EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,433 Posts
I think everyone is strapped for profits. Look what VW did, look at BMW with FWD X1's? And Mercedes as well? Front wheel drive, BMWs and Mercedes?? :happy:

I do think Nissan Motors is a shame, I was going to get a 2007 G35S sedan with 6-manual, until I had a business trip to Fort Lauderdale in Sept. 2006. I saw a BMW 335i convertible on the A1A, that was all she wrote.... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
GoldEnclave said:
It's really surprising that a luxury marque like Infiniti would be equipping their vehicles with outdated technology. 2G!? 3G is old! Even 4G is already half way into the typical lifespan of digital cellular communication technologies, while the 5G protocol is being finalized for roll out in a couple of years. :facepalm:
Agree and yet, with 5G at least a couple years out, upgrading to at least a 4G would give us several more years, hopefully, before it too is dumped.

This makes me wonder, if when the time comes to trade the Enclave in on something else, is it worth it to have all the bells and whistle options?

That is why his Infiniti was brought in from the Baltimore, MD area because there wasn't one closer with all the bells and whistles my husband wanted. And we were also talking yesterday, we had driven a 2 door Infiniti in a beautiful slate blue. Sighh...nothing like it in the Q50 and he said he still wishes they had that color. Then again we also tried to get it in red, our 2nd choice over the slate blue. AND didn't happen. BUT, color on his Q50 is beautiful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Digging this out and dusting it off.....it has been SIX YEARS today since we traded in the swimming pool on 4 wheels for the Enclave.

Still not close to 40,000 miles on the odometer. Although, a new set of tires is definitely needed...dry rot. Planning on getting a set of Michelins installed in a week or so.

Yep, here she is.....
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
Digging this out and dusting it off.....it has been SIX YEARS today since we traded in the swimming pool on 4 wheels for the Enclave.

Still not close to 40,000 miles on the odometer. Although, a new set of tires is definitely needed...dry rot. Planning on getting a set of Michelins installed in a week or so.

Yep, here she is.....
Wow! 6 years just flew right by! I still vividly remember when I picked up my 2008 Enclave over 9 years ago, too. It seems not that long ago, somehow. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Have an appointment set for Tuesday, March 7th at 9am.

Instead of a full set of tires, Michelin is my pick, going with a pair of Bridgestone. Matches the set which is on the Enclave now.

Plus a new battery, oil/filter change AND the recall for the lift gate.

They will have a loaner for me that morning. Might as well, get out and about and have an early lunch at my friends restaurant in the "Oregon District", downtown Dayton.

Of course, they are to double check to ensure that there isn't any "dry-rot" on the other tires. Which....just have to wait and see.

Stephen (Reichard service) and I were chuckling as today, we talked 3 times, the most we have talked in at least a year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
MRBUICK, I'm sorry to read about your Enclave's probable wave plate issue. Good luck with the repair and coverage.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
Have an appointment set for Tuesday, March 7th at 9am.

Instead of a full set of tires, Michelin is my pick, going with a pair of Bridgestone. Matches the set which is on the Enclave now.

Plus a new battery, oil/filter change AND the recall for the lift gate.

They will have a loaner for me that morning. Might as well, get out and about and have an early lunch at my friends restaurant in the "Oregon District", downtown Dayton.

Of course, they are to double check to ensure that there isn't any "dry-rot" on the other tires. Which....just have to wait and see.

Stephen (Reichard service) and I were chuckling as today, we talked 3 times, the most we have talked in at least a year.
Thankfully, your Enclave experience has been vastly superior to your Outlook (aka Outhouse, Outcast, Out-of-luck) experience. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
MRBUICK said:
With my possible wave plate issue with my 08 Enclave http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=12060.msg530553;topicseen#new , I sure do miss my old dealer, Lindeman Buick. I will be forced to used the ginormous mega highway dealer Green Brook Buick. This will be the first time I have needed a Buick dealer since Lindeman closed almost 4 years ago.
Good luck. I hope you have a pretty good experience with them. I am still happy with Reichard....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
GoldEnclave said:
Thankfully, your Enclave experience has been vastly superior to your Outlook (aka Outhouse, Outcast, Out-of-luck) experience. :thumb:
LOL I know.

The infamous "swimming pool on 4 wheels". I need to ask Stephen if the people who purchased the Outlook still come in for service. If my memory is correct, they live in Richmond, IN.

I do have a scratch on the console between the front seats. Our adopted Sheltie, Missy Serenity had a fit the other week after returning home from the veterinarian. She freaked out when I opened up the garage door. I guess the time before that when I had her to the vet, she must have been sitting on the floor.

First mark inside.....oh well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
GoldEnclave said:
Sailfish, you're doing very well if that's your 2011 Enclave's first mark. :thumb:
LOL no children climbing in and out. Yes we have 3 Shelties, but, they only go to the vet once a year. Unless they are sick that is, or a tooth (as in 2) pulled as what happened to our Sheltie Jake last year.

There is a mark outside on the lower cladding. I was going to have that taken care of and then thought, it isn't noticeable, just to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
LOL and a flash from the past appears.

I just had a memory pop up on my FB page from today in 2010. This was when Reichard had dropped the engine out of the Outlook to replace the head and camshaft actuator. Of course that was the second time the engine was out. As the LONG LONG story tells the history.

Anyway, still loving my 2011 Buick Enclave. I still have fond memories of the 2007 Saturn Outlook, my own personal "swimming pool on four wheels".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,937 Posts
My 08 Cherry-Ot is running like a top. 149,7xx miles. I did start having a rattle from what I thought was the DVD screen/courtesy lamp housing becoming loose. I tightened the 4 mounting bolts. Nope, not that. I removed all roof air vents and found the headliner bolts were loosened 1/8". Tightened those all down. Ta-da! No more roof rattle. If that hadn't fixed it, my next investigating would have been the roller tracks for both the sun and moon roof shades.
 
261 - 276 of 276 Posts
Top