EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

941 - 957 of 957 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Called to cancel on my Silverado and got the 5 months for $25 and with taxes was $28 something. Got the 2 months free on the Enclave and will call the day before it expires to cancel it and either get the $25 deal again or will just shut it off. They don't want to lose a customer that is paying money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to thank Kel03, this link still worked for a 2 month trial on a used 08 Enclave we just got second-hand from my father.

Thx!

kel03 said:
Well, I got an email, and it was for a free two month trial, cheap is good, lol. Here's the link if you like !

https ://care.siriusxm.com/preownedvehiclestrial_view.action?utm_campaign=Prospect_ARD_February_2016_Email1&utm_source=ARD_February2016&utm_medium=Email

Maybe it will work for you .

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been getting SiriusXM for $24.99 for 5 months for a few years now. I just called in to cancel my subscription the day before it expires and was offered 5 months for $28 plus taxes and fees for a total of around $35. I told them I never have paid a royalty fee and would pay only the $28. They approved that. I send them a check so there is no credit card on file for them to charge. They try to tack on a $2 billing fee so I tell the service rep to credit me for that up front because the bill and check will cross in the mail. She did. I didn't like having to pay the additional $3 for 5 months but everything goes up eventually. This forum has saved me a lot of money down through the years so I hope this helps someone else.
DaveE

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I have had xm active on my 08 "Cherry-Ot" for 6.5 years and always call on my billing cycle to cancel, and they always grant my $5.00/mo for 6 months at a time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I recently purchased 2 CPOs, a Chevy and a Buick. XM sent me a renewal bill. I sent them back a letter that I would offer $100 for both vehicles for a year. They didn't bite. The Equinox just expired and the Enlave will be expiring soon. They keep calling, usually while I am driving, but don't want to budge on my price. I also told them not to call me anymore if they wont accept my offer. Oh well, I have the CD Player, aux inputs and the USB is great, I don't need to send them any money.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I am slowly getting to the same point. My new 2017 Sonata doesn't even have a CD player. AUX IN and USB. And the Nav? Don't even ask, it's not even housed in the head unit, but is an option on the Sonata Ultimate edition. . Mine gets linked with my cellphone mapping, somehow....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I called before mine expired. She offered $25 for 6 months and then $99 per year for the first year after that for the Select package. I told her that I would pay $60 for a year. She put me on hold and came back and agreed. With taxes and fees I am at $72.84 for the year. I will have to call again after the year is up to renegotiate.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I called before mine expired. She offered $25 for 6 months and then $99 per year for the first year after that for the Select package. I told her that I would pay $60 for a year. She put me on hold and came back and agreed. With taxes and fees I am at $72.84 for the year. I will have to call again after the year is up to renegotiate.
I am going to have to try that route. :thumb:

·
Registered
396 Posts
My XM expired the other day, I also noticed through caller ID, that they were calling on the home phone but not leaving a message. I decided to call them and re submit my offer of $100, they kept making the 5 or 6 month offer, I explained that I wouldn't do anything less than a full year. Then they were offering a year for $120. I told them they could have $100 or $0. The representative had to speak to his manager, then he came back and agreed, both vehicles for $100 for 1 year, no connectivity fee.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am getting fed up listening to the DJs telling us about which artists birthday is today and which one is getting divorced,or what the weather in Ohio is. There there are the ads for the other XM channels they want to promote. Where is the commercial free music? I will not be renewing XM even if I can get it for $25 a year.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I am getting fed up listening to the DJs telling us about which artists birthday is today and which one is getting divorced,or what the weather in Ohio is. There there are the ads for the other XM channels they want to promote. Where is the commercial free music? I will not be renewing XM even if I can get it for $25 a year.
I totally agree.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I just got letter saying auto renewed for $30 six months.
That's what I have been paying for 7 years. $5.00/mo + taxes @ approx $36.00. I think I am better off just plugging my phone I and hitting shuffle/random.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So my credit card expired since I renewed last time. So I got a call to update payment message. So when I went in the amount was much higher. Turns out they were going to charge me more than the letter stated. So I raised **** and cut the rep off with every lame dodge they tried. So finally they gave it to me for $28. But what they don't really tell you is they are bumping you up to their most expensive package and the renewal rate will be $96 a month. I think they are hoping by sending the letter you won't realize the huge increase. So I sagest calling them even if you get a letter and go over everything and make them take the payment in the amount you authorize on the phone.

·
Registered
396 Posts
They sent me a letter for signing up after the free 3 month trial last year. i wrote them back saying that it wasn't worth it for me to pay since there are so many more options now, CD, USB, Ipod, Phone. I told them that I would do $100 for two vehicles for a year, no response from XM. Then they started calling the cel while I was drivingl, They offered their standard package, I counter offered 2 vehicles, i year ,$100. They countered 1 vehicle XM the other vehicle XM App, 1 year for $100. If I can go with an App, why do I need XM? I said no thanx. Then they started calling the house and not leaving messages so I decided to call them and made my $100, 2 vehicle offer, 2 vehicles. They countered again, I said that they can have $100 or they can have $0, they accepted the $100.
I recently tried to remove my credit card for their Automatic renewal but you can't unless you are replacing it with a new valid card. I suppose the next step is to contact the credit card and de-authorize the renewal payment so I don't have to deal with cancelling after the fact.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I put mine on a CC I don't use very much. I plan to call the bank ans say my card was lost and to send me another one. I don't mind doing it since the bank just took away the virtual card feature where you could set up a card just slightly over the payment amount and have it expire a month before the plan does.

941 - 957 of 957 Posts