EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

241 - 260 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
As bad as your problems were, and as bad as I feel for you, my problems/stories are much worse with Buick Enclave.
If I submitted (I still may do it) a true review for the car/dealer/GM, I would be litigated right and left.

My goal at this point is to fix the car for 7 days, so I can sell it for anything it goes for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Let me see you have a 2008 Buick Enclave with 130,000 miles on it.

Not too bad, considering I traded in my 07 Outlook in Feb 2011 and it had roughly 33,000 miles on it.

At 130,000 miles you have almost 100,000 more miles than I did.

Good luck with your next ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,825 Posts
I got a laugh out of this old thread being brought out of the basement. This is the first thread where I heard of you...."who is this Sailfish"...was my first thought. Then I wondered why you were posting on the Enclave board. :happy: oh.. that was how many thousand posts ago? :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
kidsenclave said:
I got a laugh out of this old thread being brought out of the basement. This is the first thread where I heard of you...."who is this Sailfish"...was my first thought. Then I wondered why you were posting on the Enclave board. :happy: oh.. that was how many thousand posts ago? :angel:
I know...who would have thought!

Plus I have just made myself at home!

AND I have become friends, real friends, with so many of you! ;)

Except...for 9 members that is. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
schabiazabi said:
As bad as your problems were, and as bad as I feel for you, my problems/stories are much worse with Buick Enclave.
If I submitted (I still may do it) a true review for the car/dealer/GM, I would be litigated right and left.

My goal at this point is to fix the car for 7 days, so I can sell it for anything it goes for.
You did have 130,000 miles on you 2008 back in June of 2013, information from a post you made then.

How many miles are on it now?

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=11836.msg171492#msg171492
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Awwww...the little creep even spammed my post. It has been hidden for the last 2 years!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Sailfish, do you think that you've seen your 2007 Saturn Outhouse since trading it in for your 2011 Enclave?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
GoldEnclave said:
Sailfish, do you think that you've seen your 2007 Saturn Outhouse since trading it in for your 2011 Enclave?
No I haven't seen it. I know whoever purchased it was from Richmond, IN. I will need to ask Steven at Reichard next time I am up that way if they have seen it come back through for service.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
No I haven't seen it. I know whoever purchased it was from Richmond, IN. I will need to ask Steven at Reichard next time I am up that way if they have seen it come back through for service.
I pity the person who purchased it. But, maybe by some strange twist of fate, the car stopped throwing fits and has been a decent performer for the new owner. I doubt it, but you never know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I missed celebrating the anniversary of the "trade in of the Outlook" for the 2011 Enclave.

FIVE YEARS and counting. As my husband said over the weekend, only one car payment now, his Infiniti.

:blob: ;D :cheers:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
I missed celebrating the anniversary of the "trade in of the Outlook" for the 2011 Enclave.

FIVE YEARS and counting. As my husband said over the weekend, only one car payment now, his Infiniti.

:blob: ;D :cheers:
That is great news!

Though I don't have any car payments currently, I will likely be making two car payments in the not too distant future. I'm not looking forward to the budget busting effect that will have. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,433 Posts
Ditto here, not just the monthly payment, but the fact that you have to take a huge sum of money out of the bank to do the downpayment.

Here's the ugly reality. Say the VW Golf R manual with DCC/Navigation and driver assist lists at $40,010. I get a HUGE discount (good luck there don't seem to be any available from NYC to Phila., at least on the VW website), and get it for $37k. Add tax, no trade, 50% down, 1.99%, $562/mo. So not only is there the $562 for 3 years, but $19.6k out of savings. Is it really worth it? I think that every single month this scenario is avoided, is worth it.

Our reality too is that my wife wants to go back to work, so daycare will be starting. That's $1,400 at the high end, hoping to somehow not pay that much monthly.

edit: and to think when I got out of grad school after about 2 years, I was making $10k stock trades at a time, and even lost my entire investment on several occasions. My how life gets more serious when middle-aged....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
OMG my husband isn't a happy camper concerning his Infiniti right now.

He received this in an email last weekend. Just forwarded it to me last night as he was out of town until yesterday afternoon.

Tomorrow we are heading to the Infiniti dealership to find out just WHAT THE **** is going on?? AND what the **** can be done to correct this.

Yep, my husband doesn't get mad often, actually rarely. LOL I am the one who gets pissed off. But he is REALLY pissed off on this. No explanation as to IF this can be upgraded and IF or HOW MUCH it would cost.

All indications are that this option will no longer be available AFTER December of this year because....it is only a 2G instead of a 4g.

And to think, I was considering in 3-4 years trading in my "lightly used" Enclave on a small Infiniti SUV.

We hope you are enjoying Infiniti Connection's security and convenience features, such as Remote Door Lock/Unlock, My Schedule, Automatic Collision Notification and Emergency Call.

We would like to remind you that your current Infiniti Connection subscription will be expiring soon. Please note that your vehicle's telematics hardware is compatible for use with the 2G cellular network, which will no longer be available after December 31, 2016. To continue enjoying services at a prorated amount* through December 31, 2016, please provide a valid payment method online or call Infiniti Connection Customer Care at 1-855-892-7417.

Please read important information provided below regarding how discontinuation of the 2G network impacts access to Infiniti Connection features.**

Thank you for being an Infiniti Connection customer.
Best regards,
Infiniti Connection Customer Care
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,478 Posts
I have a Ford which also uses the AT&T 2G network to provide remote cell phone lock/unlock/start etc. There are also Vehicle Health Reports which can be sent from the car, and a few smart phone apps I use to send an address to the car for the navigation. I also get information on the mileage range remaining (it is a plug in electric PHEV) and other information from another Ford My Mobile app.

The 2G network IS being phased out, but Lincoln dealers are going to be the first to start installing 3G or 4G modules into owner's cars in order to keep those functions working. Delivery of the modules was supposed to have started last week or two. Ford will be doing the upgrades later this summer from what I was told.

No idea yet if there will be any cost, or if Ford will provide the upgrade to only certain year models. Mine is a 2015 so hopefully it will be done with no cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
ls973800 said:
I have a Ford which also uses the AT&T 2G network to provide remote cell phone lock/unlock/start etc. There are also Vehicle Health Reports which can be sent from the car, and a few smart phone apps I use to send an address to the car for the navigation. I also get information on the mileage range remaining (it is a plug in electric PHEV) and other information from another Ford My Mobile app.

The 2G network IS being phased out, but Lincoln dealers are going to be the first to start installing 3G or 4G modules into owner's cars in order to keep those functions working. Delivery of the modules was supposed to have started last week or two. Ford will be doing the upgrades later this summer from what I was told.

No idea yet if there will be any cost, or if Ford will provide the upgrade to only certain year models. Mine is a 2015 so hopefully it will be done with no cost.
My husband is hoping they do this to his Infiniti. **** we haven't had it a year yet.

Tomorrow we are heading to the dealership to find out what they are going to do AND if it will cost us anything. Their service department is open until 3pm so hopefully there will be a good answer for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,433 Posts
Sailfish said:
OMG my husband isn't a happy camper concerning his Infiniti right now.

He received this in an email last weekend. Just forwarded it to me last night as he was out of town until yesterday afternoon.

Tomorrow we are heading to the Infiniti dealership to find out just WHAT THE **** is going on?? AND what the **** can be done to correct this.

Yep, my husband doesn't get mad often, actually rarely. LOL I am the one who gets pissed off. But he is REALLY pissed off on this. No explanation as to IF this can be upgraded and IF or HOW MUCH it would cost.

All indications are that this option will no longer be available AFTER December of this year because....it is only a 2G instead of a 4g.

And to think, I was considering in 3-4 years trading in my "lightly used" Enclave on a small Infiniti SUV.
haha your hubby is likely like my dad. As a child I was fixing his Buick which had a Rochester 4 bbl. having never done it before, I wrenched his fuel filter and twisted and broke the fuel line. My dad did not even bat an eyelash, we went to the plumbing supply house, got the correct size straight pipe, a tube bender, and my dad fixed it like a circus clown bending balloons into animal shapes. Never angry. Oh how about when I was a child and drained his ford in the garage without a pan underneath, oil all over the garage floor. Nope, not mad.

When the alternator failed out of warranty, the dealer told him we can install used, re manufactured, or new. My dad did not want used, so he went for remanufactured (maybe they had new back the or dealer lied). He noticed the part had yellow crayon on it from a salvage yard. He went ballistic and told the dealer to remove it, and put his old part back in. Well, they did not have his old part, so they let him keep it and refunded his money. When you cheat my dad, then he gets mad. Well that ford was a piece of junk and the last American car he ever bought, been imports since the mid 90's.

There probably would have been a time when Nissan Motors would have planned ahead a future proofed...not today I guess....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
:facepalm: I don't believe it. Yet, I was sitting there when the service manager, in reference to the email said, "I haven't heard about this".

I chuckled and my husband said, "wait we have an email about what will be happening to my Infiniti and you have no idea?"

The service manager said "excuse me, let me check into this", and off he went. :sosad:

My husband and I were chuckling because there were a few times I informed the service department of notices concerning the Enclave, which I found out about on this forum. ;D

So, the service manager at Infiniti returned and said "well the 2G is being discontinued". Well YEA we know that but what will happen to our vehicle AND they are asking for money to renew from June to December and YET no idea if they have any plans on upgrading?

1. the 2017 Infiniti's will have the 4G service
2. the older Infiniti's will have hardware/software upgrades provided, when, no idea
3. the upgrade hasn't been finalized
4. the cost, have no idea if Infiniti will absorb 100% of the cost of if we will have to pay some, or all, of the cost for the upgrade.

My husband will probably renew from June - December so as to have the feature of a response if involved in an accident. After all, if one is driving and in an accident and are unable to use your cell phone, that option is the best.

Guess now the wait is on to see what happens. LOL and IF the dealership finds out before we do. :happy:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
It's really surprising that a luxury marque like Infiniti would be equipping their vehicles with outdated technology. 2G!? 3G is old! Even 4G is already half way into the typical lifespan of digital cellular communication technologies, while the 5G protocol is being finalized for roll out in a couple of years. :facepalm:
 
241 - 260 of 276 Posts
Top