of time warrants the lemon law in most states.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

*Enclave* said:
does he have a sun roof? If so have all the 'drainage tubes' been checked/cleared?
Yes, he has a sunroof. I will pass that info to him.

MRBUICK

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes, one of the drainage tubes was kinked, so they replaced all of them. That was on the first visit, and did NOT resolve the problem.
So, the saga continues...........

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Seeing that the BBB rendered a decision to replace my last GM vehicle, I'd strongly suggest he get in touch with either an attorney or look in the back of the owenr's manual where it lists how to file a BBB claim. There is no rhyme or reason that anyone with ANY vehicle make or model should have to tolerate problems that cannot be fixed timely. The manufacturer will always offer to repair the vehicle, that's a given. They will rarely if ever say there is a flaw they can't fix. If he needs any info regarding the BBB process tell him to gladly email me and I can provide it to him.

·
Registered
358 Posts

When I purchased my Enclave the dealer and I both signed a lemon law contract that is mandatory in Ohio. It states that if a problem isn't successfully fixed after three attempts the lemon law rule would be in effect. He may want to see if this was part of his contract or what the lemon law is for his state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:-[ :eek:hno:

:banghead:

I just bought my Enclave last week. That night, it rained and it leaked. Rain came in and ran down the back inside the wall panels. Everything got soaked and rain got into the wires, speakers, padding, carpet, everything.
The day after that, my engine light came on. Needless to say, I am very frustrated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: My Enclave Leaks When It Rains!

Sorry to hear that. I chose to not have a sunroof secondary to my concerns of an eventual failure. Would have never expected a problem so soon? Talk to dealer immediately, if not sooner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Enclave Leaks when it rains

Mickicb: Have you had a chance to get your vehicle to the dealer to find out the cause of the leak. It concerns me as I have an Enclave on order. Have any other Enclave owners had this problem? Please keep us posted. My Avalanche has a leak into the bed area that I have yet to have completely remedied.

·
Registered
405 Posts

That stinks! Make sure if you have the sunroof and moonroof that the dealer check their drainage lines. This has been the problem with the Acadia's, the drainage lines are kinked or clogged.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

caddycruiser said:
This doesn't need to be posted in multiple threads.

The two topics have been merged.

MRBUICK/Moderator

·
Registered
344 Posts

I would not let this sway anyone from buying sunroofs. My last car (Toyota) had a power sun/moonroof and I never had one issue in the 7 years since we bought it new. (My son has it now, never leaked a drop from 1998 to now). I had another car (a Lincoln) previous to that with a power sunroof, owned it from 1984-1992, never leaked a drop. And before that we had a 1978 Camaro Z-28 with T-tops, never leaked!

I would recommend you take it to the dealer, and if they can't fix it, maybe the lemon law would apply. (?) Because that's a major issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
509 Posts

^^Yes, and I'm not even sure if it IS the sunroofs. In reading the Acadia/Outlook forums, some seem to say it's that, but others the roof rack mounting, the rear liftgate seals, etc. Not sure if they've ever really sealed down on one main cause. But it hasn't seemed to affect the Enclave much, if at all. Well, until this case and (haven't read much) maybe one or two others.

·
Registered
743 Posts

I've had Cars with SunRoofs for many years and yet to have an Issue. :blob:

·
Registered
3 Posts

The dealership I bought the Enclave at couldn't get the car in right away, so I took it to another Buick Dealership. They said they fixed it. But it rained again and leaked again. I think it leaks in different areas. My engine light has been coming on too and I have had the car in 2 times for that. The latest diagnostic says that it is a sensor and the motor will need to come out in order to get to it. Onstar ran a test and said it showed concerns in the engine and transmission.

Also, the day I took my car into the dealer to fix the leaks, I looked at 3 other cars on the lot and 1 out of 3 also leaked.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

huh that is weird!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Also, the day I took my car into the dealer to fix the leaks, I looked at 3 other cars on the lot and 1 out of 3 also leaked.
:eyebrow:

·
Registered
314 Posts

mickicd said:
The dealership I bought the Enclave at couldn't get the car in right away, so I took it to another Buick Dealership. They said they fixed it. But it rained again and leaked again. I think it leaks in different areas. My engine light has been coming on too and I have had the car in 2 times for that. The latest diagnostic says that it is a sensor and the motor will need to come out in order to get to it. Onstar ran a test and said it showed concerns in the engine and transmission.

Did all the leakers (including yours) have sunroofs?

·
Registered
173 Posts

This is the worst problem to have with the Lambdas. I was hoping it did not affect the 2008s, but apparently it does.

My understanding is that the leak is probably NOT related to the sunroof, but most likely to the roof rack. That said, there have been multiple cases where the leak could not be fixed despite repeated attempts, and the vehicle was bought back. So it apparently is not clear what is causing the leaks, or how to fix them.

Good luck getting yours sorted out. GM needs to get on top of this problem pronto, it should have been resolved by now.

Vehicle reliability research

1 - 20 of 803 Posts
About this Discussion
802 Replies
165 Participants
DIYwhynot
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing