EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty meh about my 2013 Enclave and was thinking about trading it in in the spring (with one year of warranty left)...I was considering Caddys but can't believe how much extra they want for a bit of Caddy plastic over what say a GMC Yukon has with basicly the same body etc. Too bad Buick doesn't have a large SUV to compete with an Escalade...
The bigger styles might be more than I need but I do want to have at least the towing capacity that my Enclave has...I'm also thinking of a Santa Fe (I had a 2005 one and really liked it)....might even look at the Ford line but it seems that all the large SUVs all look kindof the same and are getting pretty boring?
Anybody really like any new units that stand out from the rest?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
When you mention Santa Fe, that implies you don't need the Enclave's 115 cu ft. Your possibilities are endless.

Santa Fe, Highlander, Pilot, these are all upgrades with respect to quality and reliability. IMHO Toyota and Honda "cheap out" in their design such as suspension, but they never let build quality and reliability go to pot. Boring to drive? Of course.

If your pocketbook allows, the new Volvo XC90 is well received, just have to get used to a 4 cyl. Definite step up over an Enclave.

New Q7 is small and could break the bank with a 23 speaker Bang and Olufsen, but would likely be a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
john 070 said:
When you mention Santa Fe, that implies you don't need the Enclave's 115 cu ft.

I rarely use all that space although it has come in handy at times...Just how much less space do similar models like you've mentioned have?...I like the 7 passenger capability but rarely use it (so who cares if the people in the back are scrunched in a bit?<G>)

Santa Fe, Highlander, Pilot, these are all upgrades with respect to quality and reliability. IMHO Toyota and Honda "cheap out" in their design such as suspension, but they never let build quality and reliability go to pot. Boring to drive? Of course.

I like the fact that you get a few extras with Santa Fe...like heated back seats too...

If your pocketbook allows, the new Volvo XC90 is well received, just have to get used to a 4 cyl. Definite step up over an Enclave.

New Q7 is small and could break the bank with a 23 speaker Bang and Olufsen, but would likely be a pleasure to drive.

I'll have a look at the Volvo and Q7...thanks...only problem I see is I don't think I've got a local Volvo or Infinity dealer in my small city.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OOPs...volvo is out I need at least or more towing capacity than the Enclave...and I guess the Infinity is a tad small too....still leaning towards a short Yukon or Explorer if I stay with the North American built, or that Santa Fe maybe...

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
limbery said:
OOPs...volvo is out I need at least or more towing capacity than the Enclave...and I guess the Infinity is a tad small too....still leaning towards a short Yukon or Explorer if I stay with the North American built, or that Santa Fe maybe...
. The Q7 can tow, but it's price should be the same or more than a Yukon...much better driver but it seems to be becoming more like an Outback than a suv....if you need a ?yukon then I don't think the Q7 would cut it. Maybe you should let the Enclave age a little before ditching it...just a thought...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...I've been checking out the Ford Explorers and they're looking pretty good in comparison shopping!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The ford is definitely up there in terms of price. It will have lots of technology and stuff. But to me I just don't see myself buying 55k while the warrantyis at 3 yrs of bumper to bumper. Another point is if the explorer will still have the myford touch. Heard sync 3 is better, but not sure if it's still working properly. Or would you want to wait for the "shortened" Acadia to come out at the Detroit auto show?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Volvo SUV a step up from a loaded Enclave????

We looked at a Volvo a year ago and was really unimpressed with size and engine performance. Seemed more like a Ford Escape product just double the money.

Wasn't impressed with any of the Hyundia products either. The only vehicle we liked as much as the Enclave was the Infinity big SUV. Just didn't have a dealer close enough to me to make sense.

Just my recent experiences (late 2014).

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
tjs3 said:
The Volvo SUV a step up from a loaded Enclave????

We looked at a Volvo a year ago and was really unimpressed with size and engine performance. Seemed more like a Ford Escape product just double the money.

Wasn't impressed with any of the Hyundia products either. The only vehicle we liked as much as the Enclave was the Infinity big SUV. Just didn't have a dealer close enough to me to make sense.

Just my recent experiences (late 2014).
I think they're talking about the new xc90

·
Registered
657 Posts
Finally wife won, but 5k+ discount was the real motivation.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
That's a pretty Lexus. As much as I dislike Toyota products, some of the Lexus vehicles have caught my eye. This is one of them. Enjoy it! :cheers:

·
Registered
657 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
That's a pretty Lexus. As much as I dislike Toyota products, some of the Lexus vehicles have caught my eye. This is one of them. Enjoy it! :cheers:
Thank you!! The only problem is my wife kind of not getting out of it. I bought 4 other cars in the past but where ever we go I was the driver. This one she kind of addicted to it. I never thought that she will like this bold shape. But it is growing on me too.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I gotta' admit I continue to go back and forth on Lexus' current crossover/SUV design language.

It's obviously different than their previous uber-conservative style.....which, IMO, is a good thing.....but has gone so far the other direction that I sometimes have to double-check if I'm even looking at a Lexus anymore. I think I actually like the general style of the new NX, but personally find it less successful on the bigger (and far higher-volume) RX. And for someone who's a confirmed fan of oversized grill-work as a styling exercise, I've still yet to warm to their spindle design (which I myself think works OK on the NX).

Of course, it'll be Lexus customers who'll make the final determination as to how well the new language ultimately works.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I personally don't care for the front of the current generation Lexus CUV's/SUV's. I know they are good, reliable vehicles but I think the front is FUGLY! Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who owns a 2002 cladded Chevrolet Avalanche.........

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Man when I got my Nissan I was a young pu** out of B school...I remember seeing some old dude (imagine his age today as that was 18 yrs ago) driving a Lexus GS400 (1998). I thought, that is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Today, look at the GS, looks like a bloated Camry (I know the ES is the Camry, but today the GS looks like a Camry). Could never understand why they charged $130 for an oil change, and it's not even synth. Is that why you dislike Toyota? They wrote a dissertation on why synthetic motor oil is unnecessary.

But what I do envy is their repair record.

Although, how much sense does this make--90% of Camrys sold in the last 10 years are still on the road. Where the h*** else would they be?

Do you see any 2006 BMWs on the road? Audis? Kias?

http://www.toyota.com/camry/awards/

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I think it's kind of awkward that Toyota/Lexus don't give you shift knobs to test drive until you actually buy the vehicle

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I can't seem to start a thread so I have to hijack this one. I totaled my wife's Enclave a couple of weeks ago and was looking for a newer replacement Enclave when I stumbled on a deal I couldn't refuse on a new 2015 Cadillac SRX -$10K under MSRP. I guess I will be leaving this board but I will drop in from time to time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
10 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing