EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined this forum today. I have been thinking about buying new car for my wife. We have 2003 MDX and she liked way it drive.
But plastic parts started falling a part for 4years of beating up from my 2 kids.
We went to see new MDX and it was better than what we currently have. Then my friend who loves a car told me about Enclave. I looked at web site and fell in love. I'm 36 and my wife is 35 with 2 kids. we live in Northern California and I'm from Japan. So I didn't even think about buying american car, (sorry, no disrespect to american car). Everywhere you look, there is Toyota, Lexus, Acura, honda. Last couple weeks, I'm reserching about Enclave on web when I have free time and I'm 90% sure to order enclave.
Only draw back for me is "Buick". Feels old. But loved this car. I talked to my relatives and they all say "Why you want to buy Buick. Your car will go to shop with in 3 month." Chcking all the reviews and artical, JD power give Bucik same as Lexus.
I feel like I’m obsessed with Enclave. Checking internet about Enclave all the time. (That’s why I found this forum) While I’m on the road, looking for enclave, but I don’t see any. I only saw one 2 weeks ago. That’s it. Is Califronia last place to ship Enclave??

Did anyone compare with New MDX and decided to buy Enclave?
Would you tell me what made you buy Enclave, not MDX?
Does anyone have problem after purchasing Enclave?

I'm thinking to buy CXL AWD with entertaiment package 4.

Sorry for my English.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
mika,
First, welcome to the Enclave forum. :thumb:
Don't worry about your English, you are well understood.
You will find when you search this forum, that there are many former and current foreign car owners who got over the so called "stigma" of driving a Buick. The quality, workmanship, and overall satisfaction have exceeded all expectations.
You are correct, Buick was in FIRST place (tied with Lexus) in the JD Power long term reliability survey. I have owned Buicks for 23 years, and can attest to their reliability.
If you do not find the answers you need, feel free to ask.
In case you don't know, you can search inventory on buick.com.
Drive an Enclave, you WILL be sold!

PS
Check out the Enclave Envy thread, and some of the threads in the Polls section.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the Enclave forum--

mika, first you need to test drive an Enclave. That's what sold us. There isn't a quieter running CUV class on the road. Then look at the quality and comfort of this vehicle. Sure, there's Lexis, Audi, Accura, but we felt "why spend the extra $$? AND we got a vehicle with more interior room for 7 adults and "style". We have had our "first" Buick for 3 days and I can't believe the compliments we are getting. That tells us something. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mika - My wife and I own a 2004 Acura MDX. We've generally been very happy with it. A few months ago, we decided it was time to replace our other car and we looked around and fell in love with the Enclave. We've owned it about six weeks and still are loving it. So now we have the Enclave and the MDX. I can't speak to the new MDX models, but the biggest advantage that we have found with the Enclave is space - the interior is so much bigger than in our MDX. And that's important to us since we have 3 small children. We have the cxl awd with captains chairs in the second row. The third row in the MDX cannot compare - barely big enough for a small child on a short drive. But in the Enclave, the third row can easily handle full-sized adults, plus the storage behind the third row is significantly bigger than the MDX. The thrid row is much easier to access as well. The two cars are definitely different drives. The MDX has better acceleration but the Enclave is a very comfortable car to drive and very, very quiet - it has a much more luxurious feel. I'm 42 and my wife is 36 and we never, never thought about buying a Buick - every car I have ever owned has been Japanese. However, all that changed when we saw the Enclave and we haven't been disappointed yet! I hope our experience helps you in your decision.
By the way, not sure why you're not seeing more Enclaves on the road in CA. We live in northern NJ and have recently noticed several others just in our own town in an assortment of colors.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
mika,
qenclave just gave you the perfect endorsement.
"GO BUICK" :thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mika - We have had our Enclave for about 6 weeks now, and couldn't be any happier. My husband is 37 and I am 42 with two kids under 6. We had the same reservations you do - Buicks skewing to an older demographic, carpool lines filled with Japanese and German cars (we are in Los Angeles), Reliability of an American car....All of those reservations were put to rest after researching and purchasing our Enclave. I think the reliability issue is a misperception -- As you noted, Buick is as reliable as Lexus, and more reliable than most cars out there...The older demographic thing is just something you have to get over (it took me a while), and it is changing as we speak (just check out this forum a little longer, and you will see the most of us are fairly young). As far as being in a world filled with Mercedes,. BMW and Volvos...there is no better feeling that having a car that is just about as nice as most of them out there, and paying $25K less --

Here is my post after I first got the Enclave encouraging another member to hold out for the Enclave -- Every bit of it still holds true:

Well, I would say wait, as I really don't think that there is a vehicle out there that offers what this one does. I have researched this segment of cars/suvs for over a year now, and no matter what vehicle you choose, there will be something either missing, or something that you are totally overpaying for. The size of the cabin is unmatched (with the exception of the minivan). The drive is that of a Lexus, without the extra $25K. The 3rd row is more usuable than any 3rd row out there (again, with the exception of the minivan). The look of the exterior is a show stopper (unless you are married to a more boxy look -- which I must admit I love, but I now love the curves and lines, and design of thee Enclave). Even cars like the Mercedes GL450, at a loaded price tag of 75K doesn't offer the interior space and 3rd row usability as the Enclave.

We have only had ours since Saturday, but in the past several days, I have determined that all my research was for a good reason. Even though this car is one of triplets, it really seems like one of a kind to me. I took my son and his friends to AYSO soccer camp today, and the lot was full of minivans, Tahoes, Lexus....As I looked around, I thought, wow, I really love my car. Not only did it stand out among the crowd, got lots of interested glances, but my load of boys and girls all hopped in and out of the Enclave with ease (love the captains chairs!!!) -- I didn't have to do anything other than a buckle check roll call!!

Add to that the 4 year 5oK warranty, and the new Buick reliability ratings, and it is worth the wait.

There are obviously other choices out there, but if you don't need the car immediately, just hang out and wait...You won't be sorry....Lisa[/color]

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
:ditto: Well said, Lisa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Mika,

I also live in northern California (Silcon Valley), and I am 34 and my wife is 30. Our Enclave will be built
in the week of 10/22. We placed the order on 9/4, and we love this car a lot. We have
done a lot of research and found out this is the best car in the market now based on our requirements. So far
we have only seen one Enclave in our area (can not believe, right?), and I think people who live in Silcon Valley all drive BMW and Mercedez, so that will be very good for us to drive an Enclave here!!!

One suggestion to you is that all dealers in Bay Area they sell Enclave at least 1000 more than the
sticker price (MSRP). If you can wait, you should shop around in the central or southern California.
I got $300 over the invoice price from a dealer located in central California.

My wife's coworkers all drive European cars, and she will surprise her coworkers with this Enclave
in a good way when they find out she has an well-built good-looking American car.

Good luck in your research.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for good input. I checked inventory for Enclave and there are 4 CXL in my area. I will try to test drive this weekend. I appriciate warm welcome to this forum. This is my first time to join this kind forum.
Enclove made me join this forum since I don't see any Enclave in Sacramento area. I can not ask anyone "How is it?"
I will check more thred in this forum to reserch. but there are so many.
Any suggestion for me where to look or bigin?

Well until this weekend, I will keep checking web and this forum to learn more about Enclave.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mika,

I have driven Lexus vehicles for years. I currently have an 04 LS-430 and an 05 RX-330.

I am currently trading in the RX-330 and ordering 2 Buick Enclaves.

The Enclave outdoes the RX in quiet, comfort, etc... I am sold.

Side note: One is the White Diamond Tricoat and on Opal. The Opal vehicles was accepted today (10/4/2007). YEAH!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome Mika!! If you stick around here very long you will learn lots about the Enclave, and cars in general...plus, how to make a good purchase that you will be happy with. Good luck in your search! [/color]

:welcome:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just checked Enclave home page and they added 7 passenger with console in the middle for seat selection.
Does anyone know this console can be remove if we need more space?
Does anyone have picture what is inside of consol?

Or can we add this consol after puchasing regular 7 passenger CXL?

Reserching and hearing people coments, I think I'm 99% sure I'm going to get this.
Only thing I have to do is go test drive this weekend.
I'm hoping after I get Enclave, everyone will start driving. I still don't see any Enclave on the street.

·
Registered
577 Posts
mika said:
I just checked Enclave home page and they added 7 passenger with console in the middle for seat selection.

Reserching and hearing people coments, I think I'm 99% sure I'm going to get this.
I'm hoping after I get Enclave, everyone will start driving. I still don't see any Enclave on the street.
Not likely removable, can not be added after.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't think there are that many out there because it's so new. I have seen 1 so far on the road, and 1 at a dealer lot. No dealers seem to have them in stock either. For that matter, I haven't seen many of the Outlook or Acadia either. I've seen 1 Outlook on the road, and 3 Acadias.

Obviously they are selling but as a percentage of total cars on the road, the amount produced and sold is actually still very small.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
mika said:

I agree with Canuck...this site has a lot of info on the consule and special electrical wirering that is required which is why is can't be added aftermarket. They put power jacks in it etc. It seems to me because of this, there is NO WAY it could be removed. I don't have it and don't miss it, (I originally wanted it). I like the added space, opens the back of the vehicle up more, and people in the third row can stretch their legs into the space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally drove Enclave. I found one dealer who has enclave on stock. Like everyone said, it was very quiet inside. May be quieter than my Lexus GS. I was very impressive.
I was kind worry about power and transmission after reading lots of articles. But, I felt it was OK. I'm not going to race anyone and had enough power to pass other car on the free way.
Couple thing I want to find out and they couldn't answer was

Can I play CD while DVD playing in the back? Seems like entertaiment Pck #4 comes only one CD and share dvd. Is that mean if we play dvd in the back for kids, we can not play any other music???

Is is worth waiting until inventory catch up for demand of enclave?
Everything was great. I liked looks, inside and feel of driving. I looked at window sticker and MSRP was somewhere $45,000. and this dealer added $5000 more on top of MSRP. I thougt this was too much.
It will be more than MDX!!! I still think Enclave is much better for my family and loved quiet interior space, but that was too much. Sales person told me that if you want to buy Enclave now in this area, you have pay primium because there are only 4 in this area. I love this car but I can not justify myself paying that much on top of MSRP.

I know the person who owns buick dealer and thinking about calling him to get one for me. He told me it is hard to get for him and he also has waiting list for his customer last time I talked to him. His dealer is 75mi away from my house and he is the one told me about Enclave. I think I have to wait even thou He said he will take care but I think it is much better than paying over $5k.

Looking at this forum for last 6,7 days, hearing everyone's comments, and test driving enclave, 99.99%, I will get this car. Tomorrow, I will call my friend and ask him to order for me. It might take long time to become proud owner of Enclave but, you guys helped me to decide to buy Enclave. Thank you....
Now, I will start talking about more Buick in my friend circle and make them buy same one. Tell them how good this car is and show them inside after I get Enclave.

Mika

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah, you do NOT have to pay over MSRP...that's just a line being pulled by the dealer to take advantage of people who have to have one, regardless of the cost. Not to say it isn't worth it (I worried with your MDX comment...that's NOT a superior vehicle, regardless of image, just handles sharper and is a lot smaller), but no one should pay over sticker for anything. And you'll certainly find dealers who will discount. Certainly not a lot, but most people are getting pleasant pricing.

And like you said, most people are waiting anyway, with special orders AND getting the pricing they want, so that might be your best route.

As for the CD/DVD, this seems to be a commonly asked thing. But, you CAN play both a CD in the front and a DVD in the back, simultaneously. There's 2 slots, whether or not you saw them.

This picture is small, but this is the head unit you get with the DVD option, with 2 slots:

UVA
Entertainment Package #2, AM/FM stereo CD player, MP3 playback and Advanced Bose 10-speaker 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Entertainment System, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock and auxiliary audio jack which enables plug/play connection of all auxiliary audio players. DVD entertainment system includes 8" screen, rear audio controls with 2 headphone jacks and 2 wireless headphones

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you Caddycruiser.

The one I saw and thinking to get is with Navigation system and DVD in the back. I didn't see second slot. Did I miss that?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you get navigation+rear dvd, then you only get a single dvd slot.

·
Registered
509 Posts
linuxtwit said:
If you get navigation+rear dvd, then you only get a single dvd slot.
Right, with Nav, it's one DVD slot for the Nav system behind the screen, and another up top on the face that can either be used for the rear DVD or a music CD. It's a common "complaint" among the GM Nav system and other SUV's, at least since they got rid of the separate CD changer in addition to the main unit in vehicles like the Denali and Escalade.

Not too big of an issue now with so many people using the Aux. jack and their MP3 players, instead of CD's, but still valid.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts