EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I sense some anti-Buick bias in the review.
However, the market says otherwise, with Enclave sales passing Outlook sales, and soon leaving it far behind.
"GO BUICK" :thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually surprised at how many good things were said, and even by those who own the Outlook...But, just like any car specific forum, there will be those who have a hard time saying anything positive about the "competition".

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
GM is seeing market results with the lambdas EXACTLY like they wanted! This will only DRIVE more total sales of lambdas for GM. In the past, editors complained that GM clones looked too much alike with only slight changes to the grilles and/or instrument panel. With the lambdas, GM has managed to build the SAME vehicle that evokes completely DIFFERENT emotions.........BRILLIANT! Enclave = luxurious, high-end, expensive, plush. Outlook = euroflair and upscale SUV but not ultra plush, taut handling, and "clean" look. Acadia = tough, truck-like, "professional grade". Nuff said!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
We drove all three vehicles back-to-back over the same roads and there is a definite difference between the Enclave, Outlook, and Acadia. The Enclave rides better, is noticeably quieter, and looks more expensive. Our second preference would have been the Outlook, with the Acadia last. Personal choice is a good thing.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I am trying to decide between an Outlook, Acadia, and an Enclave. One factor that makes me shy away from Saturn is the policy of requiring warranty service be performed ONLY at a Saturn dealer.

A "lambda is a lambda", right? Wrong.

So.. if I visit my father in-law in Decatur Illinois and my Outlook breaks down, On Star will help me get it towed at Saturn's expense to the nearest Saturn dealership. Fine. But.. Decatur has no Saturn dealer. The vehicle would have to be towed somewhere 50-150 miles away -- leaving me to arrange my own transportation at my expense.

I checked a web site showing dealers by state. Illinois had 37 Buick dealerships (my recollection) and 12 Saturn dealers (most in Chicago). With a Buick I probably wouldn't have much of a problem finding a dealer. GMC has more dealers than Saturn, but still less than Buick. (I assume I can't take my GMC to a "Buick/Chevrolet" dealer and vice-versa for warranty work..)

·
Registered
103 Posts
If I remember correctly, Saturn is the only division with this policy. You should be able to take a GMC
to a "Buick/Chev" dealer for warranty work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
gbshuler said:
Decatur has no Saturn dealer. The vehicle would have to be towed somewhere 50-150 miles away ... I assume I can't take my GMC to a "Buick/Chevrolet" dealer and vice-versa for warranty work.
I'm really surprised GM still has such a Saturn policy, but:

1) There is a Saturn dealer in Savoy (suburban Champaign) IL. - 45 miles.
2) GM is encouraging Buick/Pontiac/GMC combo dealerships nationwide. If you want nationwide service, buy either the Acadia or the Enclave.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've been posting in that Saturn thread several times now, myself, having experienced all 3 vehicles (beach109, there).

As someone said, it's definitely clear that buyers of one of the Lambdas often don't like, or at least don't like as much, another. In particular, a lot of the Saturn guys aren't hot on the Buick, as is clear--and that's fine. I think another point that keeps getting brushed over, however, is there's not really a "difference" between any of them...as many claim their Outlook is just as quiet, looks just as upscale, etc. as the Buick.

Doesn't matter either way, and as I've said over there, you buy what you like and fits your budget. SO, the fact that GM could create 3 so specific buyer markets, with the same platform and general design--great stuff.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had the opportunity to see all three (Enclave, Outlook, Acadia) side by side. I liked all 3 of them because of the size. It's not a freakin mini-van, way to much style, not a truck, I didn't want that. It fits the need of family wanting to drive with style and class. I chose the Enclave because it was more up-scale and that it the look I wanted. It does not mean at all that I think the others do not look nice, it is simply a matter of personal taste. We do not want to be clones! When I drove my Envoy around I felt like a clone in my GM town. Everyone had one or a trailbrazer. There was not enough difference between them. Same as everyone who drove the Yukons and Tahoes. It is GREAT that the Lamdas look very different!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts