EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

761 - 780 of 803 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
123ablack said:
Sad news:
My 2013 Enclave (which I picked up in march), has began leaking in the rain. Not sure if it's related to the sun/moonroof or not.

I first noticed it 2 weeks ago when it was raining out there. The drivers side windshield interior post (between the air bag and speaker) got soaking wet. From then on, at every light rain this post gets really wet and water is dripping from it.

Last week started feeling rain drops on my nose (literally..) this time it comes from this little rectangle shape speaker (or microphone) right on top of my head.

Last friday again, I got quite some water coming in from those 2 spots.
Now when it dried up I dont see anything but there is a non-fresh smell in the cabin :'(

Again, This is a "2013" enclave with sunroof.

as far as I read here and in other forums, this is bad news.. This is going to be a difficult ride with many trips to multiple dealerships and hopefully one of them will find the problem and fix it..

What are your suggestions to get this thing fixed at my first dealership visit?
I'm having sleepless nights now...
PLEASE HELP :angryfire: :sosad: :eek:hno: :confused: :eyebrow: :'( :(
(I'm adding 2 pictures of the 2 locations where the rain comes in
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your Enclave. Private message me if I can be of assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are the pics of the pulling apart and repair posted anywhere? I have the Outlook with a repeat of the leak issue. Looking for some pointers on how to tear it apart to find the culprit.

The passenger side floor has about an inch of water in it this week .. coming right thru the sunroof drain hole into the cabin. I dont believe its leaking in the liner / a-piller - since they are dry. When I first had this in 08 the apillers were soaked (and stained).

Daryl

·
Registered
35 Posts
have '08. The recall for extensions to drains has been done a few years ago. I recently had the same problem wiht water on passender and drivers floor. Used compressed air to blow out the drain holes as they was blocked somewhere inside from debris. It took 4 seconds each and they were clear and draining well with no more problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my enclave leaks badly in the front driver side... down the A pillar...etc... going to short something out...peice of crap 45K car... lol GM sucks

·
Registered
26 Posts
ANOTHER LEAKER.

A small grommet failed allowing the sunroof drain located inside the roof to drain water to the interior front drivers side. The leak was not easily detected until a moldy smell developed inside the car, humidity issues, and the radio stopped working. The amplifier located near the leak shorted out and failed. (no fire luckily) After $1700 worth of damages and repairs were made by Buick, this design defect was corrected at full cost to the owner. This water leak could have easily caused more problems and possibly even a electrical fire. Other Enclave owners with similar problems should form a class action suit. GM does not take responsibility for this obvious design flaw even though the Buick Enclave forums have numerous similar complaints. GM's response was to offer a $2500 credit on a new vehicle purchase. I certainly have no need to ever purchase another problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have the middle skylight window in the roof. Mine was leaking into the back seat through the dome light. Cause my middle skylight window seal gone bad, and also the GPS antenna seal too!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
EnclaveLoverInHell said:
Do you have the middle skylight window in the roof. Mine was leaking into the back seat through the dome light. Cause my middle skylight window seal gone bad, and also the GPS antenna seal too!!!
Hi there,

Are you planning to take your Enclave in to have your leak addressed? We can imagine how this must be discouraging, however we're here to offer assistance if needed. Please private message us your VIN, full contact information, mileage and dealership name if we can help.

Amber N.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
189 Posts
Leak after 3 years. My 2008 just had wetness on passenger side. Damaged blower to air conditioner and was replaced uner warranty last episode. Is this under recall. Now have fowl smell in car. Help!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
mtenclave08 said:
Leak after 3 years. My 2008 just had wetness on passenger side. Damaged blower to air conditioner and was replaced uner warranty last episode. Is this under recall. Now have fowl smell in car. Help!
We're sorry to hear this, mtenclave08! Please send us your VIN and mileage so we can look into any recalls listed for your vehicle. For your reference, you can also access recall information at recalls.gm.com or at my.buick.com.

Amber N.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
189 Posts
Saw on google video on how to clear. Husband used electric wire and pushed through clogged drain tube on passenger side. Water slowly flowed -- then used air compressor and now fully clear.

I had called my dealer and they told me not covered anymore even though they have a report of my car in numerous times years ago -- told me that it is common for clogs and they now charge the "hourly" rate of $62.50 to clear. This is ridiculous. Try to stay with american cars and this is how customers are treated -- where is the service they should be providing. I even read on this site that there are 2013 with same problem. How can this be. I have an 08 and you would think this would of been rectified already.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can anyone elaborate on how long it was before your sunroof developed a leak or had problems. Was it garage kept, parked under trees during the day, etc... Did you perform any PM on the sunroof and/or gasket seals? Had a 2012 Equinox with a sunroof for 2 1/2 years with no problems, just wondering if I need to be more aware of the dual sunroof on the Enclae.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Now up to 54 months, no sunroof leaks. Garage kept. 41K miles, mostly hi way.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My leaks started about a year after I had car. I am the original 2008 owner. Probably had about 3 leaks. My car is not garage kept and after the first 3 leaks I always watch where I park. Tree over my property has been trimmed of branches that are over my driveway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a pre-owned 2008 Buick Enclave. I have had it for about 2 years but over the last few months, I have found that it leaks after every rain AND it's very frustrating. The water has drained from the roof in several areas depending on making turns in the car. It has drained down the driver and passenger sides and once in the back. I have seen there was a recall for 2008 models but ended in 2009. Will I now have to get my leaks fixed at my cost???? :(
I've already had so many bad experiences with my local dealership that I just want to cry right now thinking that I may have to take it to them AND even more that I will be responsible for the cost. Their service department is terrible and my car is in the shop RIGHT NOW at the body shop because of my liftgate and I JUST got off the phone with them - again very frustrating and they have me an emotional wreck again. Comments about the leak, please...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Have you done any searching on the various forums to see what you could do to perhaps stop the leak? Plenty of posts made about the leaks and various fixes. Some such as cleaning the drains you may be able to do, or have a shop do it once you tell them how to do it. It may be a matter of just GENTLY blowing air into the drains, or you may have drains that have disconnected and the headliner has to be pulled down.

The service bulletin or "recall" isn't going to help you cost wise, unless you find a very willing dealership or get customer service to help out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Electronic issues with 2008 Enclave (ONLY 45K miles) most likely due to a leak in the sunroof/skylight. We purchased the Enclave brand new. Power and all electronics would shut down for a few seconds while driving. I spoke directly with GM rep since sunroof leak has been a documented problem with other Enclaves built that year. GM agreed to pay half to repair the leak and directed us to a specific dealership for service. Short story, dealership, admittedly, cannot fix the leak and has made the problem worse, so much so that our Enclave now has mold on the carpet area. They let it sit for 3 weeks after a huge storm. They even lied to my wife once about the safety of the car. She was smart enough to ask to speak to the mechanic who said “I would not certify your car and I would never put my own family in your car because of the safety issue with the fuse block." Turns out water leak cause the fuse block to melt resulting in the electronic issues, even though dealership initially said it was the alternator (which we paid to replace). Now they want us to trade but only want to give $16K for the car and don't want to give credit for the $3K we spent at the service department for our car which has been at the dealership 6 out of the past 10 months. Per dealership’s sales managers request, we looked at vehicles on their used car lot to consider an even swap. We thought we were going to do a an swap for at 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. They said they would set the car aside, so it would not be sold until sales manager and service manager could meet Monday to discuss the swap. We receive a call by the salesman yesterday. He said, “I’m calling to see if you’re still interested in the Nissan Pathfinder”. Wife says yes, we have been waiting for someone to call us back after the meeting 3 days ago. He calls back a few hours later saying that they sold the Pathfinder on Saturday. Really? What happened to setting the car aside so it wouldn’t be sold. But fact is, they've ruined our car. Not sure what our options are. Heck, service manager even said they were going to send our Enclave to auction. My wife just wants her Enclave back, after all this, she loves that car.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
pickle145 said:
Electronic issues with 2008 Enclave (ONLY 45K miles) most likely due to a leak in the sunroof/skylight. We purchased the Enclave brand new. Power and all electronics would shut down for a few seconds while driving. I spoke directly with GM rep since sunroof leak has been a documented problem with other Enclaves built that year. GM agreed to pay half to repair the leak and directed us to a specific dealership for service. Short story, dealership, admittedly, cannot fix the leak and has made the problem worse, so much so that our Enclave now has mold on the carpet area. They let it sit for 3 weeks after a huge storm. They even lied to my wife once about the safety of the car. She was smart enough to ask to speak to the mechanic who said “I would not certify your car and I would never put my own family in your car because of the safety issue with the fuse block." Turns out water leak cause the fuse block to melt resulting in the electronic issues, even though dealership initially said it was the alternator (which we paid to replace). Now they want us to trade but only want to give $16K for the car and don't want to give credit for the $3K we spent at the service department for our car which has been at the dealership 6 out of the past 10 months. Per dealership’s sales managers request, we looked at vehicles on their used car lot to consider an even swap. We thought we were going to do a an swap for at 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. They said they would set the car aside, so it would not be sold until sales manager and service manager could meet Monday to discuss the swap. We receive a call by the salesman yesterday. He said, “I’m calling to see if you’re still interested in the Nissan Pathfinder”. Wife says yes, we have been waiting for someone to call us back after the meeting 3 days ago. He calls back a few hours later saying that they sold the Pathfinder on Saturday. Really? What happened to setting the car aside so it wouldn’t be sold. But fact is, they've ruined our car. Not sure what our options are. Heck, service manager even said they were going to send our Enclave to auction. My wife just wants her Enclave back, after all this, she loves that car.
Hello pickle145,

I truly apologize that this has been your experience with your Enclave, and appreciate the fact you have brought this to our attention. I understand you may be trading your vehicle in, but if it interests you, my team and I are able to further investigate your situation in order to better explain your options. To proceed, please send us a private message with your VIN, contact information, and involved dealership. Feel free to include any additional details or questions as well.

All the best,

Amanda K.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
283 Posts
And again it happened.....took my '08 into the Dealership yesterday to have my lines looked at since the a-pillers became soaked again. Told them the Warranty work had been completed on it several years ago and I have continued to have issues. I've tried blowing them out myself, but as wet as the inside was, I was convinced the tubes and connectors came apart.

They said they were plugged and because the headliner and interior pieces had to be removed, I was charged $142.97 to "Modify" they system. Yes, modify. This is their exact language on my invoice: "Font Sun Roof Drains Modified to Allow For More Water Flow". I guess we'll find out if the "modifications" work.

Meanwhile, I agree with many others, this is a poor design and one that they obviously cannot correct as 2013's are having issues.

I have another "Dealership" experience I will share in another post.

761 - 780 of 803 Posts
About this Discussion
802 Replies
165 Participants
DIYwhynot
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing