EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow clavers. I have a little nitpick I guess you could say. Either that or I am really dumb because I don't know how to do this. I was sitting in Halle today enjoying a quick sandwich before going back to work. I had my sunroof open. I wanted a little cross breeze, just crack my side window open a little, and so I just quickly tapped the roll down button on my side window. It starts going all the way down. I quickly push it to go back up, and I end up doing this see-saw thing with the window until I was finally able to stop it where I wanted.

Ok bring it on. Am I dumb? How do you just "crack" your windows open? (I am not a true blond but my husband sometimes accuses me of this). :angel:

·
Registered
260 Posts
There should be two stops for both up and down. Just lightly push it down or up until you feel resistance for manual control. To use the auto function, push past the resistance to activate the auto function, kinda like the turn signal lever and changing lanes. I think you were just a little distracted by your sandwich and didn't realize you were activating the auto function instead of the manual function.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Halle's mom said:
Hi fellow clavers. I have a little nitpick I guess you could say. Either that or I am really dumb because I don't know how to do this. I was sitting in Halle today enjoying a quick sandwich before going back to work. I had my sunroof open. I wanted a little cross breeze, just crack my side window open a little, and so I just quickly tapped the roll down button on my side window. It starts going all the way down. I quickly push it to go back up, and I end up doing this see-saw thing with the window until I was finally able to stop it where I wanted.

Ok bring it on. Am I dumb? How do you just "crack" your windows open? (I am not a true blond but my husband sometimes accuses me of this). :angel:

Don't Feel Bad...... I have the same problems :)
Best
Rob

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks for not taking advantage of the opportunity to make potshots at me! :happy: Glad it's not just me. As spring is around the corner, and warmer weather, I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough!! 8)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think that if you hit the button a second time after doing the auto down (up a second time on the auto up) it will stop. It has on mine.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
One of the 50 reviews I read had a complaint that stopping the window from opening or closing all the way was difficult for them, too sensitive they said. Hope this makes you feel better also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good Post Halle's mom and more than a little brave. I didn't notice to much trouble on our Clave, but have had same problem with loaner, in addition to the two stops on the switch am I hearing there are two setting auto and (semi) if you double click? I'm sure there is something in the manual but what fun is that. By the way I'm not only not blond, but I guess my hair color is best described as fleshtone.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
BoSoxFans said:
Good Post Halle's mom and more than a little brave. I didn't notice to much trouble on our Clave, but have same problem with loaner, in addition to the two stops on the switch am I hearing there are two setting auto and (semi) if you double click? I'm sure there is something in the manual but what fun is that. By the way I'm not only not blond, but I guess my hair color is best described as fleshton :confused:e.
With a blank canvas such as that, you would have room to get you avitar tatooed on your head like that guy in New England with a Patriots helmet.

PS. My name is not in any way associated with the Red Sox. It has been my nickname to shorten my last name for many years. I am a Twins fan and yes feel free to thank me for Mr. Ortiz.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh you saw me on T.V.,( just kiddin.) I did wonder about that, {didn't see it til after I joined} pity such a nice NN, but a twinkees fan and yes, can't thank you enough for Big Papi. Whats up with building an outdoor park up there?

·
Registered
413 Posts
BoSoxFans said:
Oh you saw me on T.V.,( just kiddin.) I did wonder about that, {didn't see it til after I joined} pity such a nice NN, but a twinkees fan and yes, can't thank you enough for Big Papi. Whats up with building an outdoor park up there?
I'll be at the Red Sox/ Mets game next Monday afternoon in Port St. Lucie; the game was sold out the same day the tickets went on sale. Hopefully some of the regulars will play for a few innings. The weather is supposed to be about 75 and sunny: can't beat that.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
43 SB enjoy we're planning a triple header this summer, road trip from Boston to Chicago, Red sox vs White sox on Sat. over to Wrigley for Cubs vs Cards. Sun. back to Cleveland Indians play I believe Marlins on Monday. Zman can't wait to see your new stadium it looks awesome. I don't know if we'll see all the ballparks in MLB but its fun trying. So far Fenway Park, Rodgers Centre Toronto, Camden Yards, Baltimore, and of course the Evil Empire. >:D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
BoSoxFans said:
Zman can't wait to see your new stadium it looks awesome. I don't know if we'll see all the ballparks in MLB but its fun trying.
Make sure you wait the two years. The Dome is a dump.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thks Zman we will, 2MC its a small world {but I wouldn't want to have to paint it} its to bad Trot only stayed a year he's a classy guy, just at that point in his career, he gave it all when an RSox, but it is a business. I had the pleasure of a weekend in Feb. in Cleveland a few years back my wife gave me a trip to RRHF as cold as it was it was nice to know, the heart of Rock-n-Roll is still beatin, in Claveland. That ocean Oil Can Boyd referred to was frozen solid as a Mackerel on a bait truck.

·
Registered
413 Posts
BoSoxFans said:
43 SB enjoy we're planning a triple header this summer, road trip from Boston to Chicago, Red sox vs White sox on Sat. over to Wrigley for Cubs vs Cards. Sun. back to Cleveland Indians play I believe Marlins on Monday. Zman can't wait to see your new stadium it looks awesome. I don't know if we'll see all the ballparks in MLB but its fun trying. So far Fenway Park, Rodgers Centre Toronto, Camden Yards, Baltimore, and of course the Evil Empire. >:D
I'd love to go to a game at Fenway but probably won't ever make it to one. I do enjoy the games from Fenway on TV. Mets Stadium is about 25 mins. south and Dogertown about 15 mins. north so I always take in a few spring training games. I've been going to Dogertown since I was a kid in the early 50s; great place to watch a game. To bad this will be the Dogers last year in Vero Beach; looks like Arizona next spring.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
How bout those darned windows huh? ;D ;D ;D

Zman, can't believe Carl won't put out for a retractable roof!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
How bout those darned windows huh? ;D ;D ;D

Zman, can't believe Carl won't put out for a retractable roof!

:hijacked:
The roof actually won't fit on the property I am told. They are squeezing the stadium into a small lot over near the Target Center, where the Timberwolves play, if you know where that is. Over where 394 dumps into downtown. Just fitting the stadium as designed on the lot is difficult I guess. I think it is going to be the most compact stadium in the US. It will be 40,000 seats and "quaint". I think some of the common areas are actually running over some roads, almost like a bridge. It sounds like it will be great for viewing, plus I guess it is big enough to actually have spacious concourses and actual bathrooms, unlike the Metrodump.

Plus, no one wanted to pay the extra $100 million for the roof.

Now off to the dealer for the daylight savings time air replacement in my tires (Ask Smokin, he understands).

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
thanks FREAK [/color] I know right where that is, they use to burn garbage on that site!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts