Registered
6,655 Posts
yes got the letter...
no have not had the problem....

others have had the problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yep. got the letter and had the problem already fixed. sitting in dealer right now to check if seemingly related problem fits under the recall.

·
Registered
127 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Wow! This time a 2008 or 2009 model year Enclave is not involved. ;)
Well it depends on the VIN your car has. I got a letter for my '09.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I received a letter for my 2008 as well. Difficult to tell if VIN number sensitive or not although the letter states "some 2008 model year Buick Enclave vehicles". My build date is 10/07 if that helps. Have had none of the symptoms mentioned in the letter on my 2008 with 113k miles. Hope it stays that way!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Oh, crap! Mine was built in 09/07, do I guess I'll be getting a letter soon too. I'll add it to the pile. :facepalm:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got this letter on my 2010 Silverado. Must have been a bad few years for several of their vehicles. My sister got one on her 2008 Silverado. Her's failed just outside of the extended mileage warranty. To date, mine has not had any issue. My truck is at 41,000 miles

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
With almost 111,000 miles on my Enclave's odometer, it's never exhibited any throttle sensor issues. If this problem were to occur after the warranty expiration, how expensive would the repair bill be?

·
Registered
402 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
With almost 111,000 miles on my Enclave's odometer, it's never exhibited any throttle sensor issues. If this problem were to occur after the warranty expiration, how expensive would the repair bill be?
I changed her throttle body. It cost around 130.00 OEM parts from Amazon. Dealer quoted her $500.00 do do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received letters for both of our 2008 Buick Enclaves today. And both are now out of the 120,000 mile period that GM will cover. My Enclave is still exhibiting a slightly rough engine issue after the spark plugs, coil packs, and MAF sensor were replaced, and after the throttle body was cleaned. I am fine with these replacements, as they probably needed to be done at some time and it cost me less than $300 and my time to do everything. But I want to eliminate the rough engine issues, especially under acceleration.

From the recent letter, is the referenced Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) a separate unit that can be replaced, or is it an integral piece to the Throttle Body that must be replaced as a whole unit? I suspect the latter from the info that I can find. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Got the letter today. It's going in the glovebox with the water pump letter. I am at 109,5**. I probably won't need it though until I cross the 120,000 - then it will be useless and I will have to pay out of pocket. and probably do my own work on it at that point.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just got this letter last week. Not sure if I should warn the new owners or not ;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Grimm said:
Just got this letter last week. Not sure if I should warn the new owners or not ;)
Same here. We just traded our Enclave around Thanksgiving and it's still for sale on the dealer's lot. I thought about telling them but they are a GM dealer so they should check for any recalls. I just filed the paper with the info I still have from when we owned the Enclave. I'll hold onto it until I thin out that paperwork in a few months.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts