EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question about the side view mirrors when in reverse and the DIC option to tilt mirrors in reverse. Can the mirrors be set to how far down they tilt ? Mercedes Benz has the ability to set how far down the mirror will tilt down.
On the Enclave I find the mirrors tilt to far down to be effective.

Any info on this option will be appreciated.

Regards,
Reg

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmm,
i really didn't look deep into this one yet.
I too would like to adjust this.
i'm really not used to this tilt feature even though i have it on.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I agree 100%, but unfortunately I think the answer is NO. Our compromise is to have one mirror tilt and the other not.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't believe you can adjust it. We're not even using that feature anymore. We tried having it turned On for the passenger side but my wife decided it was better just to leave them both Off. I made her try it for a while as I hate not using a cool feature like that but she could only come up with one or two instances where it was useful for her. On the flip side she could come up with several instances where it was helpful to have it stay in the normal position. After a while I had to agree and shut it off. It works great if you're parking next to curbs a lot but most places we take our Enclave it has not been necessary.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the passenger side on as well, and I am going to turn it off. It is to distracting when I am backing up. Works great when I am parallel parking -- but the downside is bigger. Too bad, as I am one of those curb crashers ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lisaoleary said:
I had the passenger side on as well, and I am going to turn it off. It is to distracting when I am backing up. Works great when I am parallel parking -- but the downside is bigger. Too bad, as I am one of those curb crashers ;)
Maybe I will disable this too in the future, but right now it's just too cool to shut off!!! I think it is really cool that we have the option to customize things to your liking. I have never had so many programable features, being a gadget guy, I am in heaven. :angel:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a cool feature in the Mercedes Benz, what makes it usable was the ability to program how far the mirror tilted. Great for parallel parking and ensuring nothing is along side the vehicle when backing out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't have the tilt option on my Enclave, but have noticed that the mirrors are large enough to keep tilted down so I can see parking lot lines when backing into a space and still have excellent rear vision on the highway. With some practice I've been able to work around the rear visibility issues with the mirrors and the back up sensor. A few thousand miles and I'm really starting to feel at home in my Enclave. ;D

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
jacko said:
I don't have the tilt option on my Enclave, but have noticed that the mirrors are large enough to keep tilted down so I can see parking lot lines when backing into a space and still have excellent rear vision on the highway. With some practice I've been able to work around the rear visibility issues with the mirrors and the back up sensor. A few thousand miles am I'm really starting to feel at home in my Enclave. ;D
Off topic,but I also got the ebony interior, at first glance it is beautiful, how is it holding up after a few thousand miles. It seems to me it is going to be easier to keep clean. I also like how the tracts for the rear seats don't stand out so much with the ebony. With the cashmere, I didn't like they way the tracts were black as that was all I noticed when in the back seat. Owned now for 23 1/2 hours, so far so good :D :D ;D ;D

·
Registered
525 Posts
My ebony interior is cloth since mine is a CX. I really like it. The wood accents show up nicely, and I have absolutely no glare or reflection problems. The only downside I notice is dirt on the floor mats seems to show up a little more than it did in my previous vehicle which had a light taupe interior. I bought mine off the lot, and had a choice of one with titanium interior. I liked the ebony much more. It just seemed a classier looking interior, but that is certainly a very subjective opinion.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You have to turn this feature on or off? I have it on my Rendezvous, and just love it to pieces! But then I love the HUGE mirrors the Rendezvous has. It was on when I picked up the car and I have never thought about removing it! I hope I like it on the Enclave, too. You guys have me worried![/color] :confused:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
You have to turn this feature on or off? I have it on my Rendezvous, and just love it to pieces! But then I love the HUGE mirrors the Rendezvous has. It was on when I picked up the car and I have never thought about removing it! I hope I like it on the Enclave, too. You guys have me worried![/color] :confused:
If you like it now you will like it on the Enclave. I just think it is pretty cool that you have the option to turn it off, just have the right side tilt, or left side, or both.... :p

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
If you like it now you will like it on the Enclave. I just think it is pretty cool that you have the option to turn it off, just have the right side tilt, or left side, or both.... :p
I don't know, we had it on our Expedition and loved it. We more or less hate it on the Enclave. The mirrors tilt too far down and the amount of tilting does not seem to adjustable. If GM would back off the amount of tilting it would be a nice feature.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
zman said:
I don't know, we had it on our Expedition and loved it. We more or less hate it on the Enclave. The mirrors tilt too far down and the amount of tilting does not seem to adjustable. If GM would back off the amount of tilting it would be a nice feature.
Although I have set the passenger to tilt, I agree, that it goes far too down. It should be programmable, since the drivers of the Enclaves are not built in same factory and vary in size, shape and form.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
When backing out of my driveway, and then put it in drive, and the mirror moves back, I get that strange feeling that a car or person is coming up on my right. That movement out of the corner of my eye takes getting used to. I still have not decided if I will turn it off.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Thats why you look in to your fisheye rear view camera.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
coop said:
Thats why you look in to your fisheye rear view camera.
Camera? I do not have one :(

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
bsox said:
Off topic,but I also got the ebony interior, at first glance it is beautiful, how is it holding up after a few thousand miles. It seems to me it is going to be easier to keep clean. I also like how the tracts for the rear seats don't stand out so much with the ebony. With the cashmere, I didn't like they way the tracts were black as that was all I noticed when in the back seat. Owned now for 23 1/2 hours, so far so good :D :D ;D ;D
Mega -Congrats!! You'll love it! I have the ebony also!. GL! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
reg255 said:
A question about the side view mirrors when in reverse and the DIC option to tilt mirrors in reverse. Can the mirrors be set to how far down they tilt ? Mercedes Benz has the ability to set how far down the mirror will tilt down.
On the Enclave I find the mirrors tilt to far down to be effective.

Any info on this option will be appreciated.

Regards,
Reg
Sorry no adjustment for them as others have stated. I too find them less than helpful when backing and turned the feature off! Depends on you height, seat adjustment etc. Didn't work well for me or wife. HOWEVER we got those press on little round, convex view add-on mirrors and put one on each side mirror! Fits well, eliminates ALL blind spots and does the job when backing up! Suggest getting them (definitely) just for blind spot elimination. Place them on outer most area of mirror and you still have enough normal mirror to use also! :thumb: Mine are about 3 inches diameter and don't extend past OEM mirror surface at all, when adhered.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Mega -Congrats!! You'll love it!   I have the ebony also!. GL! :thumb:
Thanks.  I love the interior, all the credit goes to my significant other as she thought it would look good with the white diamond.  She was right and I love the wood accents with the dark.....  2 days, still loving it.  I agree the mirrors tilt to far down, but it is a cool feature and I will let it go for awhile to see if I get use to it.  :beer: TGIF

1 - 20 of 22 Posts