EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

The saga of our Enclave.

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jimmyz 
#1 ·
Thought I'd share what we've been dealing with on our 2011 Enclave. A couple months ago our rear wiper started coming on randomly cycling the switch wouldn't fix the issue so I assumed it was a relay issue. Pulled the fuse and added it to the list of things to do. Kept putting it off, kept hearing about it from SWMBO.

Then we started noticing water in the foot wells assumed that when the windshield was replaced by the PO something was missed as far as a seal. Added to the list.

Got a check engine light for the p0449. Ok this thing needs shop time.

Changed the vent solenoid under the hood light still there. Pulled the tank and replaced the purge valve on the tank. Light gone, good feeling days going well.
Pulled up the weathertec mat nothing out of the ordinary. Go to replace the fuse and notice some corrosion on the fuse block. Great. Start pulling trim. Padding underneath the front carpets is soaked. Here we go.

Started research what could be the cause read about the sunroof drains. Cool replace the tubing and run it completely out the firewall, tested and working ok. To do that had to pull the dash and all the fun involved with that stuff. Pulled the carpets and slowly getting them to dry. The pad underneath that's on the firewall that appears to go the whole width of the car is still damp, dehumidifier in side to help.

Pulled the interior fuse block, lots of corrosion, brass brush cleaned up a decent amount of it new fuses etc.

Now just waiting for it to finish drying out, thankfully it hasn't started molding yet. Any tips on that would be great. Whenever the new bulbs get in replace all the taillights and then an oil change and were back in business. Hopefully.

See less See more
#3 ·
there was a known leak... that you could try to seal up-- but had to remove the cowl trim pieces. Like if you were going to access the wiper motor.
The fix was to apply sealant.
I had a post about it--- but the pics are probably gone.

#7 ·
This is an old posting but I wanted to add some notes. Be sure when you clean the grommet elbow to remove the internal nubs or it WILL plug again. I had the blower cover fill with water and failed the motor. I drilled a few holes in the cover just in case any more water gets in there again. I also had the battery well in the back fill with water to the top and disintegrated the positive cable. Replaced the cable and drilled some small holes in the bottom plugs to allow drainage. I also had the other common concern where water leakage takes out the radio amp by the steering column. This is a bugger to access, but new amp fixed it. Finally I have the passenger smart seat belt sensor not working which I believe is also due to water leakage. This is extremely expensive and I am looking at an aftermarket defeat solution. To dry the car out I had to remove all four seats and the carpeting to wet-vac the thick open cell foam and put the carpets in the sun to dry for days. Now the car smells fresh no more mildew inside and no more mold allergy sneezing.(y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.