EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am really really worried about the situation with the UAW. How many of you really feel like the LDT team will have their ENTIRE mind focused on building "world class" vehicles while all of this CRAP is going on? It is just human nature.....there is no way human beings can focus on doing the best at their job when everything is so tense right now with the UAW and GM. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order and losing the $500 deposit and just waiting this out, or trying to talk my wife into another Enclave we might can find in stock somewhere. I really don't like the prospect of buying a lemon. Please calm me down, because I am at my wits end. :banghead:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am sitting here worried about the same thing. I have been reading up in UAW boards, GM news, etc. Trying to get any bead on this. My Enclave is scheduled to be built next week. I am so close, but this whole thing has me frazzled.

I guess at 10pm EDT they are suppose to announce whether or not to strike. I am refreshing the cnn page that covers it every 15 minutes. :banghead:

Can you believe what this is doing to us !!

I am going to wait and see. If the worse case happens we will decide how important some options are to us and maybe start searching again. I have also been sitting here pricing the Acura MDX...There is actually one with all the same options we want on the Enclave less then 1 hour from me.

Just when Buick/GM is starting to get something good going we have this.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i havent been online in a day or so, so what is going on?? and what is UAW

·
Registered
186 Posts
Although possible, it is very unlikely that there will be a strike. This is a formality that is common between teh UAW and companies like GM. I just spoke with my husband, who is at work right now and he said he doesn't believe he will be told to walk off his job tonite. Will know for sure in less than 2 hours. If there is a strike, its very likely to be short. I would not even begin to consider cancelling my order!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Vikchic.....I know I am just being paranoid. I hope you are right. Does your husband work at LDT?

·
Registered
249 Posts
ccaats said:
Ok, I am really really worried about the situation with the UAW. How many of you really feel like the LDT team will have their ENTIRE mind focused on building "world class" vehicles while all of this CRAP is going on? It is just human nature.....there is no way human beings can focus on doing the best at their job when everything is so tense right now with the UAW and GM. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order and losing the $500 deposit and just waiting this out, or trying to talk my wife into another Enclave we might can find in stock somewhere. I really don't like the prospect of buying a lemon. Please calm me down, because I am at my wits end. :banghead:
Sure it's hard to concentrate about building cars when there's a loom of a strike but there are quality controls in place to make sure each vehicle are up to standard. Does that guarantee the next vehicle made is as good as what we have received? No. But it also doesn't guarantee ours to be any better built than what will be coming out the factory. At any day and time, a rotten apple will fall from the tree. Hope that apple doesn't have a VIN # with your name on it. 8)

G

·
keep in mind that robots also build these, even though there are still workers, most of the big stuff is done by robot.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
ccaats said:
Don't do it! Good things are worth waiting for! If you buy a MDX you'll just die of "visual boredom" and never find your car in the sea of Hyundais and other look-a-likes, at the mall! Besides, don't you want your car to have "blue eyes"?? (headlites on Enclaves have beautiful, blue headlite halo's!)

The talks continue as of this morning, and both sides know what's at stake! As stated in previous posts, much building is done by robots and the workers aren't looking to put themselves out of the only high paying job in the area available to them.
Keep the faith!
Trust me. It's worth the wait.
We love our Enclave! :thumb:

·
Registered
186 Posts
ccaats said:
Thanks Vikchic.....I know I am just being paranoid. I hope you are right. Does your husband work at LDT?
No he works one of the Engine plants that supplies this trio with the V-6 engine. This same engine is going in Cadillacs and other cars/trucks coming out. Keep in mind, IF, there is a strike, anticipate it to be short. No one WANTS to be on strike. Your Enclave will be worth the wait, that is why when I couldn't stand it any longer, I hunted mine down out of state! I think it is STUNNING! and so does everyone else :thumb:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I am sorry for my negative attitude, I mean NO ill will to all the hard working UAW guys who build our Enclaves! It looks like things are looking MUCH better today and I am glad the two sides are still talking and working hard to reach an agreement. I think I am just learning how alot of the "politics" works in this industry and things really aren't as bad as they seem. Vik, I am curious, does your husband have any idea how much earlier an engine is built that goes in the "powertrain" of a lambda? I am sure I will have an "assembly" date on my "Clave here soon and I was just curious what time frame that may mean that my "powertrain" is being built. Tell your husband that I wish him and all the workers "all the best" and hope that they get a good contract out of the negotiations.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
don't you want your car to have "blue eyes"??

Keep the faith!
Trust me. It's worth the wait.
We love our Enclave! :thumb:
Yes! I want my "Sapphire" with her beautiful blue eyes! I'm waiting!![/color] :wine:

·
Registered
222 Posts
With the talks appearing to be going well, and both sides still talking and working things out I have taken a leap of faith and just ordered my WeatherTech FloorLiners for the front and seat covers for the front passenger chair and the Third Row bench to allow our dogs to ride along. :blob:

Our build week is this week, lets see what I get first. My noted order above or my Enclave!!!

:blob: :blob:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Yes! I want my "Sapphire" with her beautiful blue eyes! I'm waiting!![/color] :wine:
Hey did anyone notice that when it's dark, as you start the motor, those blue headlites come on, and do a little left -to- right dance for us!!! Flipped out when I first noticed it! maybe it's checking the "turning motors" in the headlites?? This was a part of the Lux package, I think?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes...I've noticed the headlights do a little "dance" when they first come on when its dark. Don't know what the purpose is? Yes, it is part of the Lux package..

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I also am very frustrated.  I am thinking of backing out on principal.  How can so many orders be filling when placed so far after mine (June 12th).  My friends have started teasing me as the wait has been so long.  It has become a bad joke.  My dealer said he was the second largest dealer in my area so he should ave good allocation numbers.  I was told it has been built and was set to be delivered on the 11th.  Have not heard a word.  In fact, mu dealer has never initiated a call to me, I am always calling them.  I think this is terrible when I am purchasing a $43,000 vehicle.  If they want this to be considered a luxury vehicle to compete with the big boys, they better up the service level as well.  This is really a bunch of cr_ _!

·
Registered
344 Posts
bsox, where did you order your enclave? I'm having the same experience with Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg. Although I'm happy with the price we get with them, each time we buy a vehicle there the service gets worse each time. Like you, I'm always initiating calls and they're promising to return my calls and never do. This time, when the salesman asks us to give him all "excellent" ratings so he won't lose his bonus, I'm going to laugh.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Same here...my salesperson never called me to give me status. I always had to initiate the calls. And when I ask, they seemed to be irritated and upset that I've called. When I got the car, she started showing me a sample of the questionnaire that will be coming from the mail and she said it should be filled out this way (all perfect). Anything less, she said, would be a failure. My thoughts: If you have nothing good to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all. While I would LOVE to fill out the questionnaire on how I really feel, I don't want to screw her job by giving her a terrible score. I figure we all get what we deserve someday, somehow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
firebird said:
Yes...I've noticed the headlights do a little "dance" when they first come on when its dark. Don't know what the purpose is? Yes, it is part of the Lux package..
The headlights move left to right every time you turn the ignition. It's an ops check to show you that your articulating light is still working. If it doesn't move one day, then you know to have it checked. The only other way to get the lights to move is to drive at least 5 mph, forward.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Hey did anyone notice that when it's dark, as you start the motor, those blue headlites come on, and do a little left -to- right dance for us!!! Flipped out when I first noticed it! maybe it's checking the "turning motors" in the headlites?? This was a part of the Lux package, I think?
Oh goody, kinda like my "Sapphire" will be flirting with the other vehicles! Can't wait!![/color] :love:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts