EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if this recall has reached Canada yet? Does the Letter from GM identify this as a special extended coverage (like the power steering pump situation), where they identified the symptoms, the requirements for eligibility, and the actual fix/solution?

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Received the letter and this is my recent story with it and how things started:

My vehicle just went through these issues with the misfire codes. My engine was running rough and skipping and then the check engine light came on. I took to the dealer who informed me I had a misfire on #2 and would cost me about $500 to do along with a tune-up since I was at the 100k mark. Well I couldnt afford the $500 repair so we opted to buy the coil our selves since #2 is easy to access. $30 fix. After replacing coil #2 it didn't resolve the issues or the CEL so I took back to the dealer and this time the codes were showing misfire on #2, #3, and #5...I thought how could #2 be showing it was just replaced. The dealer recommended the spark plugs along with replacement of the 3 coils and a fuel induction cleaning since the misfires will cause carbon build up- all for a price of $1157. I hesitated but not much I could do and bit the bullet and gave authorization to fix the issue. During this time I received the recall notice for the Throttle Positions Sensor and kept asking the dealer if this experience I was having was related and they assured me it was not. Ok so they went ahead with the service. Got the call for pick-up and my husband went, paid and drove away. 2 miles down the road the car starting experiencing the same issues and died in the middle of the road. Called dealer and they had it towed back at their expense. 2 days later they informed me they will be replacing the throttle body under GM "special warranty" at no cost to me...Oh really I thought-- ok go ahead. 10 days later I had not heard from the dealer and phoned them to inquire about what was happening. They informed me they replaced the throttle body but it DID NOT correct the problem and in fact caused another problem that they had to defer up to detroit to sort out. Come to find out the Throttle Body issues that were under special warranty damaged my 2 Catalytic Convertors but they assured my this would be covered by GM only because the throttle body messed up the convertors and all the work I initially paid for with the coils had to be redone AS WELL. ok good news right? Its covered!!

Wrong, I got the call 2 days later from the dealer GM will not be covering the $1600 repair for the catalytic convertors and I will have to come out of pocket which was a shock to the dealer because they requested GM to pay for it and GM wants to keep denying it. So my car sits at the dealer and I have been getting the run around and denials from GM. A master GM tech of 40 years is stating the convertors were damaged due to the throttle body (which is under warranty) but we are all astounded they won't take responsibility for it. GM will not reimburse for the inital $1100 on the coil replacements that have to be redone cause of the throttle body destroying things in my car nor will they replace the catalytic convertors which the throttle body damaged all because my car is out of warranty but how I see as well as my lawyer sees it, the warranty product cause another device to failure and therefore should be covered by GM. The dealer agrees and supports me as well! So now since I have exhausted talking with GM Customer Service, I move on to a BBB case before small-claims court.

Hope this helps others!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Good luck!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts