EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember Don.......from the Lansing Delta Plant....indicated a third shift was being implemented and that they had a mock assembly line to train the new workers.

Does anyone know if it is starting up this week? I thought I saw a target date of 8-27-07. Any more updates on this anyone??? :help:

And if the 3rd shift is running, what % increase in daily vehicle output will result??

I think they were originally running 10 hour days with 2 shifts. On that Nextgear video about the plant, they indicated and output of 720/day...... before the 3rd shift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
On Friday my dealer said the third shift had already been laid off because since the Saturn is not selling as well as the Enclave they are just making more Enclaves and taking away numbers from Saturn. So I guess they are planning to catch up on the orders that way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Third shift just started last night 8/26/07 in General Assembly – both Paint Shop and Body Shop are already up and running. Right now, on an average day with all three shifts running we can build 1023 but I see that number going up.

As of today (and these numbers change):

GMC Acadia – 56.3%
Saturn Outlook – 19.4%
Buick Enclave – 24.3%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Don Willems said:
Third shift just started last night 8/26/07 in General Assembly – both Paint Shop and Body Shop are already up and running. Right now, on an average day with all three shifts running we can build 1023 but I see that number going up.

As of today (and these numbers change):

GMC Acadia – 56.3%
Saturn Outlook – 19.4%
Buick Enclave – 24.3%
If you see a ming blue CX with ebony going down the line...let me know! ;D And make sure she looks real nice! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the update Don.....

I'm sure many ENCLAVE LOVERS out there are encouraged :thumb: :thumb:

We are waiting anxiously...... :angel:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
Don Willems said:
Third shift just started last night 8/26/07 in General Assembly – both Paint Shop and Body Shop are already up and running. Right now, on an average day with all three shifts running we can build 1023 but I see that number going up.

As of today (and these numbers change):

GMC Acadia – 56.3%
Saturn Outlook – 19.4%
Buick Enclave – 24.3%
Already they are producing more Enclaves than Outlooks. I see that gap widening as time passes. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Don, thanks for the update on the production increase. It's nice to have someone on the inside. Do you know what is causing the Lux package to be constrained and if they will be lifting constraints on the Lux package any time soon? I am sure at lot of our members, like me, are hoping that you have a positive answer for us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
The Luxury Package along with The Tri-coat paint “White Diamond” is in such high demand right now. As we ramp up third shift I fell this will get better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Sorry about the last post, I hit the wrong Key.

Don,
Thanks for the quick response. That makes me feel better since my dealer said I would get his next allocation for a Lux package.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
Don Willems said:
Third shift just started last night 8/26/07 in General Assembly – both Paint Shop and Body Shop are already up and running. Right now, on an average day with all three shifts running we can build 1023 but I see that number going up.

As of today (and these numbers change):

GMC Acadia – 56.3%
Saturn Outlook – 19.4%
Buick Enclave – 24.3%
Don,
1023 per day x 6? days per week x 50 weeks = 307,000approx. per year plant capacity.

(total Lambda sales)
May 14974
June 14534
July 12080 (drop probably due to plant shutdown)

I guess you expect the demand to increase? The down trending numbers seem to be from lack of inventory, not from lack of demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
We are not working as many Saturdays so I think we should base that on 5 days a week - But yes I see your point; we have to be able to meet the impulse buyer’s needs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don, once again, thank you for your response to our questions. :thumb:

A technical question, I have been reading on this forum about the "transmission shifting problem".
This seems to be the concern getting the most postings.

I'm sure GM is aware of this problem. Can you tell us if this problem is already accounted for in the current production numbers and corrections made? So, as we wait patiently for our Enclave, we can assume that our vehicles ( hopefully built in September) will have the changes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,065 Posts
Don Willems said:
We are not working as many Saturdays so I think we should base that on 5 days a week - But yes I see your point; we have to be able to meet the impulse buyer’s needs.
Thank you Don :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
juglake said:
Don, once again, thank you for your response to our questions. :thumb:

A technical question, I have been reading on this forum about the "transmission shifting problem".
This seems to be the concern getting the most postings.

I'm sure GM is aware of this problem. Can you tell us if this problem is already accounted for in the current production numbers and corrections made? So, as we wait patiently for our Enclave, we can assume that our vehicles ( hopefully built in September) will have the changes.
It's discussed in another topic somewhere but vehicles built after August 1 are supposed to have the new program for the transmission. So assuming it addresses the issues you should be OK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
juglake said:
Don, once again, thank you for your response to our questions. :thumb:

A technical question, I have been reading on this forum about the "transmission shifting problem".
This seems to be the concern getting the most postings.

I'm sure GM is aware of this problem. Can you tell us if this problem is already accounted for in the current production numbers and corrections made? So, as we wait patiently for our Enclave, we can assume that our vehicles ( hopefully built in September) will have the changes.
Yes it's a simple computer re-boot. One of our employees bought an Acadia and they went right out to our parking lot and re-booted it. But yes, all new ones will have the new computer program.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top