EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting seat covers for the places my dogs will roam in our Enclave. I definately want one for the third row, but since I do not have an Enclave to look at I have a request.

I need to know how long the third row is across (48", 54", or 60").

Also would you consider this a "bench" seat or more car like?

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Buick says the rear "hip room" is 48" though I'm not positive that translates into an actual measurement of the rear seat width. I'll measure tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it. Also, I'd say closer to bench than car-like. It does have "depressions" for three distinct seats, but they are fairly shallow and you could really sit anywhere along its width.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have dogs, too, and was thinking of folding up the third row seats, unless I was using them for passengers. Then I have the two captains chairs (2nd row) with the opening for them to walk through. Those of you with an Enclave, do you think that will work? Do the bucket seats fold up against the front seats (out of the way)? I know they slide forward for axcess to the 3rd row. :confused: [/color]

G

·
Rosita2001 said:
I have dogs, too, and was thinking of folding up the third row seats, unless I was using them for passengers. Then I have the two captains chairs (2nd row) with the opening for them to walk through. Those of you with an Enclave, do you think that will work? Do the bucket seats fold up against the front seats (out of the way)? I know they slide forward for axcess to the 3rd row. :confused: [/color]
i know from my acadia that they folded flat, but i dont think they fold and tumble like the 07 tahoe and yukons

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
:eek:fftopic: Thunder, how do you transfer the icons when copying? Am I doing something wrong? When I copy & paste, the icons don't come along.[/color]
:help:

G

·
Rosita2001 said:
:eek:fftopic: Thunder, how do you transfer the icons when copying? Am I doing something wrong? When I copy & paste, the icons don't come along.[/color]
:help:
can you be alittle more detailed, when you mean icons do you mean these ;D :help: :confused: :beer:

or somthing else, if you mean the smilies i just hit quote and it does it automaticly for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are refering to icons like this ;D then you need to make sure there is a space after the
icon, or it doesn't come out right. Or are you refering to something else?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
can you be alittle more detailed, when you mean icons do you mean these

or somthing else, if you mean the smilies i just hit quote and it does it automaticly for me.
Okay Thunder, yours above I just clicked on the little "quote" icon in the rows above, on the "post reply" page, then copy and pasted your words, including the smileys, etc.

linuxtwit said:
If you are refering to icons like this ;D then you need to make sure there is a space after the
icon, or it doesn't come out right. Or are you refering to something else?
Now with linuxtwit, I just hit "QUOTE" and it copied everything, including smiley. I think I got it now... :confused: I do, don't I???? :beer:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Rositta 2001, you may be disappointed with how much the 2 row capt seats fold/move forward. It's adequate to gain access to 3rd row (but we just walk thru middle of Capt. seats. This works well only w/ those under 5'6" due to ceiling height limitations. But taller would probably not sit in 3rd row anyway) As for carrying & loading things, when folded , 2nd row folds even w/ 3rd row for a flat load floor. (except space between 2 row Capt. seats, obviously) . All things considered, pretty good hauling room w/all folded except front buckets. Plenty of room for a little pooch to roam! ;) I'll try & post some pix later on!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Rositta 2001, you may be disappointed with how much the 2 row capt seats fold/move forward. It's adequate to gain access to 3rd row (but we just walk thru middle of Capt. seats. This works well only w/ those under 5'6" due to ceiling height limitations. But taller would probably not sit in 3rd row anyway) As for carrying & loading things, when folded , 2nd row folds even w/ 3rd row for a flat load floor. (except space between 2 row Capt. seats, obviously) . All things considered, pretty good hauling room w/all folded except front buckets. Plenty of room for a little pooch to roam! ;) I'll try & post some pix later on!

Rositta 2001, click camera icon to left (it's my gallery pix) I posted several, seat feature views. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, I think I got :hijacked:

:)

Any one who could measure their Third Row seat across would be greatly appreciated. I would like to order the seat covers so that I can have them before my Enclave arrives.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Wife got home little while ago. 3rd row seat is exactly 47" wide , w/about 1/2" space from each side wall. Front to rear width of bottom seat cushion is 16"
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
muljo said:
Wow, I think I got :hijacked:

:)

Any one who could measure their Third Row seat across would be greatly appreciated. I would like to order the seat covers so that I can have them before my Enclave arrives.

Thanks a bunch!

:eek:fftopic: Sorry Muljo! I'm glad Smokin finally did that for you...lol!
[/color] ;D

Rositta 2001, click camera icon to left (it's my gallery pix) I posted several, seat feature views. Hope it helps!
Hey Smokin, thanks a bunch for posting those pics!! Really appreciate that! Yes, I can see I will be a little disappointed with how the 2nd row seats fold forward---in my Rendezvous, my 2nd row folds right up to the back of the front seats, and I love them that way! Works to load my older pooch in the side instead of the back which is twice as high. I'm sure I'll love the car, and will just have to find other ways. I have one tiny Chihuahua, but my other dogs are large...2 aussies (80# each) and a skinny German Shepherd (65#).
I wonder if the Aussies can walk through the middle seats? Maybe to fold everything flat would be best. Is there some kind of carpet I can get to cover the entire area when folded flat, do you know? Either carpet or a rubber mat?

Muljo, sorry again, for using your thread to ask unrelated questions...
[/color] :comfort:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! The 48" seat cover it is. My dogs will thank you as I was not going to take them out until I got covers and now our first trip will be the beach :)

Our Enclave is scheduled to be built next week. :blob: I am so excited I can't stand it!

No problem Rosita ;) It is all good information. I have two dogs, a German Shepard/Husky Cross and a Pug. They work well in our van with the 2nd row captains chairs and both can walk through and get on the back seat our lay down on the floor. I am hoping the Enclave will be the same.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
muljo said:
No problem Rosita ;) It is all good information. I have two dogs, a German Shepard/Husky Cross and a Pug. They work well in our van with the 2nd row captains chairs and both can walk through and get on the back seat our lay down on the floor. I am hoping the Enclave will be the same. :thumb:
Thank you for sharing your thread with me, Muljo! I was thinking maybe the Enclave has less room than a minivan has between the bucket seats. I hope not! Oh, I'm sure they'll all squeeze thru it...lol![/color] ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts