EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pleased to share that after a wait of over 4 months, I'm now the proud owner of an Enclave. Finally! :blob:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
:jaw: NO WAY!!! That's awesome. Was it worth waiting 268 days for your Enclave order or what? :woot:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice job Terps! Have to give us the lowdown on all the stats, options, etc. I'm assuming due to the long wait you got alllllllllllllllllll the bells and whistles...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations. I ordered my Enclave 2 weeks ago. I hope the wait won't be as long.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Welcome to the forum Optimus! :blob:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
congrats goterps.... :cheers:

:welcome: to the forum optimusprimer, cute nic btw.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats goterps and welcome newbie :) And no, I don't think your wait will be nearly as long.....GM finally got its act together at the factory and now are crankin' out claves 6-8 weeks after order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FlavaClav said:
So what'd you get? Did you order the middle console with it?
At the time of the order the middle console was not available. Has that changed because if it did, I am certainly going to ask if I can change the order.
What did I get?

Buick Enclave CXL AWD
Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic
Dark Titanium Leather
Seven Passenger Seating
DVD Entertainment and Navigation
Driver Confidence Package
Luxury Package
Power sunroof with companion skylight
Rear cargo net and shade

·
Registered
12 Posts
ccaats said:
Congrats goterps and welcome newbie :) And no, I don't think your wait will be nearly as long.....GM finally got its act together at the factory and now are crankin' out claves 6-8 weeks after order.
I will definitely post upon delivery. I looked back at my notes. I ordered on 08.07.07. I am going to say the order probably was not entered on that day though. The dealer was telling me he places orders on a specific day.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
You know, it's starting to look like the blue gold is becoming a popular color. That's why I avoided the cocoa. Ming Blue is really nice guys! :angel:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
axiama said:
:jaw: NO WAY!!! That's awesome. Was it worth waiting 268 days for your Enclave order or what? :woot:
After a couple days, I can answer your question. Yes, it was worth it. While I have test driven the Enclave a couple of times, my experience over the past two days have given me an extended test period. I can't get over the smooth, quiet, and soft ride. This is the first S/CUV I have owned. I never liked the truck-like ride that the SUVs have. This is different.

I'm especially pleased and relieved over my color choice. I chose Cocoa Metallic because that's what caught my eye at an auto show where I first saw an Enclave. I really haven't see the Cocoa since that show, so when I saw it, my wife and I agreed we made the right choice. Whew!

Big test this weekend, as we will go 'downy oishen' as my friends from Baltimore would say.

I hope the long delays are over. In the end, I think the Luxury Package and dealer allocation were the biggest reasons for delay. I understood the problem with the Luxury Package; I learned about it on this board. I learned about the allocation problem here too, and it's a sore spot with my dealer too. Buick will correct the supply chain issue, I'm sure. But, if the old guard (my age peers) is still in charge at GM/Buick, perhaps they are unwilling to entertain change. We will see.

Here's what I got:

CXL AWD, Cocoa Metallic
7 passenger seating
Entertainment #3
Driver Confidence Pkg
Luxury Pkg
Chrome Wheels
Pwr Sunroof w/skylight
Cargo Net and Shade

As I said, it looks great. Wanna set it? It's the one featured in the brouchure, in commercials, and Tiger has one too. :cheers:

Okay, there is a downer. Perhaps influenced by discussions here, I think the carpeting/mats are too thin and flat. I now need to review all those posts to see what my options are in the aftermarket...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts