EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all experts here,
Had my E since 2008, during recent check mechanic told me need to change motor mounts but don't give me estimate saying need to pull all the guts out to know which/how_many to change. I push the engine with hand, don't feel any movement. But do see it shift under drive load. Please see the video reference here. Can you kindly advise whether the movement in the video seems excessive to warrant motor mounts change?
Much appreciated!

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
quick way to tell- if the front one has failed--- if its leaking a fluid.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks to me the front mount is done, too much movement. Mine didn't leak until I removed it. Leaked out turning it to get clearance, otherwise didn't at all. I could hear it when I'd accelerate and shifting was harder than usual. I'd put my money on the front mount (front of the engine compartment) being shot.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I remember mine-- also made a squishy sound- since the fluid was leaking.
when it moved-- it made the sound. YOu know fluid squishy sound.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
729 Posts
If it is a 08 then you should have the vacuum assisted mounts. The two Delco OEM fronts are about $81 & $85 on Rockauto.
You know they mark up parts. It is probably a two hour job for each. I believe Rabbarios has a picture thread and there is probably a youtube video out there there as well.

Check out this link : https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4663881&cc=1438345&jsn=1049

·
Registered
66 Posts
My opinion, and its just an opinion, but why not get the Anchor brand mounts for a 1/4 the cost? ($22.89 on Rock Auto) Not sure what the plan is for keeping the E, but I replaced mine with an Anchor and plan to keep my E for another 4-5 years... (mileage is about 79K miles(126,000kms) currently)... So far, so good with the Anchor. (20,000 kms on it now) Especially if you are handy yourself, took me 30 minutes to do mine, and if there is a next time, I'm sure it will be 20. Side mounts are even easier to access if they go...
Just my 2 cents on that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts