EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

The Official XM RENEWAL Thread!!

417K views 964 replies 237 participants last post by  rwagoner 
#1 ·
My 90 day XM service will be expiring in a few weeks. Does XM contact you directly for renewal? ???

#2 ·
Re: XM Renewal?

All they sent me was offers in the mail to re-up at the full price. Mine actually expired at the end of July. I have not heard anything additional from them yet. I know people have been able to call and get the $77 annual rate with some success. I never tried. If I don't get some sort of special offer in the next month or so I may call and try to renew at the lower rate.

#3 ·

I've never had XM. What is the "full price". Are there different packages? Do people think that the renewal price will go down the longer you put them off? ???

#4 ·

I don't recall, but it is $120-$130 annually if I recall correctly, as opposed to the $77 "special". I think there is only one level of service, but once again I am not certain.

#5 ·

zman said:
I don't recall, but it is $120-$130 annually if I recall correctly, as opposed to the $77 "special". I think there is only one level of service, but once again I am not certain.
I think you're right. My husband bought this for me for my birthday. No discounts here. :banghead:

#6 ·

I am enjoying the XM because I can get 40's and 50's music that I can't get anywhere else (except my CD's of course). Being new with XM, is it normal for the signal to fade when under bridges? The last time I experienced that was with AM radio.

#7 ·

A few notes on XM. The regular cost is $12.95 a month and there are very small discounts for signing up for a full year, two years, and three years. You will not likely get a post card with the $77 offer and will have to call in and ask for. The $77 deal is the best deal I have found over the past few years (used to be $60). Wait for the 90 day trial to end because once the $77 year long rate is paid the service date starts at that moment.

As for service, in major metro areas there are ground repeaters that limit the amount of outages by sending a FM-ish signal, but for the most part, your vehicle needs to have a clear view of the sky (southern view I believe) to receive the satellite signal. In more remote areas, there are no repeaters.

Hope that helps.

#9 ·

axiama said:
I haven't had trouble on bridges but I lose the signal completely in tunnels and parking garages. That seems consistent with dfc101a's post.
not ON bridges, but UNDER bridges.....

#10 ·

As I logged in this morning to www.xmradio.com to listen online. I noticed some promo of $6.99/mo in addition you can buy a Delphi XM portable radio for $9.99, when I tried accessing it, it asked for phone number to validate i m an exisiting customer, I bailed out at that time, since I still want to enjoy my 2 more months of freebie.

I m new to XM, this could also mean you pay 6.99/mo for that second receiver in addition to your regular $12.95/mo.

here is the link http://friends.xmradio.com/accesskey_smsverify.aspx?kid=5196204EFD

#12 ·

coop said:
As I logged in this morning to www.xmradio.com to listen online. I noticed some promo of $6.99/mo in addition you can buy a Delphi XM portable radio for $9.99, when I tried accessing it, it asked for phone number to validate i m an exisiting customer, I bailed out at that time, since I still want to enjoy my 2 more months of freebie.

I m new to XM, this could also mean you pay 6.99/mo for that second receiver in addition to your regular $12.95/mo.

here is the link http://friends.xmradio.com/accesskey_smsverify.aspx?kid=5196204EFD
Yes, the $6.99 per month is for a second receiver and is in addition to the $12.95 on your first reciever. XM is being a bit generous in calling it a promo as I think the regular price for reciever #2 and up is $7.99.

#13 ·

When my 3 months on my Lucerne was about to expire last summer I did receive a call from XM and bought a 1 year subscription. On the Enclave, I was only a couple of days away from expiration but had received no call. I called them and because this is my 2nd vehicle it will be $6.99/ month for the Enclave and the regular $12.95/ month for the Lucerne. It is worth it. I love XM. They even replay some of the old Casey Kasem American top 40 shows from the 70's and 80's. Great memories.

#14 ·

I guess I'm odd man out! I will not renew, as the music I like is only played inconsistently w/ much talk. It cuts out whenever I'm under heavy foliage (nauturally !) or tunnels etc. I think it's overpriced for what I get out of it. If you guys can get it for $69 year...that would be a fair deal to most, for what it delivers!

I do like pressing the steering button and saying " radio, 6, XM " and it goes to the 60's oldies channel. But I only enjoy about 35% of what they play. I'll stick w/ my CD/ Ipod.

but that's what makes horse races!! ::)

I love my Enclave!!

#15 ·

MRBUICK said:
My 90 day XM service will be expiring in a few weeks. Does XM contact you directly for renewal? ???
I just renewed my XM. If you renew before the free trial is up you don't have to pay the activation fee. I would suggest you renew online at www.xmtestdrive.com and click on SUBSCRIBE NOW. If you sign up for the 3 or more year plan and pay with a credit card you save 23%, or over $100. I would avoid the toll free phone number as it gives you customer service in India (somewhat of a language barrier). You need your XM RADIO ID NUMBER. I believe it's available by tuning to XM channel 0. The service is transferable if you trade to another vehicle. Also, if you're a subscriber you can listen to XM Online at no charge. I am listening right now through Windows Media Center.

There is an information packet in the Enclave Owner's Manual folder.

I really like XM because I live in a rather small city and the radio options are pretty slim. You do lose the signal occasionally, but it's digital and really quite good.

#17 ·

Activation fee can be waived. I told them I was refered by the "Opie and Anthony (O&A)" show can they waive the activation, they said no problem. I did this on both of my current radios.
If you want a discount you let the service run out and their promotions department will send you an email, or mailing inviting you back for a discount.

#18 ·

Just an FYI:

I just got my renewal card in the mail. Our service expired at the end of July. It is for $77 for one year with the $14.99 activation fee waived. It says "Come Back to XM". The phone number listed is 866-409-1096. The "Savings Code" is the radio ID, and mine says there is an expiration date of October 11th.

It looks like they give you about 2 months post expiration to bite on the full price deal and then finally dangle the $77 carrot. I think I'll bite.

#19 ·

My XM expired 2 weeks ago. I like the XM, but not at full price. I will wait for a better deal. I loaded the CD changer, and don't seem to miss the XM for now. With over 250 CD's in my collection, I have most everything I like anyway.

G
#20 ·

All you have to do with wait until your trial or subscription expires, then call XM and tell them you want the $77/yr promotion. The promotion code is 'ZWINBACK' if they bother to ask you. They'll put you on hold for a few minutes to "ask their supervisor" but as long as you've allowed your trial to expire, there's been pretty much a 100% success rate on this over at acadiaforum. I did it just a few months ago, no issues. You can't get this deal until your subscription/trial is over though. Don't even call one day early. It's a "Win Back lost subscribers" promotion.

#22 ·

admin said:
All you have to do with wait until your trial or subscription expires, then call XM and tell them you want the $77/yr promotion. The promotion code is 'ZWINBACK' if they bother to ask you. They'll put you on hold for a few minutes to "ask their supervisor" but as long as you've allowed your trial to expire, there's been pretty much a 100% success rate on this over at acadiaforum. I did it just a few months ago, no issues. You can't get this deal until your subscription/trial is over though. Don't even call one day early. It's a "Win Back lost subscribers" promotion.
Thank you, very useful info

#23 ·

The ZWINBACK seems to still work but I have heard of noone getting an offer called that for quite some time now. It seems like the card I received in the mail is what they are sending to current expired customers.

#24 ·

I received a notice the other day (after only one month of the three month trial) to continue XM coverage on my 2008 Buick "Terraza". ???
Wayne

#26 ·

Went to fatwallet.com, and serched under the XM forum, Just called 866-576-1418, and asked for the 50% off deal. No problem, they took about 1 min to setup my Enclave account again (It ran out mid Sept). You can then go on line, and listen to XM as well as in the car. $77 for a year, includes XMonline. Most people have done this for multiple years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.